what happened to the Packers?

ckf

7 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Cannot believe the Bills lost that one with the lead and only 13 seconds left.  Defense still wins games and shootouts always go to the last team holding the ball.

Crazy game for sure.

13 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I don’t blame Rodgers they were pretty vanilla on offense. San Fran has a good defense 

What's really sad is that leading up to the game everybody was concerned about our run defense and the defense was the only phase that showed up for the Packers. I don't mind losing a clean, hard fought game but the Packers literally gave that game to the niners and those type of games hurt the worst.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I don’t blame Rodgers they were pretty vanilla on offense. San Fran has a good defense 

Agree on San Fran having a good defense ... but if Rodgers is so good (and I think he is, I'm a Packer fan!! LOL) he should have been able to figure something out and get more points on the board.  His passes were off, and he even admitted he should have taken a few more shots but didn't.  In the end though, I'm not surprised one bit that GB lost.

26 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Agree on San Fran having a good defense ... but if Rodgers is so good (and I think he is, I'm a Packer fan!! LOL) he should have been able to figure something out and get more points on the board.  His passes were off, and he even admitted he should have taken a few more shots but didn't.  In the end though, I'm not surprised one bit that GB lost.

Exactly.  Rodgers admitted he did not play as well as he should have but in the end if you take away any of the special teams fuck ups Green Bay still wins even with his less than stellar performance. 

Just look at SF's field position every time they started a drive.  If the defense had not been playing as well as they did SF likely puts up at least 3 touchdowns.  When you have a absolutely embarrassing loss like that one there is plenty of blame to go around but in the end special teams really fucked the pooch and because there have been issues there all season most of that can go directly to the coaches for not fixing that shit before the post season starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Cannot believe the Bills lost that one with the lead and only 13 seconds left.  Defense still wins games and shootouts always go to the last team holding the ball.

13 freaking seconds .. I felt terrible for the Bills, and in particular Josh Allen.  I wish they would've received the ball to start OT instead of the Chiefs ... both defenses had to be gassed at that point.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Bontz said:

13 freaking seconds .. I felt terrible for the Bills, and in particular Josh Allen.  I wish they would've received the ball to start OT instead of the Chiefs ... both defenses had to be gassed at that point.

There had been some dud's in the playoffs but this weekends game made up for it.   Holy shit was that fun to watch.   NFL needs to re-examine the OT especially in the playoffs.   That's simply too much of an advantage based off a coin toss. 

• Like 2

Sorry, but the NFL needs fans.  And if you watched the games, they seemed to result in a tie with seconds left.  And many were caused by calls from the refs that made those games CLOSER than what they actually were.  I happen to believe the fix was in.  Now, with the current teams, there will be at least one CALIFORNIA team in the superbowl, which happens to be hosted in CALIFORNIA this year.  Sure, all just a coincidence, right? 

BTW, due to COVID, can NFL Teams in California even have fans at the games? 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Rodgers is a regular season superstar and he can’t beat The Niners...nobody should be surprised they lost. 

I don't mind when they lose when the other team is better but this one stings because the Packers simply beat themselves   #specialteamssucked#

• Like 1