Duluth mayor announces 30-day mask mandate

We are over two years into this thing but don't worry, it's just temporary.

Poor @Zambroski :lol:

Duluth Mayor Emily Larson has signed a declaration of emergency imposing a mask mandate in response to current COVID-19 case levels.

The mandate will take effect at 5 p.m. Friday and continue for 30 days. Larson noted during her announcement Thursday that the city council could choose to extend the mandate beyond 30 days.

"If you want to be mad, be mad at me about it. I'll take the heat, that's my job," Larson said Thursday in announcing her decision.

Larson said doesn't make public policy based on emails, social media, or commentaries in the newspapers. She said her job is to create policy that supports public health.

Larson said violations of the mask mandate carry the possibility of a misdemeanor charge. Complaints about alleged violations can be sent to mask@duluthmn.gov.

The announcement comes three days after the Duluth City Council passed an ordinance making it clear that the mayor has the authority to issue a mask mandate. The vote came after two city councilors blocked other city councilors' attempt to pass an emergency mask measure.

EARLIERNo mask mandate for Duluth after City Council vote

The talk of restoring Duluth's mask requirement, which was dropped last summer, has come amid a rise in COVID-19 cases and after Minneapolis and St. Paul reinstated their own mask mandates.

The mayors of both Minneapolis and St. Paul also announced Wednesday that people will need to show proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter stadiums, theaters, bars, restaurants, and other venues beginning Jan. 19. No such requirement has been announced in Duluth.

Leaders of both Duluth health systems joined the mayor at Thursday's press conference to voice their support for the mandate.

City spokesperson Kate Van Daele said the city will post a flier on its website that businesses can print and post, explaining that the mandate is a city decision.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Honestly neither make sense at this point but after what the Pfizer CEO said about the vaccines and Omicron a mask mandate makes more sense than a jab mandate. 

Emily Larson is an American politician and the current mayor of Duluth, Minnesota. She is a member of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party. Larson was elected Mayor of Duluth in November 2015 and inaugurated on January 4th, 2016, the first female mayor in the city's history. She won reelection in 2019. Wikipedia
Office: Mayor of Duluth since 2016

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

We are over two years into this thing but don't worry, it's just temporary.

Poor @Zambroski :lol:

Duluth Mayor Emily Larson has signed a declaration of emergency imposing a mask mandate in response to current COVID-19 case levels.

The mandate will take effect at 5 p.m. Friday and continue for 30 days. Larson noted during her announcement Thursday that the city council could choose to extend the mandate beyond 30 days.

"If you want to be mad, be mad at me about it. I'll take the heat, that's my job," Larson said Thursday in announcing her decision.

Larson said doesn't make public policy based on emails, social media, or commentaries in the newspapers. She said her job is to create policy that supports public health.

Larson said violations of the mask mandate carry the possibility of a misdemeanor charge. Complaints about alleged violations can be sent to mask@duluthmn.gov.

The announcement comes three days after the Duluth City Council passed an ordinance making it clear that the mayor has the authority to issue a mask mandate. The vote came after two city councilors blocked other city councilors' attempt to pass an emergency mask measure.

EARLIERNo mask mandate for Duluth after City Council vote

The talk of restoring Duluth's mask requirement, which was dropped last summer, has come amid a rise in COVID-19 cases and after Minneapolis and St. Paul reinstated their own mask mandates.

The mayors of both Minneapolis and St. Paul also announced Wednesday that people will need to show proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter stadiums, theaters, bars, restaurants, and other venues beginning Jan. 19. No such requirement has been announced in Duluth.

Leaders of both Duluth health systems joined the mayor at Thursday's press conference to voice their support for the mandate.

City spokesperson Kate Van Daele said the city will post a flier on its website that businesses can print and post, explaining that the mandate is a city decision.

I told you she’d cave after the council said no.  The twats lit her up every which way to Sunday to get their virtuous masking mandate back in place.  

:lol: Twats.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I told you she’d cave after the council said no.  The tears lit her up every which way to Sunday to get their virtuous masking mandate back in place.  

:lol: Twats.

I asked D if he still had his mask, he does.  Otherwise, I told him you'd have a few extras for him.  

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Masks don't work and further more why does some mayor thinks she has a right to tell you to wear a mask?? these people are drunk on power. 

You don’t know how this works yet?  City counsel vote didn’t have the votes to pass a mask mandate so, they went another route and voted to give the mayor the right to overrule city counsel votes.  :lol:

It’s just fucking unreal.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

I asked D if he still had his mask, he does.  Otherwise, I told him you'd have a few extras for him.  

They’ve all been tossed…and that’s where they’ll stay.  I’m done with this nonsense.

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You don’t know how this works yet?  City counsel vote didn’t have the votes to pass a mask mandate so, they went another route and voted to give the mayor the right to overrule city counsel votes.  :lol:

It’s just fucking unreal.

Are you fucking serious?

45 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

43 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They’ve all been tossed…and that’s where they’ll stay.  I’m done with this nonsense.

HOLD DA PHONE!!!! Why did you have masks?? Did you collect them like scalps from the provaxxers you encountered??? Or did ya have to wear one??  And if so,,any pics????I won't share them promise :lol::bc:

45 minutes ago, HSR said:

HOLD DA PHONE!!!! Why did you have masks?? Did you collect them like scalps from the provaxxers you encountered??? Or did ya have to wear one??  And if so,,any pics????I won't share them promise :lol::bc:

Oh, you don’t remember when we “flattened the curve”?  Hey, That was all long time ago for some of you.  Do you judge time now by vaxxyne booster timelines?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yup.  And in turn, she gave them the power to extend the mandates after every 30 days.

I’m not wearing one.  That is that.  Enough is enough.

They don’t have the power to mandate anything. They count on people complying. Don’t do it fuck these lunatics

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do you judge time now by vaxxyne booster timelines?

Nah still use my phone,,,,,doesn't matter though. Only times that matter now are when the pup need to shit,needs to pee,needs food,wants out. That's enough for me to worry aboot in a day :bc: What's a booster for??? I'm a stoner,,,,invincible :stoned::thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

They don’t have the power to mandate anything. They count on people complying. Don’t do it fuck these lunatics

They are threatening a misdemeanor.  Yep…I’ll go right to court and see.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nah still use my phone,,,,,doesn't matter though. Only times that matter now are when the pup need to shit,needs to pee,needs food,wants out. That's enough for me to worry aboot in a day :bc: What's a booster for??? I'm a stoner,,,,invincible :stoned::thumbsup:

Thats right!  I heard about that.  Hey, wife got me this.  Dude told her it’s like pot but still legal. Something about a loophole?  Asked her if I need to pass drug tests before he sold it to her?  :dunno:

0B70C084-5ADE-4CA6-9ABE-FC179544CB64.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They are threatening a misdemeanor.  Yep…I’ll go right to court and see.  :lol:

Thats right!  I heard about that.  Hey, wife got me this.  Dude told her it’s like pot but still legal. Something about a loophole?  Asked her if I need to pass drug tests before he sold it to her?  :dunno:

0B70C084-5ADE-4CA6-9ABE-FC179544CB64.jpeg

That should qualify as a booster!!! Shoot the whole bottle followed by an Oz of Jim Beam:thumbsup: Then post back right away!!!! Seriously though I've heard about that delta 8 THC,,,but can't remember ,,I just smoked a booster after supper and a walk.:lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bontz said:

Minnesota ... the land of woke, liberal bullshit.  Whoever it was that said this state is the California of the midwest was dead-nuts, bang on, accurate.

That was me.  I wouldn't have said that prior to covid and our summer of peace.  Maybe we will see some resemblance of sanity in the next election, but I don't think anyone has a chance of beating Tim Mankato.

Long term our plan is to get out of here.  Looking towards Tennessee.  A 20+ acre place on the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains.  Make my money now and get out of here.

• Like 1