High school lunch photo shared by NY dad has parents concerned

• Platinum Contributing Member

Liberal lunch plan.  Might be a good idea for overweight kids but athletes and active kids need more calories.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:  Corporate food service profit plan.  Liberals control the purse. Open up you fucking thieves   6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:  Corporate food service profit plan.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Corporate food service profit plan.

From your link.  Whose in charge now?  

"He started complaining that lunch was ‘not enough,’" Vangellow told Fox News, adding, "one of my other kids also sent me the same picture, and I knew they had a game coming up. I was thinking, ‘If there’s kids playing basketball, this is not enough for him. I know we don’t live in a very rich area ... some kids rely on the school [for lunch].'"

Collins recently announced that he and the cafeteria manager plan on working with a group of students, parents and representatives from its wellness committee to explore how to make lunches more appetizing "while still meeting the strict USDA [U.S. Department of Agriculture] requirements of the National School Lunch Program" and without increasing costs.

Admittedly a small town kid from rural Manitoba, but our options were bring your own lunch, go home if you live close enough, or go hungry.  Pretty sure my wife who grew up in the city was the same.

• Like 1

When I was in school they had full kitchens and a staff that actually cooked meals every day.

But yeah conservatives want to save money so let’s contract that out to Corporate food service and watch the food quality drop. What you see is in the photos is the result of those moves.

The feed your own kids mentality…..now where have I read that?

Its bullshit 

All this tells me is, whatever school that is in NY is pathetically inept at providing meals for their students.  I know here in liberal MN, our school district still does a good job of putting a decent meal in front of the kids ... it's just a matter of kids being too picky to eat what's on the plate, or not.  Credit to the food service program while COVID was in place and distance learning was in full effect, families could opt in to receiving a week's worth of food supplies which included a gallon of milk, a bunch of fruit and healthy snacks, and then the various main dishes which were typically frozen (hamburgers, chicken patties, burritos, pancakes, etc).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Feed your own kids moron.

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Ain't the government's job to feed your kid. 

I've made my kids lunches every morning for well over a decade.. Sad thing is there are some real shitty parents out there who expect the school to take care of their kids.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

When I was in school they had full kitchens and a staff that actually cooked meals every day.

But yeah conservatives want to save money so let’s contract that out to Corporate food service and watch the food quality drop. What you see is in the photos is the result of those moves.

Its bullshit 

Lies . Liberals own the school boards and the school administrations.  Even in conservative arias . Nice try but completely bullshit fail . Try again 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

WRONG AS ALWAYS.

Lmfao show me 1 public school board run by conservative people.  Show me 1 public school who's administrators are conservatives.  You can't it is a fucking unicorn. 

Would you like me to drive thrugh the grade school parking lot down the street from my house and show you where the money goes ? Or better the administrative building accross from the high school so you can see who is getting the money ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Its bullshit 

when you were in school you probably had to bring a piece or two of firewood to the one room school house and you brought your own lunch:read:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:  Corporate food service profit plan.  Liberals control the purse. Open up you fucking thieves   6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:  Corporate food service profit plan.  

:lol:

He gets confused on his orders sometimes.  A lifelong Private.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never ate lunch at school once I was in HS . We snuck out every day to blaze and ate where ever.  In middle school,  ate a slice of pizza and fries . It was actually pretty tasty. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I never ate lunch at school once I was in HS . We snuck out every day to blaze and ate where ever.

Yup,pile in a car,head to the bush,get stoned and hit the corner store for candy bar chips and a pop!!