Damn Arctic Cat is doing all they can to overtake Polaris

Bontz

Cat has only ever had 1 injector per cylinder on their production 2 stroke engines.  The prototype 1000 and 800 they unveiled in the spring of 06 had case injectors and cylinder injectors, but that got scrapped before production, and they went to throttle body injection.

all consumer ctec 600s have 1 injector in each cylinder and slotted pistons

Snow X race sleds are pre mix to save weight, and run TBI

18, 19, and a few early build 20 ctec 800s have 1 injector in each cylinder and slotted pistons

Most 20 an all 21-22 ctec 800s have 1 injector in each cylinder, no slot in the piston

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Most.  So they all aren't the same?  That is brilliant!? 

2 hours ago, krom said:

Cat has only ever had 1 injector per cylinder on their production 2 stroke engines.  The prototype 1000 and 800 they unveiled in the spring of 06 had case injectors and cylinder injectors, but that got scrapped before production, and they went to throttle body injection.

all consumer ctec 600s have 1 injector in each cylinder and slotted pistons

Snow X race sleds are pre mix to save weight, and run TBI

18, 19, and a few early build 20 ctec 800s have 1 injector in each cylinder and slotted pistons

Most 20 an all 21-22 ctec 800s have 1 injector in each cylinder, no slot in the piston

Why do you think cat went away with the slot and to a 2 injector cfi set up. With the injectors firing  into the transfer ports only.  The slotted piston served the same function as 4 injector CFI’s There’s a hole in fuel delivery in the midrange when it’s trying to switch from transfer ports to case. 
I know what comes next “but the 600’s worked”. Yup the cfi4 600 worked too. It’s harder to get a larger CC to meet emissions. More power more gas 

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Don’t be stupid.  Technology presents itself worthy sometimes in mid year runs.

10 hours ago, Nanner said:

Why do you think cat went away with the slot and to a 2 injector cfi set up. With the injectors firing  into the transfer ports only.  The slotted piston served the same function as 4 injector CFI’s There’s a hole in fuel delivery in the midrange when it’s trying to switch from transfer ports to case. 
I know what comes next “but the 600’s worked”. Yup the cfi4 600 worked too. It’s harder to get a larger CC to meet emissions. More power more gas 

Performance/emissions.

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You still have a hard time reading?? 

The early release 2020 sleds where built late in 2018 or Jan 2019, and delivered to dealers in Feb of 2019 didn't get the regular production 2020 engines.

10 hours ago, Nanner said:

I assume you are confusing poo and cat.....

Cat never had a 4 injector setup..

Cats system never changed from the case to transfer ports

Cat never fired injectors into the transfer ports, only the boost port

The switch was made for emissions.

Edited by krom

17 minutes ago, krom said:

The early release 2020 sleds where built late in 2018 or Jan 2019, and delivered to dealers in Feb of 2019 didn't get the regular production 2020 engines.

Wasn't an emissions change.  They touted the 1st gen ctec as epa compliant.  Theres no way with All the marketing hype around the slotted piston design they engineered and supposedly perfected that they knew it was a 2 yr wonder motor and were already planning ctec 2.0 to meet emissions.  That would be terrible product planning on there part.   Ctec 2.0 is a complete reaction to 1.0s durability issues.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I am in facebook jail ... again ... maybe a burner will do it 

15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Wrong oil.  That should be clear.  Also, still 4-500 miles left on that slug!  Fucking rookie!  Sand it down grease it up and slide her back in!!!!!

Astroglide. only lube worth using. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, krom said:

Cat claiming DSI injects fuel into the crankcase and transfer ports.    Krom knows better tho...

1642599925538353500514312228946.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, krom said:

Did I say cat had a 4 injector. Your reading comprehension is at a 3rd grade level. I said cat had two injectors with the slotted piston that functioned the same as a cfi4

Last time I checked transfer port and boost ports are the same thing. Get back to moping 

Edited by Nanner

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I am in facebook jail ... again ... maybe a burner will do it 

Are you trying to set a record?

One of the ACTR mods deleted a real winner I had brewing Monday night.  my guess was sensitive Sally didn't like the fake bake facial tan picture I replied to her with.  😂

6 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I wish rick would come in here ... it would be endless entertainment

I think Phil (patriotic) would be another one ... more so in the CE forum though, given his "Just wait!" bullshit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Wasn't an emissions change.  They touted the 1st gen ctec as epa compliant.  Theres no way with All the marketing hype around the slotted piston design they engineered and supposedly perfected that they knew it was a 2 yr wonder motor and were already planning ctec 2.0 to meet emissions.  That would be terrible product planning on there part.   Ctec 2.0 is a complete reaction to 1.0s durability issues.   

Exactly.  Either a great design or not.  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Me, when Poo guys chime in to talk engine durability:

A12CB785-D0F3-4847-92FB-EBA0C4BA13DF.gif

Cat so far has been worse than Poo when it comes to their own 2 strokes.  As for the zuke, that was a different story and makes all the other 2 stroke reliability laughable albeit unfair since they weren't epa compliant.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Are you trying to set a record?

One of the ACTR mods deleted a real winner I had brewing Monday night.  my guess was sensitive Sally didn't like the fake bake facial tan picture I replied to her with.  😂

all I said was Nate should beat lebels machanic and boom destination fucked. 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I think Phil (patriotic) would be another one ... more so in the CE forum though, given his "Just wait!" bullshit.

F7

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Oh my gosh some tard on Facebook scuffed a piston let's talk about it.

We're not talking about it ... we're LAUGHING about it.  C'mon man, get with the program!! :lol2:

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Cat so far has been worse than Poo when it comes to their own 2 strokes.  As for the zuke, that was a different story and makes all the other 2 stroke reliability laughable albeit unfair since they weren't epa compliant.

:bong:

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Dude!  :lol:

Thats good stuff.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Cat claiming DSI injects fuel into the crankcase and transfer ports.    Krom knows better tho...

1642599925538353500514312228946.jpg

Since you have no idea, and aren't smart enough to figure out what is actually happening, you've mis read what some marketing jack off wrote..

DSI injector is mounted above the boost port, in the cylinder wall.

Fuel is injected on top of the piston into the combustion chamber, at all times.

As demand for fuel increases the injector sprays for a longer time, the piston goes up, the fuel goes through the slot into the crank case.

fuel/air mixture in the crankcase is pushed up through the transfer ports into the combustion chamber, when the piston travels down, just like any other tbi/carb 2 stroke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You must be higher than giraffe pussy....

The CFI 900, CFI 755 where such steaming piles of garbage, even the morons on poo killed them after 2 years.

how many revisions and injector changes to the 600? cfi2 cfi4 cfi2+2.....

How many revisions to the 800??  hell the first year didn't hit the snow till late Jan, poo had 3 or 4 top end redesigns, and recalls, till they got to the point that the "new and improved" top ends wouldn't bolt on the older cases, but that didn't stop them from blowing up, or making more changes every year..
There are guys, and companies who have gotten rich from doing nothing other than selling parts, and fixes for that pile of shit.

The forums and facebook are still full of blown up 840's, no starts, and fouled plugs... poo claimed to have the crank problems fixed for 21, then released the 22s with all new crank problems

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

You must be higher than giraffe pussy....

The CFI 900, CFI 755 where such steaming piles of garbage, even the morons on poo killed them after 2 years.

how many revisions and injector changes to the 600? cfi2 cfi4 cfi2+2.....

How many revisions to the 800??  hell the first year didn't hit the snow till late Jan, poo had 3 or 4 top end redesigns, and recalls, till they got to the point that the "new and improved" top ends wouldn't bolt on the older cases, but that didn't stop them from blowing up, or making more changes every year..
There are guys, and companies who have gotten rich from doing nothing other than selling parts, and fixes for that pile of shit.

The forums and facebook are still full of blown up 840's, no starts, and fouled plugs... poo claimed to have the crank problems fixed for 21, then released the 22s with all new crank problems

The janitor has fully arrived 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1