High school lunch photo shared by NY dad has parents concerned

29 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yep.  Super conservative where I am.  Surround by 3+ million dollar houses.  School administration is way left.

Westonka has about 2250 students . Kevin borg the superintendent is getting just under 100bucks per pupel a yr for his compensation package .and that is on par for most superintendent positions in our aria public schools . What a fucking joke . I just can not understand how we can live in such a conservative part of town and not 1 conservative person is ever elected to any of the local school boards . It is amazing . West Tonka is supposedly paying 22k per student . Really where is it going? No new buildings no new wings no fancy stadiums . Lots if nice cars in the teachers lots in fact I see my neighbor just got a new platinum f150 and he is a fucking gym teacher 😳.  

So we can see why they fight so hard to prevent vouchers 22k vouter in hand .

Would you send your kids to west Tonka or kick out the extra 10k on top of your voucher and send them to Breck or toss 5 k down on top of it and send em to Blake . Or send em to providence academy and donate your remaining 3k to a kid who's vouture may not be as much as yours .

What kids do you think will get a better start in life .

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You're Spicoli .... 100%   Well, minus the surfer stuff.  I can just picture you on the trail, as a kid ... "My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools.  I can fix it!!!" :lol:

:lol: I had the mullet and the tools my Dad left me!!!! Fuck how did I not see it :lol:

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

When I was in school they had full kitchens and a staff that actually cooked meals every day.

But yeah conservatives want to save money so let’s contract that out to Corporate food service and watch the food quality drop. What you see is in the photos is the result of those moves.

The feed your own kids mentality…..now where have I read that?

Its bullshit 

The public screwl system should get out of the food business and concentrate on education. Feeding your owns kids is not bullshit you lying piece of trash, it's reality. The parents should be responsible for feeding their own kids you stupid moron.

My dad used to comment about all the poor beaner kids who qualify for free food programs while their parents drop them off at school with 2 - 3 thousand dollars worth of bling wheels on their vehicles.

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

2nd lunch period was great because it was basically all you could eat so they didn't have to throw anything out.

Oh, we had three at one point.  Shorter times but if you got into the third on pizza day…JACKPOT!

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The public screwl system should get out of the food business and concentrate on education. Feeding your owns kids is not bullshit you lying piece of trash, it's reality. The parents should be responsible for feeding their own kids you stupid moron.

My dad used to comment about all the poor beaner kids who qualify for free food programs while their parents drop them off at school with 2 - 3 thousand dollars worth of bling wheels on their vehicles.

Pretty much nailed it.  Maybe our education system should strive for getting into the top ten in math and science scores in the world.  Or, is top 30 good enough as long as we are indoctrinating community activists and SJW’s?  Yeah, much easier to do that.

Tenure needs to end and so does the teachers union.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol want some spicoli action this is me at my wedding think I am 29 I trimmed the hair for the event

20220119_210131.jpg

Quality!  :bc:

Man, all I see is epic mullet!  I had mine permed at one time!  LOL….ahhh…the 80’s. How gross.  :lol:

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I saw it all the time.  In my previous life, I supplied alot of bakery to major school systems.  Breakfast waiting for them at school.  So many people just scamming the system.  Then Michelle Obamas whole grain bullshit, which made the lunches almost unedible, AND more expensive.  Kids hate(d) it.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Quality!  :bc:

Man, all I see is epic mullet!  I had mine permed at one time!  LOL….ahhh…the 80’s. How gross.  :lol:

I had a sweet designer style mullet in the 80’s . Good old aqua net!  Like spraying 3m trim adhesive on your head. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

I had a sweet designer style mullet in the 80’s . Good old aqua net!  Like spraying 3m trim adhesive on your head. :lol: 

We would have been friends and shared hair care tips.  Did you also own a big fake gold necklace?  Mine turned my neck green.  What color did yours turn your neck?

1980s | GIF | PrimoGIF

• Platinum Contributing Member

So I showed my kids the picture of that lunch..they laughed, said their school lunches are actually pretty good. Their big problem with school lunches is they only get 20min to eat lunch and that's why they bring their own. After they wait in line for a school lunch they are lucky if they have 5 minutes to eat. My son said he's going to send me a pic of one of the school lunches today

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We would have been friends and shared hair care tips.  Did you also own a big fake gold necklace?  Mine turned my neck green.  What color did yours turn your neck?

1980s | GIF | PrimoGIF

How funny!   Looked cool with the tongue hanging out of your high top shoes . 

14 hours ago, Cold War said:

I never ate lunch at school once I was in HS . We snuck out every day to blaze and ate where ever.  In middle school,  ate a slice of pizza and fries . It was actually pretty tasty. 

drinking age was 18 when I was in school and we would go to the local watering hole for a beef sandwich and beer then back to class........maybe:good:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Huge night in the limo no less 

They thought they were the shit! :lol: 

wife’s hair was actually tame in that picture.  She was famous for the highest hair in HS . Her hair is still talked about to this day, when we run into people we went to school with. 

21 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

drinking age was 18 when I was in school and we would go to the local watering hole for a beef sandwich and beer then back to class........maybe:good:

Win!  

34 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

It was 19 when I was in Hs then they changed it to 21 I missed the cut off by 5 mo . But they really did not card any one that hard and the bars I had been going to all knew me at that point any way . But still sucked 

There was that kid who ate a free lunch WHOS dad picked him up in a Vette……yeah he was rich beyond belief.

lol

And there was that one mom using WIC who had a diamond ring on her finger…imagine that. 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

It was 19 when I was in Hs then they changed it to 21 I missed the cut off by 5 mo . But they really did not card any one that hard and the bars I had been going to all knew me at that point any way . But still sucked 

I made it through all the age changes:burp:

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Going through some old pictures the other night. Wife and her friend going to see Def leppard in the 80’s 

46A0A4A8-1A74-49FE-8806-F5FA457C9A03.jpeg

Stone washed jeans and an entire can of hairspray!  :lol:

:bc:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

There was that kid who ate a free lunch WHOS dad picked him up in a Vette……yeah he was rich beyond belief.

lol

And there was that one mom using WIC who had a diamond ring on her finger…imagine that. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c89cc8d992e89608810ee4ba3df75e34.jpeg