Say NO to winter tires…..

5 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

straight from DU.   EDIT: holyhell DU site has tons of ads all over, guess they need the money :news:  

I refuse to put on winter tires because: - Democratic Underground

He is doing his imitation of the twitteridiots on the site.  Gives a new meaning to the word deadheads.

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol oh yes much better lmfao my wife kept getting in to other people's cars in the lot because she said it looked like every other car . So I put some stickers on it this fall . Can't miss it now 

20211020_211009.jpg

Considering that is a Subaru and the affinity for the owners to like the same sex does it mean you can climb in and out of any female and state that they all looked the same without her noticing or will she since the affinity initially alluded to?

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Considering that is a Subaru and the affinity for the owners to like the same sex does it mean you can climb in and out of any female and state that they all looked the same without her noticing or will she since the affinity initially alluded to?

Not sure if that one would fly.  But I will give it a shot if you want to split the settlement pay out with me 

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

My neighbors wife gets into other peoples minivans as well.  It confuses the crap out of me.  I walk my kids to school.  I don't know any parents names, but I can tell you exactly what they drive.

Yep me to . It only has to be a similar color and shape for her . I think it is a ploy for another Mercedes.  She never came home with that story with her last 2 Benz wagons 

Fucking priceless thread again per usual.  Back when I first joined here the village dipshit called me out for reposting from another forum - EXCEPT IT WAS MY ACTUAL POST ON THE OTHER FORUM....  The fucknutz does not have an original thought for himself. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, jdsky said:

Fucking priceless thread again per usual.  Back when I first joined here the village dipshit called me out for reposting from another forum - EXCEPT IT WAS MY ACTUAL POST ON THE OTHER FORUM....  The fucknutz does not have an original thought for himself. 

His best Work always involves multiple counts of hypocrisy,  deflection, and then running away when he gets pissed all over, called out and/or asked legitimate questions that will make His crying irrelevant. 

My Dad loves to tell this story about when he worked in the dealership.  Had a guy who bragged nonstop about his snow tires.  Car would go through 2 foot of snow.  Couple guys got out there and jacked his car up and slid blocks underneath it so the wheels were barely off the ground.  He was out there gunning that bitch, trying to rock it back in forth to get unstuck.  Didn’t realize what happened until he was trying to dig it out.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My Dad loves to tell this story about when he worked in the dealership.  Had a guy who bragged nonstop about his snow tires.  Car would go through 2 foot of snow.  Couple guys got out there and jacked his car up and slid blocks underneath it so the wheels were barely off the ground.  He was out there gunning that bitch, trying to rock it back in forth to get unstuck.  Didn’t realize what happened until he was trying to dig it out.  

great scene in the movie repoman where the black family had the pontiac on blocks and when he tried to repo it the wheels were just off the ground. i think they beat him good. of course it was after he ate with them and said he wasn't going to repo it. 

22 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

See, for once it's obvious what the modus operandi is. Anywho, If you live in the snow and ice belt a dedicated winter tire will undoubtedly outperform an all season by far. Test have proven it. Braking on icy roads is not even close with a studded or even the new studless designs. There are some A-T's with the 3PMSF symbol that work well but most have the old M+S symbol that is a farce.

Just put a set of Cooper AT3 4S on my truck yesterday that have the 3PMSF symbol.  Roads had snow and ice on them so I got to compare the old ones to the new ones in the snow.  Definitely more traction in the snow with the Coopers vs the generic AT that came on the truck.

On the cars I run all season tires with the best snow performance I can find.  Right now I believe both are running Continentals.  If it gets real bad, we take my truck or just stay home.

17 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Vaccines wear out like tires? :news: 

Yes, only faster.

9 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

great scene in the movie repoman where the black family had the pontiac on blocks and when he tried to repo it the wheels were just off the ground. i think they beat him good. of course it was after he ate with them and said he wasn't going to repo it. 

That is a good flix.  
A repo mans life is always intense. 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, Mainecat said:

WINTER TIRES…

I refuse to put on winter tires because:
• It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
• The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (like I’m supposed to trust them).
• My neighbor Bob had an accident even after putting on winter tires.
• Some drivers are already on their 3rd set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
• We do not know what the tires are made of.
• The tire manufacturers scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
• In fact, I read on the internet that the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
• If I have winter tires, the government can track me in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!

This year, I say no to winter tires!

I grew up in Northern Maine. We got a shit load of snow, and I never heard of winter tires. The family car was a 2 wheel drive boat. When I moved to Rhode Island for a while, all the guys at work were putting winter tires on, and they hardly get any weather.... That was honestly the first time I heard about snow tires and thought I was lying.

I have decent all season tires on all of our vehicles and don't see the need for them personally unless you are regularly on unmaintained roads or hilly/mountain areas.

I carry tire chains that I have never used though because I have to take an unsanded private road into camp all winter. (The Golden Road.)

Since the thread is actually now talking about winter tires rather than the poor attempt MC originally made at reposting someone else's bullshit I will comment on winter tires.

My wife drove minivans for years.  She had a total of 5 of them over the span of 10 years while the kids were growing up.  Our paved driveway has a steep approach to the garage and you have to make a 90 degree turn from the road so there is no way to get much if any momentum at the bottom.  No way in hell those things would climb that incline with any amount of snow or ice on it.  Slap on snow tires and the things would climb it like a mountain goat.  That's my winter tire testimonial.  Take it for what it's worth.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Since the thread is actually now talking about winter tires rather than the poor attempt MC originally made at reposting someone else's bullshit I will comment on winter tires.

My wife drove minivans for years.  She had a total of 5 of them over the span of 10 years while the kids were growing up.  Our paved driveway has a steep approach to the garage and you have to make a 90 degree turn from the road so there is no way to get much if any momentum at the bottom.  No way in hell those things would climb that incline with any amount of snow or ice on it.  Slap on snow tires and the things would climb it like a mountain goat.  That's my winter tire testimonial.  Take it for what it's worth.

My Dads house where I grew up has a crazy steep private road with a off camber turn,....My Mom use to have a Saab 900 Turbo and that thing NEEDED studded snows to make that hill as well. They definitely make a huge difference on untreated roads. 

I use to drive my 99 Z28 Camaro in reverse just about as fast as I could to make it up the hill trying to get to High School 😂

I remember one time my buddys with lowered 2wd S10s both came down during a storm drifting around ...I was like WTF you Guys are screwed ...sure enough. They had to leave em that night. 😂

19 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

has to be snows around here or you are playing with fire. i drive up a mtn every day. can't count the number of people fucked on all season tires when it snows. bald all seasons are even worse

My daughter had practice every Sunday morning at 6AM on the far opposite side of the Twin Cities from where we live and I had to drive her back and forth all winter long for 8 years.  It was great fun watching the idiots that even run low profile summer rubber on their rear drive BMW's. 

We had a lot of laughs watching cars do 360's in the middle of 94/494/694 over those years.  It was amazing how many mornings we had absolutely shitty roads to drive on and the people with zero clue.

i work in a ski town. when it snows they come from nyc in droves. vettes, sports cars etc, with high performance tires. stuck sideways on the mountain. last year i came upon 2 idiots stuck sideways. and standing in the road. good thing i have good tires and could stop. they had been spinning for a mile. i asked wtf they were doing. going skiing . rented this awd rogue and it sucks. i looked under it , fwd!!!! they asked what they should do . i said "go home and get a real suv" . and drove around them. anyone who doesn't believe in snow tires, come on up!

• Haha 2

Growing up I remember my father studding tires in the shop, shot them into the tire with a stud gun. I carried chains for my Nova. I don't see people doing this anymore until I go further north. 

They canceled school today over 6-7 inches and I remember the bus showing up with chains on it on a unplowed road, my how times have changed.

12 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

Growing up I remember my father studding tires in the shop, shot them into the tire with a stud gun. I carried chains for my Nova. I don't see people doing this anymore until I go further north. 

They canceled school today over 6-7 inches and I remember the bus showing up with chains on it on a unplowed road, my how times have changed.

with most schools being able to go remote now there is really no reason to drive them in the handful of days a year it's got bad weather.  Should get kids out of school a few days earlier with those systems who eliminated traditional snow days although i have some fond memories of them growing up. Esp in HS

• Gold Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

with most schools being able to go remote now there is really no reason to drive them in the handful of days a year it's got bad weather.  Should get kids out of school a few days earlier with those systems who eliminated traditional snow days although i have some fond memories of them growing up. Esp in HS

They canceled my kids altogether today no remote no in school. You’d think they do remote so they don’t have to be in school till July 🤷‍♂️