what happened to the Packers?

ckf

35 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Same here. :dunno:

I just watched a highlight reel on YouTube. It looks like the 49ers special teams won the game. They blocked a FG attempt and then the punt near the Packers end zone that resulted in their only TD.

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just watched a highlight reel on YouTube. It looks like the 49ers special teams won the game. They blocked a FG attempt and then the punt near the Packers end zone that resulted in their only TD.

I've been trying to kick a head cold so I called it quits at halftime. Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I feel asleep watching the game and woke up to see that the 49ers won. Not what I was expecting.

I did the same, GB seemed to be rolling so shut it off went to bed, wake up this morning to a 9'rs win..

• Like 1

Packers fan here ... although I'm not one of THOSE Packer fans (the homer type).  The end results, with the Packers losing, isn't a complete surprise .. although I would have expected the loss to be more of a result of a shitty defense (and that wasn't the case).  Special teams play cost them, ultimately, and that's been an issue for them all season long.  Mr. MVP ... love him or hate him ... sure laid a big fat egg, and I'll put just as much blame on him as I would the special teams.  One thing's for certain, Lambeau field has turned into homefield advantage for opponents over the course of the past 20 years.

Give credit where credit is due, San Francisco showed up to play & won with freaking Jimmy Garoppolo :lol:

Not that I care who does what at this point, I will say that I would enjoy seeing a Rams vs. Cincy superbowl

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Packers fan here ... although I'm not one of THOSE Packer fans (the homer type).  The end results, with the Packers losing, isn't a complete surprise .. although I would have expected the loss to be more of a result of a shitty defense (and that wasn't the case).  Special teams play cost them, ultimately, and that's been an issue for them all season long.  Mr. MVP ... love him or hate him ... sure laid a big fat egg, and I'll put just as much blame on him as I would the special teams.  One thing's for certain, Lambeau field has turned into homefield advantage for opponents over the course of the past 20 years.

Give credit where credit is due, San Francisco showed up to play & won with freaking Jimmy Garoppolo :lol:

Not that I care who does what at this point, I will say that I would enjoy seeing a Rams vs. Cincy superbowl

Go Tom Brady, I always cheer for the old guys. Yep Mr. MVP laid a big fat one

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Great defensive game, and God awful special teams play by GB

Ah I'd call it boring as hell, fell asleep as well

The NFC North is a garbage division, which helps the Packers gain ... pretty much ... around 5 extra wins every year.  Now that Rodgers will likely leave, the division becomes ever more laughable and probably the worst in the league (if not already).  After 30 years of continued success and HOF quarterbacks, the Packers are destined for some struggling years ahead, unless Jordan Love improves A LOT.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

The NFC North is a garbage division, which helps the Packers gain ... pretty much ... around 5 extra wins every year.  Now that Rodgers will likely leave, the division becomes ever more laughable and probably the worst in the league (if not already).  After 30 years of continued success and HOF quarterbacks, the Packers are destined for some struggling years ahead, unless Jordan Love improves A LOT.

Rumor has it Aaron will be a Pittsburgh Steeler next year............ rofl.png.03636199ad63e27c311bd947948a93cb.png

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

WOW…. Brady always puts his team in a position to win…..always.

Yes he did. I think he is done. He accomplished what he set out to do, he won a SB without Bill. Plus the BUCS did the same thing that Pats did before Brady left, they used all of their cap money and have nothing for next year.

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I don't think anyone expected the ending of that game, the way it happened after the Bucs tied it up.  "Wow!" is right!!

It was a great game!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

WOW…. Brady always puts his team in a position to win…..always.

I'm not a Brady fan, but I respect the shit outta the guy.  He definitely put them in a position to win & I was having flashbacks to that 28-3 game from a few years back.  Me thinks Mr. Bowles made a HUGE MISTAKE in putting 1x1 coverage on Kupp for that last big completion.  Ooopss!!!

On a side note, I was looking at the four Vegas lines prior to the NFL games starting yesterday and was thinking to myself, "If there were ever a weekend to put a bet on all four visiting teams, this is the week to do it!"  I wish I had the balls to place a meaningful bet!!  Of course, if I had done that, all of the home teams would have likely won up to this point :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

I don’t blame Rodgers they were pretty vanilla on offense. San Fran has a good defense 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm not a Brady fan, but I respect the shit outta the guy.  He definitely put them in a position to win & I was having flashbacks to that 28-3 game from a few years back.  Me thinks Mr. Bowles made a HUGE MISTAKE in putting 1x1 coverage on Kupp for that last big completion.  Ooopss!!!

On a side note, I was looking at the four Vegas lines prior to the NFL games starting yesterday and was thinking to myself, "If there were ever a weekend to put a bet on all four visiting teams, this is the week to do it!"  I wish I had the balls to place a meaningful bet!!  Of course, if I had done that, all of the home teams would have likely won up to this point :lol:

I didnt bet any and all that I would have picked lost.

• Like 1