High school lunch photo shared by NY dad has parents concerned

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Yup,pile in a car,head to the bush,get stoned and hit the corner store for candy bar chips and a pop!!

Right! :lol:

I would use the dollar for lunch my parents would give me to buy a pack of Marlboro reds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Corporate food service profit plan.

Says the Guy with No fucking Kids .....

My kids pack a lunch everyday themselves.....they dont even want that Democrat lunch. 

• Gold Member

When I was in school they had full kitchens and a staff that actually cooked meals every day.

But yeah conservatives want to save money so let’s contract that out to Corporate food service and watch the food quality drop. What you see is in the photos is the result of those moves.

The feed your own kids mentality…..now where have I read that?

Its bullshit 

Again says the Boomer moron with no kids who voted Democrat his whole life .....You are so fucking retarded. Stick to what you know...being a loser cuck liberal.  Every single goddamn teacher I ever met was a liberal douchebag Democrat....when I was a kid, and today with my 3 kids....Go to Sleep Old Man. 

Edited by EvilBird

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Says the Guy with No fucking Kids .....

My kids pack a lunch everyday themselves.....they dont even want that Democrat lunch. 

:bc: 
My kids took a lunch everyday. They would never eat school lunch. 

• Gold Member

Looks like a shitty school system. We normally pack our kids lunches but they occasionally eat at school. They have a pretty decent menu for a school lunch. Here’s todays

January 19, Wednesday (Today)

1:  V- WG Macaroni and Cheese
with 
a Hot Dog
on WG Bun

2:   Pizza
on Whole Wheat Crust
(Cheese-V or Pepperoni*)

3:  Yogurt Lunch Components:
-Choose 1 Yogurt Cup: Trix, Dannon, Go Big, or Greek
Choose one Protein: Boiled Egg, Colby Jack Chesse 
Cubes, String Cheese or Cheddar Cheese Stick
-Choose Two Grains: Muffin, Crackers or Cereal
-REQUIRED Half Cup Equivalent of Fruit or Vegetable -Choice of Milk

Garden Harvest Choices:

Romaine & Spinach Tossed Salad, Grape Tomatoes & Roasted Garbanzo Beans, Eye Opening Carrots, Cool as a Cucumber, Rainbow Peppers, Fresh Broccoli Bites, Orange Smiles, Delicious Red Apple, Crispy Baby Carrots, Cooks Choice Seasonal Fresh Fruit,
Mighty Milk

17 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I never ate lunch at school once I was in HS . We snuck out every day to blaze and ate where ever.  In middle school,  ate a slice of pizza and fries . It was actually pretty tasty. 

I pretty much ate a happy meal every day for lunch every day I went to school .

One of my regular pumps at the time had a early Honda civic and every square inch of the dash and celing was covered in happy meal toys . Only fast food with in the 30 min window . 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I tried giving my kids Money for lunch and they just told me "nah Dad it sucks" ....:lmao:

My 8 year will pack last night leftovers, she did it herself this morning lmao . Plus I always keep fresh coldcuts and bread. 

• Like 2

Hell, Inised to love school lunches.  But, in HS, we skipped out frequently also.  Still, the fatty lunch was burned off with PE and after school activities.

Cant figure out why kids are so fat now….but at least they can opt out of any physical class that may cause them mental angst.

• Like 2

Schools lunches are highly regulated.  Serving size; servings of whole grains, protein, fruit, veg, etc. - minimum and maximum calories, limits on fat, salt, etc …  if a dinner roll is served it’s without butter.   If pizza is served it’s on a wheat crust.  A lot of meals look more like a snack and a bad one at that.   In theory the meals are healthier but they aren’t good or often times even appealing to eat.  The result being students throwing away more food than ever.

When I was in school they had full kitchens and a staff that actually cooked meals every day.

But yeah conservatives want to save money so let’s contract that out to Corporate food service and watch the food quality drop. What you see is in the photos is the result of those moves.

The feed your own kids mentality…..now where have I read that?

Its bullshit 

When you were in school they were growing the vegetables in the back yard.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

As Ben would say “kill yourself”

As Biden would say... 'what'?

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Schools lunches are highly regulated.  Serving size; servings of whole grains, protein, fruit, veg, etc. - minimum and maximum calories, limits on fat, salt, etc …  if a dinner roll is served it’s without butter.   If pizza is served it’s on a wheat crust.  A lot of meals look more like a snack and a bad one at that.   In theory the meals are healthier but they aren’t good or often times even appealing to eat.  The result being students throwing away more food than ever.

Let alone the price point. Government sponsored so, it’s overpriced for those that pay and free for those that do not.  About 40% are free or reduced rates not.  Kinda like taxes.  Those that can…get raped.  Those that can’t get coddled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I would use the dollar for lunch my parents would give me to buy a pack of Marlboro reds. 

1 year we had Auto shop after lunch ,and our dealer was the auto teachers son streetname "Crispy" lol. One day he walked into shop class to grab his dads truck,pointed at a few of us and said "drop over later dudes" ,,,he was exactly like Tommy Chong. Teacher was super cool,just laughed shook his head and said my last name a few times!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

1 year we had Auto shop after lunch ,and our dealer was the auto teachers son streetname "Crispy" lol. One day he walked into shop class to grab his dads truck,pointed at a few of us and said "drop over later dudes" ,,,he was exactly like Tommy Chong. Teacher was super cool,just laughed shook his head and said my last name a few times!!!

Auto shop was great. Our teacher was cool too. pretty  much anything went first couple years of HS and then it got a little out of hand….
We had a blast.

Sad,  local schools no longer have any shop classes. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Hell, Inised to love school lunches.  But, in HS, we skipped out frequently also.  Still, the fatty lunch was burned off with PE and after school activities.

Cant figure out why kids are so fat now….but at least they can opt out of any physical class that may cause them mental angst.

I pretty much only stayed in for the Mexican pizza shaped like a stop sign . Went well with a pre lunch  shitty Mexican brown weed  joint in the smoking lounge 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Paid for smokes ? 

Not sure I paid for many packs of smokes in HS 

Camel always had a free pack coupons in one of the magazines.  Would hit the book store at the mall page thrugh every rag till I found what rag had the free pack that mo .then take every one from every magazine in every store I was in. 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Auto shop was great. Our teacher was cool too. pretty  much anything went first couple years of HS and then it got a little out of hand….
We had a blast.

They're building a new jk-12 school here (2200 pop.) and I'm happy it will have a new woodworking/drafting shop and another automotive shop!!!!

33 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We had a blast.

We used to go outside during shop class right around the corner where nobody could see and smoke cigs when the shop teacher wasn't keeping tabs on us. :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SSFB said:

We used to go outside during shop class right around the corner where nobody could see and smoke cigs when the shop teacher wasn't keeping tabs on us. :lol:

Our shop teacher was cool with it, until the guys  who used to dip were spitting their shit in trash can. Janitor told the principal kids were using tobacco in class, teacher got bitched out and it all came to an end. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Lies . Liberals own the school boards and the school administrations.  Even in conservative arias . Nice try but completely bullshit fail . Try again 

Yep.  Super conservative where I am.  Surround by 3+ million dollar houses.  School administration is way left.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

WRONG AS ALWAYS.

Err, not sure where or how you could think that ever.

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Michele Obama SERIOUSLY fucked up school lunches.  I cook breakfast and dinner for the kids.  They get school lunch...but we have a donor who didn't like what the school was serving and nearly tripled the food budget allocation with requirements for what could be added in response to the Obama dumpster fire policy.  Makes their lunch more than respectable although I hear it got way worse under the pandemic but that is because of delivery and choice limiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

You're Spicoli .... 100%   Well, minus the surfer stuff.  I can just picture you on the trail, as a kid ... "My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools.  I can fix it!!!" :lol: