2022 VT Trail Reports

ckf

Below was just post by the Canaan Border Riders.

Trail Update 1/10/22

Both groomers out today.   Continued to fill water bars and cleared trees from 112 to 114.  Also Trail 105 from EX 4 to EX 5 was packed today.  Only from EX 2 to Pittsburg we have not run a groomer through yet.

Trails 96 to Bloomfield, 105, 106C, E. Branch EX 110 to EX 10 we groomed today.

It's getting better but we can only groom existing snow so much without new snow.   The snow will loose its ability to pack and become sugar like.

• Zambroski changed the title to 2022 VT Trail Reports
  • Zambroski pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Road from Irasburg/Coventry area into Island Pond on Saturday, Island Pond trails took a beating (trail 2001).  Irasburg/Coventry had bare spots but was better..... need more snow! 

How cold did it get over your way on Saturday morning?

• USA Contributing Member

I'm hoping we get stuck their for most of next week, work will understand....

I'm in CT and don't have any good sources for local updates, even when we're up there the local news channels seem to be based out of Montpelier.  I was told by the club that our area is kind of a valley and the northeast (Island Pond) and northwest (Jay) areas catch a lot more snow.  

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I'm hoping we get stuck their for most of next week, work will understand....

I'm in CT and don't have any good sources for local updates, even when we're up there the local news channels seem to be based out of Montpelier.  I was told by the club that our area is kind of a valley and the northeast (Island Pond) and northwest (Jay) areas catch a lot more snow.  

That sounds about right. We picked up another 2" last night. We'll see what happens with Saturdays storm, but I'm not expecting to get hammered here even if it hugs the coast. You might make out better in Irasburg than we do. The white mountains of NH shadow us and wring out a lot of the moisture in the mountains.

Sunday.... Rode from OS48 to OS1 and back (did go to the border), trails are OK.... need snow 14B & 105 trails.  Did about 75 miles.

Monday... Rode from OS48 to Jay Village and back, 58,105,100,101..... 58 was the best of the weekend.  Did over 70 miles.

All trails are thin in spots, icy..... need snow.  Groomers are doing good for what is out there.

Cold weather is making me think about a taller windshield.

House should be full this weekend, group ride.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rode Orleans County on Friday.... Best ride of the season!  Went out Saturday morning and it was good, got to Al's and the snow was starting to show brown, late afternoon the fields were showing.  I went out Sunday morning towards Jay and tried to beat the rain and was only able to get 10 miles in.

It's all done.

Good club...

May be an image of sky and text

• Like 1