IMPORTANT RECALL!!!

Liggett

https://www.polaris.com/en-us/off-road-recalls/

2022 MATRYX RMK, INDY, SWITCHBACK, VOYAGEUR, and NORDIC PRO Owners/Riders: Polaris has determined that the throttle release switch (TRS) on some models can fail to disengage when the throttle lever is released, undetected by the operator. If a stuck throttle condition occurs and the TRS fails to disengage, it can lead to loss of vehicle control, posing a crash hazard and risk of serious injury. In addition, the throttle cable in some Model Year 2022 MATRYX RMK units may have been kinked during installation, which can lead to damage of the throttle cable during operation and impairment of the throttle function, posing a crash hazard and risk of serious injury. Polaris has notified the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and we ask impacted owners and riders to STOP RIDING until your unit is repaired. Click the link to determine if your VIN is affected and to learn more.

https://www.polaris.com/en-us/off-road-recalls/

• Like 1

BUT WAIT! There's more!

Breaking: If your sled serial # isn't on the recall list, it's not one affected. Later builds (Dec-Jan) seem mostly OK. But even if it is on the list, apparently today it became known to dealers that this is a simple 5 min. repair with no parts needed.

However, there IS an issue with some 650 and 850 MY 2022 sleds that can cause an issue and the parts are NOT available to fix it.

Some sleds have a mis-attatched lower radiator hose that can get a hole worn thru it in short mileage. The exhaust can needs to be removed to gain access to even see if yours is one of them. The bracket that holds the electric starter (if you don't have one, you're GTG) has a protruding bracket on itself that sticks out and can contact the coolant hose wearing a hole thru. You MUST check it. Polaris has not acknowledged this issue as yet.

Please check under HCS under Matrix for the posts on the coolant hose. It's much more detailed than I can possibly go into.

There is also mention of it on FB.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:33 AM, Bontz said:

If I had my sled, and have been riding ... I'd keep riding.  God knows how long it will take Polaris to come out with a fix, if it requires any sort of new component.  

The one I’m riding with this weekend is well, riding. :thumb:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Liggett said:

BUT WAIT! There's more!

Breaking: If your sled serial # isn't on the recall list, it's not one affected. Later builds (Dec-Jan) seem mostly OK. But even if it is on the list, apparently today it became known to dealers that this is a simple 5 min. repair with no parts needed.

However, there IS an issue with some 650 and 850 MY 2022 sleds that can cause an issue and the parts are NOT available to fix it.

Some sleds have a mis-attatched lower radiator hose that can get a hole worn thru it in short mileage. The exhaust can needs to be removed to gain access to even see if yours is one of them. The bracket that holds the electric starter (if you don't have one, you're GTG) has a protruding bracket on itself that sticks out and can contact the coolant hose wearing a hole thru. You MUST check it. Polaris has not acknowledged this issue as yet.

Please check under HCS under Matrix for the posts on the coolant hose. It's much more detailed than I can possibly go into.

There is also mention of it on FB.

@Ziemann same hose as yours that failed OTB, or a different one?

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Ziemann same hose as yours that failed OTB, or a different one?

Nope- same hose. This is a wide spread problem. There are lots of pics out there of worn through lower coolant hoses that puke due to wear. 

The good news? I am at 600 miles, and the last 400 have been problem free.....  LOLOLOL.....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We got same emails for the wife's 650 VR1. Good news is the throttle stop switch was fine and I am sure our coolant hose wont be an issue either. I didnt take it back to the dealer for the hose but did talk to them about it. They showed me where the issue was on a sled they had in the shop. When I got home I pulled the can off the sled and checked. I couldnt see if the marks on the hoses lined up or not but there is a good bit of room between the hose and the starter bracket so I think we are good to go. I did buy and brass coupler and 2 hose clamps so that if t does wear through I will just cut the hose and splice it. Add antifreeze and we will be good to go. Build date on the sled is 09/08/2021. Didnt get the sled till January 2022!!! Would like an explanation on that bit of info!!