As the largest protest in Canadian history closes in on Trudeau, he goes into hiding

Rod

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Doubtful it will last that long.

• A class-action lawsuit on behalf of Centretown residents seeks $9.8M for for emotional, mental and other distress and punitive damages.
  • GoFundMe says no further funds will be directly distributed to the Freedom Convoy organizers
  • The Ottawa Police Service says it’s launching a “surge and contain strategy” with partners to tackle the protests
  • Leaders of the trucker protest say they won’t leave until mask and vaccine mandates are ended, numbers expected to rise Saturday
  • Convoy protesters have been reported in the suburbs
  • Ontario Premier Doug Ford on Friday called the trucker protest in Ottawa “unacceptable” and called for it to end
  • Ottawa area Liberal MPPs are urging Ford and Solicitor General Sylvia Jones to enact a piece of legislation that would allow policing costs during the ongoing anti-mandate protests to be recouped from organizers
  • Protesters have erected a 14-by-14-foot wooden shack between Confederation Park
  • Farmer convoys arriving in Ottawa Saturday, according to MPP who supports convoy
  • City warns of continued traffic and service impacts Friday, with numerous bus detours and several bridge closures still in effect
  • Urban city councillors plan to walk the streets of Centretown starting Friday

https://mobile.twitter.com/FairQuestions/status/1490019553111277572?cxt=HHwWiICsufO4zq0pAAAA

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Read something today, that they're planning one in Washington on March 1.  :good:

These aren’t your typical paid activists that one can easily just ignore. These are regular people that are fed up. That’s why the media and the government are trying so hard to crush it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ACE said:

These aren’t your typical paid activists that one can easily just ignore. These are regular people that are fed up. That’s why the media and the government are trying so hard to crush it. 

Thats the best part, they're exposing just how corrupt they are.  I think the elites over estimate how dumb the public is, and I hope it comes back and destroys them, because thats what needs to happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats the best part, they're exposing just how corrupt they are.  I think the elites over estimate how dumb the public is, and I hope it comes back and destroys them, because thats what needs to happen.

Can you imagine, it's most in the public sector, esp education who have no clue what is actually going on.  These are the idiots education our kids, think about that.  The working class is schooling them big time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Can you imagine, it's most in the public sector, esp education who have no clue what is actually going on.  These are the idiots education our kids, think about that.  The working class is schooling them big time.

I do try and see things through the eyes of someone who's been in the public sector, but I was self employed most of my life, and am pretty much still.  So its impossible.  You are too, so we think in completely different and rational terms, what is sustainable, etc., they think government is their saviour and it all flows from the ruling class.  They're a minority who's putting their interests ahead of the public most of the time.........so fuck them.   :lol: 

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I think they over estimate their strangle hold on people in the centre