Lynx RAVE vs Polaris XCR

Not really anything shocking there, from what I could tell.  The Lynx has always been promoted as the more super aggressive, "bottomless suspension" ditch banger.  I was surprised he gave the nod to the Polaris engine (smoother), but other than that it wasn't super surprising as to how he reviewed the 2 sleds.  I honestly would have been more interested in a 3-way comparison between the Cat RR, XCR, and XPS as those 3 models are in direct comparison (the Lynx is just a more aggressive version of all 3).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Not really anything shocking there, from what I could tell.  The Lynx has always been promoted as the more super aggressive, "bottomless suspension" ditch banger.  I was surprised he gave the nod to the Polaris engine (smoother), but other than that it wasn't super surprising as to how he reviewed the 2 sleds.  I honestly would have been more interested in a 3-way comparison between the Cat RR, XCR, and XPS as those 3 models are in direct comparison (the Lynx is just a more aggressive version of all 3).

IDK honestly if the RR fits in the harder core category any longer as according to people I know and trust have stated that it's been watered down to the extent it's basically a racers 'decal' sled.  

A better comparison aside from the engine might be the RXC but the Lester's didn't ask @Zambroski or @fortune46x to join them.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

As usual, Snowtrax avoids picking a side.

Just how hard does a rider have to push a sled to out-ride an XCR?  Or, an RR for that matter?  Those sleds beg to be flogged.

:lol:

One of the reasons I was glad to leave my Doo.

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK honestly if the RR fits in the harder core category any longer as according to people I know and trust have stated that it's been watered down to the extent it's basically a racers 'decal' sled.  

A better comparison aside from the engine might be the RXC but the Lester's didn't ask @Zambroski or @fortune46x to join them.

They all get watered down and that is the fault of the consumer.  Everybody wants the “Race Replicas” until they get them and done want to learn how to adjust the suspensions and start whining.  Really, all they want are the graphics.  I’ve always said the closest “race replica” you’ll find to a race sled happens in the first couple of years of production, after that, they start to make the turn toward what consumers want.

• Thanks 1

….case in point on my last post: remember when Doo and Poo came out with their original “Replica Racers” with many interchangeable parts with the actual race sleds?  One year runs.

Everybody wants a race sled until they ride one then, they just want the graphics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now, that’s not to say that the RR’s don’t have the best shocks in the biz…they do!

Also, I don’t like the 3 way adjustable on the Fox’s.  7 way would have been even better or, LEAVE THE FUCKING THINGS THE WAY THEY WERE!!!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

….case in point on my last post: remember when Doo and Poo came out with their original “Replica Racers” with many interchangeable parts with the actual race sleds?  One year runs.

Everybody wants a race sled until they ride one then, they just want the graphics.

just like every one wants low windshields then complains how cold their sled is. 

Cool in the shop... Colder on the trail. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

just like every one wants low windshields then complains how cold their sled is. 

Form divided by function X the Kewl factor.  Total factored into a curve.  :lmao:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

Screenshot_20211215-155211.png.945f5c635e31c91e2d2154a1344e6d97.png

Then proceeds to create eight threads asking about which $200 Mickey Mouse ears to put on, instead of a $125 windshield.  Dummies.

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Screenshot_20211215-155211.png.945f5c635e31c91e2d2154a1344e6d97.png

Then proceeds to create eight threads asking about which $200 Mickey Mouse ears to put on, instead of a $125 windshield.  Dummies.

What, this isn't a good look?

Best Snowmobile Handlebar Gauntlets (Mitts)

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Looks great 👍

Totally worthless for cold weather riding.

Funny, the Lynx has no windshield, but the XCR does?

Because the XCR is for pussies
softer, windshield...smoother power delivery (their way of saying slower I bet)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

Because the XCR is for pussies
softer, windshield...smoother power delivery (their way of saying slower I bet)

And precisely what does that make a modern Cat RR rider?

I have time :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

And precisely what does that make a modern Cat RR rider?

I have time :lol:

a stupid pussy... at least the XCR always sucked... and used ones are more than likely ready to explode.
Cat dude should have bought a 17 for half the price 

I discovered - this summer - that there was a Minnesota demo for Lynx snowmobiles last year.  I whine about not being able to try out sleds and then let opportunities like that slip through my fingers.  I can be such a #DUMBASS sometimes.   Anyway, is there any reason to believe they'd do something like that again this year?  I have no interest in buying a red Ski Doo, but I'd definitely like to ride one.

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I can't comment , my sled still has no miles on it. maybe tonight... err.. tomorrow ... errr .. fawk. 

Well. If it makes you feel any better, my run time vs average speed has to be crap.  Lotsa “bobbers” out there on the trails.  So far, very unfun.  Great snowfall brings out everyone and their families to the trails.  Good and bad I guess.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I bought some Rox Stealth to go with on my ride….still haven’t put them on yet to compliment my micro-shield.  :lmao:

Yes, but you ain't right in da head

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I can't comment , my sled still has no miles on it. maybe tonight... err.. tomorrow ... errr .. fawk. 

You have an open invitation and as long as we're riding and not loafing the wife won't hand you a mop, vacuum cleaner or toilet brush. 

The RR has been watered down over the years, not as bad as the XRS, but it doesn't have the longer A-arms, or 129 skid with beefed up components.

RR, and RXC use the same part number mid shocks....

10 hours ago, krom said:

The RR has been watered down over the years, not as bad as the XRS, but it doesn't have the longer A-arms, or 129 skid with beefed up components.

RR, and RXC use the same part number mid shocks....

I believe if they offered an RXC 800 without estart (lol) but with the same exact components as the cross country race sled, it would sell and be profitable.  

'Racer Replica'...  :thumbdown2:

• Like 1