central ny

sleepybrew

tried to ride from richfield to cortland and it was too thin. eventually hit a closed gate. some spots were deep but others (f'ing corn fields) were beat. i questioned if they should really be open. richfield easy however was insane. hats off to the clubs out that way. they do what they can. think twice about riding out that way

Edited by sleepybrew
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 12:30 PM, sleepybrew said:

tried to ride from richfield to cortland and it was too thin. eventually hit a closed gate. some spots were deep but others (f'ing corn fields) were beat. i questioned if they should really be open. richfield easy however was insane. hats off to the clubs out that way. they do what they can. think twice about riding out that way

That’s a nice ride when there’s snow. We went down there quite a bit last year from the local trails (gfs president of westmoreland club). I’m sure you’ve experienced it but the pipeline going towards cazenovia is a blast when it gets drifted over.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

That’s a nice ride when there’s snow. We went down there quite a bit last year from the local trails (gfs president of westmoreland club). I’m sure you’ve experienced it but the pipeline going towards cazenovia is a blast when it gets drifted over.

we love the pipeline. we rode out there a lot too. it's the shortest drive for me to go there. i park in richfield springs and go west. exploring as much as possible, went to deruyter last year and up through mystic mountain to caz and back. that hill on mystic is crazy steep. looking to explore some more too. that's how we find the good and the bad. i have friends who go nowhere, then ask me how the hell i found a particular area. well it's not from riding in circles i can tell you that. i am approaching 50000 miles of riding in ny state and have seen a lot of it. we really love tug hill , especially midweek. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 3:27 PM, sleepybrew said:

we love the pipeline. we rode out there a lot too. it's the shortest drive for me to go there. i park in richfield springs and go west. exploring as much as possible, went to deruyter last year and up through mystic mountain to caz and back. that hill on mystic is crazy steep. looking to explore some more too. that's how we find the good and the bad. i have friends who go nowhere, then ask me how the hell i found a particular area. well it's not from riding in circles i can tell you that. i am approaching 50000 miles of riding in ny state and have seen a lot of it. we really love tug hill , especially midweek. 

There has had to have been some bad wrecks on the hill. It’s signed pretty well but almost still not enough for the urgency of how steep that thing is. If you ever need someone to go on a midweek ride let me know. I might sneak out and do a hundred or so miles from the house in the morning before my first job.