truck sled trailer crash

howland me. 95 north the story and vid at wabitv5. it seems they were heading to the county sledding. when they may have hit a patch of ice on the over pass. a new white 2500 hd crew and enclosed trailer. he bounced her from one guard rail to the other then over the side she went a 20 odd ft drop. truck looks pretty well beat up one got hurt. speed limit there is 75. maybe it was ice or the trailer pushing the truck around

• Gold Member

Chevy tuff 💪 ...Glad nobody got seriously hurt. Airbags did their job. 

Gotta love the dude rear ending the sleds together at the end for more unnecessary damage 🤦‍♂️😂

Edited by EvilBird
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Wow lucky they didn’t get seriously hurt. Probably worst time to have that happen too no new sleds or trucks in stock there season might be over. I wonder if they felt like Bo and Luke 😂 

0708A3BB-CEF8-4CFF-BE32-E94A13A429DE.gif

Sounds like the people and the sleds are ok and that is what is most important.  The truck can be replaced.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snowstorm said:

howland me. 95 north the story and vid at wabitv5. it seems they were heading to the county sledding. when they may have hit a patch of ice on the over pass. a new white 2500 hd crew and enclosed trailer. he bounced her from one guard rail to the other then over the side she went a 20 odd ft drop. truck looks pretty well beat up one got hurt. speed limit there is 75. maybe it was ice or the trailer pushing the truck around

They'll know how bad they got hurt, Monday morning after calling 📞😪 the insurance company.    

Wow that was a bad one.  I'm glad we generally drag the trailer up one time for the season, and then one time back home.  Shit can go bad real quick on an icy bridge.  We got off that road at the Skowhegan exit yesterday

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

yep. I run 85 thru there and am getting passed all the time.

Our limit is 55 :lol: get caught at 85 and they'd impound your rig for a week and pull your drivers license,,,gets worse from there lol

Maybe a little preventive bridge maintainance might be in order ? ? ?

Foolish masks in public, vaccine mandates . . .

Maybe a little common sense..  Put sand on the bridges..   

• Like 1

speed limit is 75 only north of old town. last summer headed to the county with the camper a guy goes buy me like a shot with 3 4 wheelers on a trailer just above the medway exit they were scattered al over the median . trailers will sway at certain speeds what you do next decides how much it costs you . sometimes a light tap on the trailer brake control will do it others its pour the coal to it.

11 hours ago, ICG said:

Maybe a little preventive bridge maintainance might be in order ? ? ?

Foolish masks in public, vaccine mandates . . .

Maybe a little common sense..  Put sand on the bridges..   

ok i cant resist sand the bridges. and how long do you think that sand will stay in place? less than 5 min. i wasnt there so i cant say there was ice even if there was some unless you do something stupid. i have been plowing sanding roads for 25 + yrs . your comment i hear a lot from the imports why isnt this road perfect all the time

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, HSR said:

Our limit is 55 :lol: get caught at 85 and they'd impound your rig for a week and pull your drivers license,,,gets worse from there lol

IN that area the limit is 75. THey dont bother you untill around 88 or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowstorm said:

speed limit is 75 only north of old town. last summer headed to the county with the camper a guy goes buy me like a shot with 3 4 wheelers on a trailer just above the medway exit they were scattered al over the median . trailers will sway at certain speeds what you do next decides how much it costs you . sometimes a light tap on the trailer brake control will do it others its pour the coal to it.

I like watching this option.

• Gold Member

You Guys are all braver than me . My old man likes to tow fast as well. He will do 80+. 

Not me 70mph is just fine. The fact I drive an Old Escalade is probably another reason lol. 

Funny part is last year two different times I got passed on the Highway by some dudes towing Sleds doing 85+mph. Get off the exit few miles later,  head up the mountain and then see em stopped at the Gas station. So I still beat em to the parking lot. 🤷‍♂️😂

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

The truck and trailer were NOT on I95 when the accident happened, They were on the overpass that goes over 95 and landed on or next to I95. 

I thought they were on I 95 and dropped down to the road 95 was crossing