Why are Americans choosing to quit their jobs in record numbers?

What do they all have in common?  They can!   Some one else is paying for them.   Covid was a God send for the lazy, stupid, and unmotivated person.  Then,  harder working people started looking around and thought to themselves….. WTF am I killing my self to support all these people who don’t want to work.  This is where we find ourselves. 

Im quitting mah “toxic job”. :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The restaurant owners using taxpayers to fund their bottom lines by using super below minimum wages, no benefit part time employees for decades? Their employees smartened up and got full time jobs with better pay and benefits.

Now who could fill those restaurant jobs?……..Mmmmmmm I wonder.

38 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Take your job and shove it!!  :lol: 

Awesome report. 

Why the fuck does people only make videos available in their own country 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The restaurant owners using taxpayers to fund their bottom lines by using super below minimum wages, no benefit part time employees for decades? Their employees smartened up and got full time jobs with better pay and benefits.

Now who could fill those restaurant jobs?……..Mmmmmmm I wonder.

Says the Guy who knows absolutely nothing about running a restaurant , never has and never will.  Fucking goof. "Super below minimum wage" :lol:You're so dumb. 

• Haha 2

The entire employment landscape is changing. Hospitality and healthcare are taking a huge hit. People are tired of being treated like shit. The entire proposition that people are staying home because of the stimulus is just another bullshit, GOP talking point. 

• Like 2

Yeah,  it is the super billionaire restaurant owners.  Jesus Christ!  

How many people here work for someone who doesn’t have to work everyday?  We have done an awesome job of vilifying the small business owner and propping up the billionaires. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yeah,  it is the super billionaire restaurant owners.  Jesus Christ!  

How many people here work for someone who doesn’t have to work everyday?  We have done an awesome job of vilifying the small business owner and propping up the billionaires. 

Exactly......My Wife was on the phone this morning fighting with CVS who owes her over $7k at this point from their ridiculous backlogged system from "covid" leaves....alot of her staff is in the same situation. 

And this douche @Mainecat is blaming restaurant owners FFS. 

i guarantee he is a terrible tipper and then leads on he wants immigrants to work those "low wage restaurant jobs"....typical Liberal racist Elite mentality . 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The entire employment landscape is changing. Hospitality and healthcare are taking a huge hit. People are tired of being treated like shit. The entire proposition that people are staying home because of the stimulus is just another bullshit, GOP talking point. 

No one has gotten more shit treatment than the health care workers. They certainly aren’t staying home because of stimulus money.  Teachers on the other hand…..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

No one has gotten more shit treatment than the health care workers. They certainly aren’t staying home because of stimulus money.  Teachers on the other hand…..

Last week half the trauma team left Thedacare. That’s a level 2 trauma unit  in eastern Wisconsin. They left to go to work at Ascension healthcare. Thedacare sued to prevent it from happening.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Says the Guy who knows absolutely nothing about running a restaurant , never has and never will.  Fucking goof. "Super below minimum wage" :lol:You're so dumb. 

Hey dumb ass look up the minimum wages for restaurant workers in NH.

Clueless dip shit

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Last week half the trauma team left Thedacare. That’s a level 2 trauma unit  in eastern Wisconsin. They left to go to work at Ascension healthcare. Thedacare sued to prevent it from happening.  

Its happening in a lot of Healthcare unfortunately.  

• Gold Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Hey dumb ass look up the minimum wages for restaurant workers in NH.

Clueless dip shit

No one’s makes that what do you think they don’t get tips? I’d be surprised if any waitress/waiter makes under the $15hr all the Dems want as a minimum wage especially in NH

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

No one’s makes that what do you think they don’t get tips? I’d be surprised if any waitress/waiter makes under the $15hr all the Dems want as a minimum wage especially in NH

He wont even answer what he tips just childish deflection......

Because he knows I am right and hes a lousey tipper yet blames the Restaurant owner...and wants immigrants to serve him food ...cant make it up. 

When we were in Nashville our waitress was telling us . She is a RN who drives 2 hrs to work weekends at the tootsie’s .  Makes way more money than working a 40hr shift as a nurse. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

He wont even answer what he tips just childish deflection......

Because he knows I am right and hes a lousey tipper yet blames the Restaurant owner...and wants immigrants to serve him food ...cant make it up. 

There are definitely bad tippers but even averaging it out the good and bad I’d bet 90% still average more than the $15hr they all cry for. I mean hell I know for our family of four I'm always tipping at least 15-20 depending on the bill and we ain’t eating for over a hour and that’s just one of the multiple tables they have going. I mean what the hell do you want to walk food to a table quarter million a year 😂.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You should start your own business and pay all your employees twice of what others are paying.  Also offer them pensions, free health care and 3 months off a year.  Also make sure that you only buy products from mom and pop shops never any major chain stores.  See how long you last.  Duh!

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

There are definitely bad tippers but even averaging it out the good and bad I’d bet 90% still average more than the $15hr they all cry for. I mean hell I know for our family of four I'm always tipping at least 15-20 depending on the bill and we ain’t eating for over a hour and that’s just one of the multiple tables they have going. I mean what the hell do you want to walk food to a table quarter million a year 😂.

You can definitely make good money waiting tables in the right restaurant. I had a buddy who use to kill it before moving on to selling Cars. 

I know people right now barely making minimum wage from Big Corporations working a lot harder. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

No surprise what so ever.  Snowball effect creating dozens of reasons. 

Boomers retiring early because their investments have done well.  Also some fear of not getting to enjoy retirement from COVID.

Women leaving the workforce to take care of their kids.  Of course nobody wants to mention all of the reasons which go beyond childcare costs.  Many families see the ridiculousness of what goes on in our school system and are choosing to be more a part of their kids education even while still sending them to school.  If one parent compensation increased enough to cover or almost cover what the other was making and paying childcare it makes sense to have someone stay at home.   

Millennials many of which won't be happy doing anything because how they've been raised.  Not the only reason but a part of it. 

Ability to work from home but not "for" someone.  Self employed or contracted work which shows as someone leaving a job but they are still working. 

Also with any age group better offers from other employers. 

We've lost nobody to date nor had anyone come in asking for us to match a better offer.   Without question there are tens of millions of people unhappy with what they do rather because of compensation or just don't like it.   No better time in our history to find new work. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 4