1883 anyone?

Just now, XCR1250 said:

You can watch 5 of them right now.

I know but still holding off for that rainy cold spring day and I will watch the whole season . 

At least I will try . If o end up at a buds house some day when it is on then I will prob  be fucked and have to start 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:15 PM, XCR1250 said:

Anyone see all four of the episode's?
Next one is Jan.16th.

Great show and Whats crazy is that took place 139 years ago. People have zero understanding of how good we have it and how hard we’ve worked to build a great society. My wifes aunt is 96 years old she was born 43 short years after this time period. Crazy to think

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Great show and Whats crazy is that took place 139 years ago. People have zero understanding of how good we have it and how hard we’ve worked to build a great society. My wifes aunt is 96 years old she was born 43 short years after this time period. Crazy to think

My Grand parents on my dads side were married in 1903, she was 16, him 18, I have their wedding picture.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

My Grand parents on my dads side were married in 1903, she was 16, him 18, I have their wedding picture.

My grandmother was born in 1890. Grandfather was older then her. I never met him. He died a week after I was born.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My grandmother was born in 1890. Grandfather was older then her. I never met him. He died a week after I was born.

I knew both of mine on Dads side but was too young to recall my moms parents.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:15 PM, XCR1250 said:

Anyone see all four of the episode's?
Next one is Jan.16th.

Just watched the episode. I hated the ending. Don’t want to spoil it for anyone so won’t say how I feel about what happened 

21 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

About the same on my dads side as well.  Gramm was born in 1886, and Gramp (who I died when my dad was only 5), 1881.  But I have memories of Gramm for sure, who died in 1966.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

About the same on my dads side as well.  Gramm was born in 1886, and Gramp (who I died when my dad was only 5), 1881.  But I have memories of Gramm for sure, who died in 1966.

I bought one of my homes from my Grandma in 1966 when I was 18 and married.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 8:36 AM, jtssrx said:

1883 is the year the Minneapolis stone arch bridge opend . You have all seen pics in opening sceens from football games . James J Hill had it built .

My great great grandfather was the masonry contractor for it and all of Hills bridges and mills .  city's were a thing back then but outline towns were not named like they are now . Mostly just the farmers who owned the land were the names on the maps . Highland park ie the old st Paul  Ford plant was his farm with in a short hore ride to Hills house . He personally sold the location of the old  Ford plant to Henry . Henry wanted the farm for the white sand to make wind shields . 

It is now a Starbucks and town homes just Grose 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Was pretty good episode yesterday. 

We watched it yesterday. I wish they would drop the entire season. We have gotten used to binge watching shows now with all of the streaming services

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

We watched it yesterday. I wish they would drop the entire season. We have gotten used to binge watching shows now with all of the streaming services

1 episode goes by way too fast!!! I like to at least watch 2 episodes of a series.

Just now, HSR said:

1 episode goes by way too fast!!! I like to at least watch 2 episodes of a series.

i think the pandemic shifted the way that a lot of people watch TV.  We stick with a series and binge it until the end and then pick something new.