Electric sleds

What do you guys think of them?

I think they will be accepted out west in the mountains first due to the limited range. To be a trail sled, I think it would have to be an extra sled of yours until they figure out charging and battery options.

I think they will be perfect as a utility sled or for ice fishing.

How long have we heard of them impending electric snowmobiles?  5 years?  10 years?  They went on and on about them during the last snox race talk about electric being the future.  Just have one look at Formula E.  Huge market of Formula 1 fans yet there isn't much interest in Formula E that I hear of.

Electric sleds will one day be here I'm sure.  Their applications will be limited to places like ski hills, ice fishing, rentals, etc.  Cold weather, high rolling resistance, driveline inefficiencies, and weight limitations are going to make electric snowmobiles challenging.

I think once battery and charging tech improves we will see more electric recreational vehicles.

First thing I would do is install a stereo and feed 2 stroke race can tones through it. Gotta get that braap!

Electric car - human salvation or a credible environmental creator?
After reading Bengt Karlsson's article in ÅBO Stories, I now fully understand what irreparable damage the production of electric car batteries causes both nature and people and especially children.
"A car battery for the electric car weighs about 500 kg, the volume is the size of a suitcase. It contains 12 kg lithium, 30 kg nickel, 20 kg manganese, 15 kg cobalt, 100 kg copper, 200 kg aluminum (production is extremely electrically closed), steel and plastic. There are 6,831 lithium cells inside.
It should be worrying that all these toxic components come from mining. To make a car battery you need to process 10 tons of salt to produce lithium, 15 tons of oalm for the cobalt, 2 tons of oalm to nickel and 12 tons of oalm copper. In total, 200 tons of soil is dug up into a single battery.
Diseases and child labor are found behind 68% of the world's cobalt, and a significant portion of a battery comes from Congo. Their mines have no pollution control and they employ children dying from handling this toxic material. Should we count all these sick children as part of the costs of an electric car? "
How can one in a good conscience claim that this is better for the environment than fossil-powered cars? Has anyone ever calculated an electric car vs a fossil powered car? It should be almost childish easy to make an almost correct assessment.
Some research/evaluation we never get to see. The electric car is as good as the giant flop wind force, irresistible. Not as a function, but as a political bat. It works because lack of investigation results in politics always winning. Not because you are right, but because it is opportunistic and that it follows the narrative.
Picture: Electric car on fire at the charging station, Norway

· 
See original
  · 
Rate this translation
May be an image of outdoors

On 1/17/2022 at 12:34 PM, Nanner said:

Snowmobiles are the last great stand for 2 strokes. Soon as they are gone, so am I.         
I think 4 strokes sleds are gay. Don’t get me started on electric. 

WORD

FB_IMG_1641854302975.jpg

• Haha 1

I personally don't really care about the environmental impact. For those that think going electric will be greener are fooling themselves.

I think electric motors are superior in almost every way to our current engines. The only downside is the battery and charging. Batteries will get better and at some point. I would imagine horse users said where will they get gas and what if I run out for the first cars. This isn't a new issue for charging, it's just slightly different.

More power and the ability to extremely fine tune the power is huge to me. Just think of the ability to get rid of these clutches. You can tune your sled and multiple maps, or even AI that automatically adjusts to the current terrain or altitude. Maybe even a wheelie setting for the Facebookers.

Far less trail closures due to less noise.

Easier for rookies to get into the sport with the reduced maintenance. Less parts to break.

Don't need to worry about how to use a gas can or how to fill it up. I hear thats a big issue for some of us.

Possible autopilot for Backcountry skiers/snowboarders with a follow me mode.

Limit the what type of oil should I use question.

The only actually legit big downside I see to electric snowmobiles is when the government starts forcing them down our throats.

I tried to buy a tiga yesterday but could not find anyone that actually sells them. So I got an arctic cat lynx since everyone is talking about the lynx snowmobile. It’s really no different than a 13 year old cat Barney mobile. 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:34 PM, Nanner said:

Snowmobiles are the last great stand for 2 strokes. Soon as they are gone, so am I.         
I think 4 strokes sleds are gay. Don’t get me started on electric. 

Modern two strokes are so feminized there's really nothing cool about them.