Come on Jimmy!

I don't follow any of this boring racing and didn't watch these races.  But where is the talent at?  That's going to play a much larger role than anything.  Also part of racing is setting up your machine to where it works how you need it to. 

Not hard to understand really.  Team Arctic is behind.  In both race talent and race engineers.  We’ll see but right now, This could mean some sweet race sleds coming up for sale at a sweet price!  Don’t think I’m not gonna play up the “Arctic is headed out of racing” card when looking at my next racer.

I’m so mean.  :lmao:

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't follow any of this boring racing and didn't watch these races.  But where is the talent at?  That's going to play a much larger role than anything.  Also part of racing is setting up your machine to where it works how you need it to. 

Simple, SkiDoo & Polaris were recruiting, grooming and seeking out talent when AC/Textron had everything hung on TH68, then when Tucker retired they hung the hat on Benham and Logan, who were not TH68.  In the mean time Doo hung with Ishoel and a large pool of talented riders and teams which have been producing wins and podiums since.  Polaris mainly utilizing the LaValle group was doing the same and also has some gifted young racers and veterans leading their charge.  Moving back to Cat, Benham left Cat for Doo and Logan and CBR stuck with Cat.  Fast forward to this season and Benham is back on Cat, Logan left Cat for Doo and we have Wittwer, Benham & Yurk as the leading Cat racers.  Nothing wrong with these young guys but on their machines they are not racing at the same pace, caliber or level as the guys on Doo & Poo.  Another thing that Doo & Poo have exceled at and Cat has not is looking outside of the US for their rider pool.  Doo has the best Canadians and European racers (Ish is proof of that) and Poo has a solid platform of European racers.  Lot of info to absorb if you don't follow it.

As said in the AI article and here in the annual SX thread, Cat launched a game changing SX racer in 2018 and dominated every possible class with it.  Doo & Poo followed suit with their own 136"ers which on the track produce (seemingly) more power, turn better on a SX track and run through the moguls faster.  You know as an actual racer seconds matter on a race course, especially when it's only 10 minutes plus two laps (pro-class) and as the fastest racers gobble up time in the corners and moguls on the track they gain time and ultimately win.  The Cat racers had and lost that advantage, again in my opinion.  

What would be interesting to see (and there's no chance in hell it would ever happen) would be to put a guy like Elias or Lebel on a Cat, Doo & Poo and see which sled they could turn the fastest lap times on.  My bet would be the Doo. 

It's just where we're at.  Cat has always (again my opinion) been the leader and leading innovator on the race course no matter if it's SX or XC (we won't discuss going down a muddy ice/grass drag strip or an ice oval).  With the buyout from Textron, loss of racing cheerleaders (Roger & Etc.) depletion of the race program and general lack of enthusiastic support... plan to see more Last Cat Qualifiers in SX.  

This makes me :( and frustrated.

Lastly, their gauges and graphics pretty much suck.  :lol: 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119afba7b1a5c7764125

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Always in for a good jimmie r laugh or two.  The guy is so out of touch it's just non-stop hilarity with his posts.

Thanks for posting the link as while I was over there I would have missed the most exciting thing to come out of TRF this season.....

Comes with necessary easy rear access zipper and some sort of instructions involving a FIST.  Those Cat guys really know how to party.....

Screen-Shot-2022-01-12-at-8.31.57-AM-1-417x1024.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Always in for a good jimmie r laugh or two.  The guy is so out of touch it's just non-stop hilarity with his posts.

Thanks for posting the link as while I was over there I would have missed the most exciting thing to come out of TRF this season.....

Comes with necessary easy rear access zipper and some sort of instructions involving a FIST.  Those Cat guys really know how to party.....

Screen-Shot-2022-01-12-at-8.31.57-AM-1-417x1024.png

I find it utterly hilarious Ramstad might have his new 6000RR before @Bontz get's his partially assembled XCR hyper-sled 

yeah uhhmmm, motofist...

maybe @Not greg b wants to field that one.  I'm a Klim guy.  :lol:

57 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I find it utterly hilarious Ramstad might have his new 6000RR before @Bontz get's his partially assembled XCR hyper-sled 

yeah uhhmmm, motofist...

maybe @Not greg b wants to field that one.  I'm a Klim guy.  :lol:

Don’t get me started on motorist. I have more warranty claims on my motor fist coat than any snowmobile I have ever owned. Followed up with 509 shit. Those 2 are the worst. Bought a cheap cat coat my dealer had on special and it has not been sent back once for broken zippers. My 70 dollar cat coat Must have way better china materials than my 400 dollar motorfist coat 

Motorfist always seemed like a non-starter for me. Believe it or not, I’ve always had pretty good luck with OEM gear.  My Cat gear has been good but, I don’t wear it all the time and I sell it with the sled or, shortly after.  So..  a season or two is about it.

Like all gear, some just seem to fit better too.  I like the way Cat fits and performs.  A bit tight though….”Large” means Vietnamese large. Forces me to drop a few pounds for riding season.   :lmao:

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Motorfist always seemed like a non-starter for me. Believe it or not, I’ve always had pretty good luck with OEM gear.  My Cat gear has been good but, I don’t wear it all the time and I sell it with the sled or, shortly after.  So..  a season or two is about it.

Like all gear, some just seem to fit better too.  I like the way Cat fits and performs.  A bit tight though….”Large” means Vietnamese large. Forces me to drop a few pounds for riding season.   :lmao:

i just got a klim kaos jacket. made nice but the collar is too stiff. hoping it relaxes

Edited by sleepybrew

18 hours ago, mnstang said:

Its boring when your brand is consistently last.

I know, Doo was dead last for years.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Its boring when your brand is consistently last.

I know, Doo was dead last for years.

Hell, I remember that too!  Still, it’s the most exciting sled racing IMO.  But, we need three competing for sure.