truck sled trailer crash

In our state I'd like to see winter speed limits on highways dropped 10mph, stop using so much salt, mandate winter tires.

I wonder how many morons that drive 80 in a 65 bitch about gas prices with regularity?  Want to use less gas and be more 'green'?  Go back to 55mph limits.  Even the libtards would have fits over that proposal, because they're also 'in a hurry'.  

Wonder how much our automobile and health insurance could be lowered? 🤔 

:lol:

6 hours ago, ICG said:

Wow . . .  What a gifted thought, my Macan, should go slower, because it's cold outside.  

Montana doesn't have that Thought!

The Autobahn is GREAT with NO speed limit.  

I don't see hauling a 3 place enclosed with a Macan...but point taken.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, teamgreen02 said:

Sounds like the people and the sleds are ok and that is what is most important.  The truck can be replaced.

Ditto.  I just hope some ridicule and laughing at their expense teaches them to drive a little safer.  Let’s face it, speed was a factor here.  It always is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

for those of you that come up here to ride the state cops are running f150 fords now. with out state plates on them. so far have only seen dark blue. the only give away is the antenna's on the roof 

Saw that.

• Gold Member
55 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

for those of you that come up here to ride the state cops are running f150 fords now. with out state plates on them. so far have only seen dark blue. the only give away is the antenna's on the roof 

I’ve seen them in a Mustang couple summers ago. I don’t know if they run them in the winter though. My town has a f150 too. Cops using all different cars these days town near me they have a Kia telluride.

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve seen them in a Mustang couple summers ago. I don’t know if they run them in the winter though. My town has a f150 too. Cops using all different cars these days town near me they have a Kia telluride.

Yep - I think the days of "cruisers" are long gone, other than State Patrol.  Way more SUV and Trucks it seems like (here it's Ford Explorers and a couple of RAM Trucks).  Wisconsin had Camaro troopers in the past, but I don't think I noticed any the past couple of years.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Well ends up I know one of them. Dude that got fucked up works out of the same town that I do.

Small world....Hopefully he is healing up. What happend to Him, some broken bones? 

52 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Small world....Hopefully he is healing up. What happend to Him, some broken bones? 

Article mentioned a deep laceration.  Ewwwff.  A lot of it just comes down to knowing the conditions, your equipment and how to drive.  Bridges are notorious for freezing up even if the roads aren't.   In sketchy conditions I just try to not make any lane shifts or do anything aggressive at the wheel, in case it breaks loose.  Leave a bunch of distance for stopping, and going ez on the brakes, etc..  Sometimes, the wind will just fuck with your world and all bets are off.  I was following a guy last winter up 201 towards Jackman, and the roads had a low sheen on them, so you know they were a little slippery.  Went to make a pass on a pickup (no trailer on the back btw),and got almost along side and the ass end started breaking loose.  So I just backed it down and decided to follow.  Like 5 minutes later, his ass end just broke loose and he lost it, friggin truck went right, bounced off the bank, then onto the opposite back, then rolled like 3-4 times.  Guy was ok, helped him out of his upside down truck, he was , but I felt bad cuz I was afraid I might have pushed him to drive faster by trying to pass him. previously.   

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Not realy sure. Was talking to a bud yesterday and he was telling me about the crash.