Let's go NASCAR!

Well I was hoping that one of the last sporting hold outs would not go woke ever since the Bubba Wallace incident, but I was wrong. Looks like NASCAR has invoked the "Thought Police" and gone fully woke. They have denied Brandon Brown sponsorship from LGBcoin. So does this mean we can't support our teams anymore?? Let's Go Packers, Lets Go Yankees, Let's go Bruins?? Mark my words, Hockey will be next.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/01/04/lgbcoin-lets-go-brandon-nascar-rejected/

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nascar-auto-racing/article257054532.html

Edited by nascarmike
  • Confused 1

• Gold Member

LGB isn't Lesbian-Gay-Bisexual?  The LGBT crowd is going to need to change their acronym.  Clearly NASCAR leadership doesn't understand there fan base.  They are working to kill their own sport, which will make the environmentalist whackos happy.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

It started then.  Jr, Gordon and Stewart kept it alive for a while.

Never liked Jeff personally.  Good driver but crybaby. Tony Stewart was fun to watch . JR was also. I just lost interest I guess after awhile. 

Just now, EvilBird said:

Never liked Jeff personally.  Good driver but crybaby. Tony Stewart was fun to watch . JR was also. I just lost interest I guess after awhile. 

I was never a Gordon fan either but learned to respect what he accomplished. He had a good fan base though. Johnson never had that for whatever reason. Again, hated him, but learned to respect him too.

I've kind of lost interest as well. I still play the pool with the guys here and a bunch of Canadians, lol. I still DVR all of the races and ff my way through some of them.  I might watch a half dozen full races a year.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Lots of other good racing out there guys, DTM, IMSA, Indy car, V8 supercar, super torifio, Ferrari challenge, TransAm series. Lots of big names in those serie too

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

Better off supporting a local race series or go amateur racing yourself.

Agree....Southwick is in my backyard....Id rather go watch the little kids rip on there 50s and 85s 👍

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, racerdave said:

JR, was never the driver Jeffy or Smoke was. Daddys name only

Agreed. Average driver that was good at the restrictor plate tracks. But he did bring the fans/$$$.

21 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Lots of other good racing out there guys, DTM, IMSA, Indy car, V8 supercar, super torifio, Ferrari challenge, TransAm series. Lots of big names in those serie too

WRC imho this boys have balls of steel and the inperson fans are fucking nuts lol 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

Anyone can win a plate race. McDowell won Daytona last year.

I didn't that he was great, just that was good. He survived enough of the big ones by running up front most of the time. Guys like McDowell do occasionally luck in to a win :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

WRC imho this boys have balls of steel and the inperson fans are fucking nuts lol 

I like watching wrc too,..The Dakkar rally is going on now for the next 8 days, they usually air the previous days stage on the Olympics channel at 7pm eastern

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

At least they have a protective roll cage and a safety harness. Isle of Man riders have a thin coat of leather to wrap those balls of steel. O.o

Edited by nascarmike
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, nascarmike said:

At least they have a protective roll cage and a safety harness. Isle of Man riders have a thin coat of leather to wrap those balls of steel. O.o

Lol yeah think like 150 ish have died playing there