Build a wall on Canadian border?

Every once in a while Border Patrol catches a few trying to sneak through here. The library in Derby is right on the border and they just put some big rocks or cement barriers on the lawn last summer after a SUV entered the US across the lawn. 

3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Emerson can be pretty miserable in the winter. Not sure wth they were thinking

-35 with howling wind is a bastard. You’d have to be in full snowmobile gear including the helmet to endure that for a while. Never mind trudging through snow. Basically impossible 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ACE said:

-35 with howling wind is a bastard. You’d have to be in full snowmobile gear including the helmet to endure that for a while. Never mind trudging through snow. Basically impossible 

Crazy they even tried in the middle of winter you gotta be real desperate to even consider doing that. It said the other part of the group found was wandering around for 11hrs trying to find the pick up location.

18 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Crazy they even tried in the middle of winter you gotta be real desperate to even consider doing that. It said the other part of the group found was wandering around for 11hrs trying to find the pick up location.

Well there’s weather you can do it in, but don’t do it in that weather.  I don’t blame them at all for wanting to get the fuck out of here but good lord that was a death sentence 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Well there’s weather you can do it in, but don’t do it in that weather.  I don’t blame them at all for wanting to get the fuck out of here but good lord that was a death sentence 

Is that when you came?

They going to build a wall down the middle of Rainy Lake?? I could hit a golf ball from Canada to the US across Rainy River,,,heck I snuck into the US many times back in the day on sleds to Crane Lake.

22 hours ago, ckf said:

Every once in a while Border Patrol catches a few trying to sneak through here. The library in Derby is right on the border and they just put some big rocks or cement barriers on the lawn last summer after a SUV entered the US across the lawn. 

concrete:pan:

• Haha 1

Just now, ckf said:

No clue. I just know that cement is used by brick layers and is also used with aggregate to make concrete.

Folks call it Tar or Blacktop, common name is Asphaltic Material which is also correct.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ckf said:

No clue. I just know that cement is used by brick layers and is also used with aggregate to make concrete.

Actually cement is mixed with sand and lime to make morter. That is what bricklayers use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Actually cement is mixed with sand and lime to make morter. That is what bricklayers use.

I even fucked that up And I have heard the correct terms over the years from my buddy that is a contractor. I've even worked with him using both. I just mixed the bags that he told me to:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1