Brisk Pace- first ride of the year Feb 5, 2022

D-rail

Cut and pasted from HCS. In order to include any who might not be on there any more, feel free to join us!!

Who woulda thought.. Yes, In an effort to keep up with the traditional crew, and maybe have other guys/gals (what.. ? We have gals who ride these..?) join in the frivolities. Here's the particulars, in no particular order. Silver Bay lot, about 5/8 of a mile past the only stop sign along the main drag coming offa highway 61 (stoplights by the Cliffs Taconite plant).

9 am start. That means full tanks, and if you show up at five after, you are playing catch up. Be early enough to be ready to go, and meet your fellow Hardcoresledders.

This ride is best attended by those who are experienced riders. We aren't necessarily fast, but we travel at a Brisk Pace. if you cannot keep up, stay towards the back of the pack, and we will let you catch up. DO NOT ride over your skill level, PLEASE! We have had incidents in the past, so mind your manners, (I can hear it now- what fun is that!) leave room so visibility is clear. You MIGHT get a whiff of pines as we traverse the trails. Not for certain, though.

This first ride is often during the first weekend in February, We will have other rides to attend, if this doesn't fit your schedule. X2700 said he got rooms at the Mariner, they are open, but no telling if they will actually answer the phone. My understanding is the angry Russian left for the Happy Hunting Grounds and like many places, good help is hard to find. Rooms are getting difficult to come by, with the seasonal activities.

I'm pretty sure we will go to Grand Marais this round. Have lunch at My Sister's Place, and return. Fuel stops as needed will be available. Buying fuel on the trail is like $5/gallon, so into town we will go for fuel up north. Lutsen was $3.79 for premium today.

Nutshell:

Silver Bay first lot
9 am lift off.
Saturday Feb. 5th

As always, the disclaimer... this is an unofficial official Brisk Pace ride, not endorsed or supported by Hardcoresledder or its affiliates. You are responsible for your own actions...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

In case anybody is running a little late..call or text me and let me know if we need to wait for you, or maybe plan on looking for you up the trail. 

218-391-8507.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, D-rail said:

In case anybody is running a little late..call or text me and let me know if we need to wait for you, or maybe plan on looking for you up the trail. 

218-391-8507.

No need to wait for me, I'll catch up!

Should of let you guys get out another 40 miles.  After we got him loaded and said our goodbyes, the sprint was on.  Some of the best riding of the weekend!

450 miles for the weekend.

• Like 1

So who ended up in the "pickahhs" (as Bobby used to call 'em)?  I saw a post on FB from Jim C. and it looked like he was holding on for dear life!! LOL  You guys look like you had a way more enjoyable time then I did, sitting in the UNI Dome down in Cedar Falls