Buddy was sledding in Wisconsin and smoked a cable on the groomed trail

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Wonder if that was near a fat tire bike trail.

Oh the mountain bikers have this happen too.. Pretty graffic..

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/british-rider-needed-17-stitches-after-hitting-barbed-wire-trail-trap.html

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Was the cable tied to a tree or something? Looks like a pretty hefty cable. I’d hope that wasn’t intentionally placed there only a true piece of shit would do that.

i,d hang the stain with the cable if they did that on purpose.

could of killed the guy.           :thumbsdown:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Last Winter in Southern Vermont I came across 2 20 somethings with Ski goggles and gear on that had tied a rope across the trail. And pushed a tree over . I stopped and looked around and they were hiding in the woods ...

I yelled WTF ! They said fuck you and starting running towards me!  I whipped my knife out cut the rope , went around the tree and took off. Called the Cops at next intersection.  Of course nothing became of it.

Fuckers are lucky I wasnt packing that day, would of been a really bad day for them if they attacked me 😒

@ACE I hope your buddy didnt get to hurt man 

Edited by EvilBird

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Last Winter in Southern Vermont I came across 2 20 somethings with Ski goggles and gear on that had tied a rope across the trail. And pushed a tree over . I stopped and looked around and they were hiding in the woods ...

I yelled WTF ! They said fuck you and starting running towards me!  I whipped my knife out cut the rope , went around the tree and took off. Called the Cops at next intersection.  Of course nothing became of it.

Fuckers are lucky cus i wasnt packing that day, would of been a really bad day for them if they attacked me. 😒

Shoulda tied them up by their rope and left them hanging 😉 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

He’s not sure it was intentional or groomed over and somehow caught his ski. It’s long and they couldn’t find the ends of it 

Is it on a railbed? Maybe it’s a old telegraph line or something.

• Like 2

This what he said 

I’m not sure what was going on man it appeared to be a nice groomed trail, there was a gate that was opened and snowmobile tracks. It was a marked trail, freshly groomed not long before we came through