sno pro 500 primary

hayward

Bought a primary clutch for my 2011 500 (720) and part # is different.  Original part # 0746-435 and the one that showed up is #0746-254.  Guy swears his sled was a 2010 and that was the original clutch that came on that sled from new.  It was never changed.  No where in parts breakdowns can I find where this number ending 254 was ever in a 500.  They're both 8.25" x33 mm clutches, so will it work or not?

16 minutes ago, hayward said:

Bought a primary clutch for my 2011 500 (720) and part # is different.  Original part # 0746-435 and the one that showed up is #0746-254.  Guy swears his sled was a 2010 and that was the original clutch that came on that sled from new.  It was never changed.  No where in parts breakdowns can I find where this number ending 254 was ever in a 500.  They're both 8.25" x33 mm clutches, so will it work or not?

Most updated # for the 2011 Sno Pro 600 is 0746-270 (old # is 0746-254) according to the parts fiche.

Get that thing up and running yet?  Rode mine briefly on Thursday.  Had a tiny problem, my fault, sorted it and she rips.  :)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Most updated # for the 2011 Sno Pro 600 is 0746-270 (old # is 0746-254) according to the parts fiche.

Get that thing up and running yet?  Rode mine briefly on Thursday.  Had a tiny problem, my fault, sorted it and she rips.  :)

That's good to hear.  Everytime I drive past that town where the guy rebuilt that motor for ya I think of it.  Even in july when it's 90 degrees out.:lol:

2 hours ago, hayward said:

That's good to hear.  Everytime I drive past that town where the guy rebuilt that motor for ya I think of it.  Even in july when it's 90 degrees out.:lol:

It's peppy. ;)

Just got back from a quick rip after work, finally out of break in fuel/oil mix per Joe's instructions.  Had a little issue last Thursday when the ground wire connector broke off for the Boondocker when the main loom shifted.  Got it all buttoned up, ran like a champ.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

The engineer I talked to at Cat said it was pretty common to change the clutch part number.  Might be something as simple as a supplier change or some small design change.

For a replacement Team primary I bought an obsolete part number clutch from Northern Crankshaft.  It works just like the previous clutch did.

43 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The engineer I talked to at Cat said it was pretty common to change the clutch part number.  Might be something as simple as a supplier change or some small design change.

For a replacement Team primary I bought an obsolete part number clutch from Northern Crankshaft.  It works just like the previous clutch did.

Obsolete part # meaning what?  Northern build them for Team I take it?  Got a number to go on by chance?

Obsolete meaning Cat superseeded to a new part number.  Northern probably bought old or overstock items.  

0746-881, 0746-849 is what was advertised.  I believe I got 0746-881 but would have to check the box.  0746-849 is the current p/n.  I paid $370 plus tax for a brand new primary.  I couldn't rebuild mine for much less than that.  Once the rollers are shot on this one I'll invest in the tools and rebuild both.

7 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Obsolete meaning Cat superseeded to a new part number.  Northern probably bought old or overstock items.  

0746-881, 0746-849 is what was advertised.  I believe I got 0746-881 but would have to check the box.  0746-849 is the current p/n.  I paid $370 plus tax for a brand new primary.  I couldn't rebuild mine for much less than that.  Once the rollers are shot on this one I'll invest in the tools and rebuild both.

Thanks.:bc: