Where HCS started...

ckf

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why do people assume this?  Dude, have you even tasted my hamburger helper?  Or spaghetti-o surprise?

Don’t judge.

Well, Taco Bell is considered fine dinning for you:lol:

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Taco Bell is fine dining 

It’s the fucking finest!!!

49 minutes ago, Catalina said:

Some might consider it good food???, but it's not fine dining. 

Wutz wrong with you?

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

It will do in a pinch. Nothing great about  It .

And you too?!!!

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You don’t know.  Shut up!  I’m negotiating here!!!!!!

:lol:

Go Zambroski Go Zambroski - - party.gif.7102c49a594127544e19c7f2293dc04b.gifparty.gif.7102c49a594127544e19c7f2293dc04b.gifparty.gif.7102c49a594127544e19c7f2293dc04b.gifparty.gif.7102c49a594127544e19c7f2293dc04b.gif

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Why do people assume this?  Dude, have you even tasted my hamburger helper?  Or spaghetti-o surprise?

Don’t judge.

Someone said you make the best Chicken Paprika........... A couple pieces of chicken with paprika sprinkled on it....... lol.gif.7a0b3d9aa8b03b8bfdc28af778a82a3e.gif 

Just now, Sled_Hed said:

Kinda cool seeing where this stuff all came about. @Badger** started a thread about the past over on HCS.

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/how-many-hcs-old-timers-are-still-on-here.1883391/unread

If you're not a member over there you can't see that thread, the GDF is blocked from public viewing unless logged onto the site......

There's a lot of banned HCS aka dootalk 2.0 members on this site, and you can't post this sites name on HCS.............. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

If you're not a member over there you can't see that thread, the GDF is blocked from public viewing unless logged onto the site......

There's a lot of banned HCS aka dootalk 2.0 members on this site, and you can't post this sites name on HCS.............. :lol:

Yeah I'm aware of that. I believe there's a few people here that still can look over there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

52352822.jpg

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
 Next 

Badger

Badger

The Meat Man

Joined Apr 15, 2009
15,759 Posts
 Discussion Starter · #1 · 4 d ago
Paul has not been seen since 2015 Bobby is gone and we all know about Cappy. A lot has changed over the years.

Top Gun
Brian55lvr
too slow
skully
BobbyNJ66
SteveO
red patriot f7

And the list goes on and on. We sure had fun.

"The Meat Man"

Hooligan Sledders the new HCS Facebook Groups
Sent from my HP Media Center Via RoadRunner...so bite me. image.gif.de7ca89d9b1bb49556ce79906f640df1.gif

Rev M&S

Rev M&S

Registered

2 x 2021 900T's- 714 KM
Joined Mar 30, 2003
1,661 Posts
Started March of 2003..Many were here long before that.

• image.gif.c5ff25d79e96da559ffbf194ceb0d229.gif
 Reactions:You and too slow
Super 8

Super 8

Premium Member

2014 XF800 137
Joined Sep 5, 2002
4,428 Posts
Still here

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/images/signature_fast600.gif

No Substitute For BIG JUGS!!

• image.gif.0e8a6f0ee661b38885094a41dfc193de.gif
SHOOT2KILL2

SHOOT2KILL2

Registered

Joined Jun 16, 2016
860 Posts
I have been here since the beginning... Dec 2002...It is my estimation that this website has lost 80% or more of the ORIGINALS since VS took over...

54 sleds...225,000+ miles...$1,000,000.00 spent on the sport since 1969...

markcp

markcp

Registered

Joined Sep 25, 2005
5,171 Posts
Fastsledder, NHgator were others that left

I’ve been here awhile, but don’t post as much as some

• image.gif.fde01628122fafbcf1caa665253951d7.gif
SHOOT2KILL2

SHOOT2KILL2

Registered

Joined Jun 16, 2016
860 Posts
Paul has not been seen since 2015 Bobby is gone and we all know about Cappy. A lot has changed over the years.

Top Gun
Brian55lvr
too slow
skully
BobbyNJ66
SteveO
red patriot f7

And the list goes on and on. We sure had fun.
too slow is here...he is currently working his way towards Cappy's post record...

54 sleds...225,000+ miles...$1,000,000.00 spent on the sport since 1969...
XCR1250

XCR1250

Premium Member

Joined Oct 10, 2005
39,613 Posts
Lots have left.

M

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212

Registered

Joined Oct 12, 2011
308 Posts
Facebook pages have pulled many away. Couple of other forums have folded too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• image.gif.180f2787bd643742cddac3066fed62c6.gif
 Reactions:Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider

Registered

Joined Sep 29, 2011
4,190 Posts
I joined the arctic cat forum in 03. (Forgot what Rob called it) Maybe 02. Don't remember exactly. Joined hcs in 05, different user name & email.
I'm an admin/mod on a bunch of other forums, as such I post very little on those boards. (There are some of us from the "early days" of online chat who mainly stay out of discussions for obvious reasons). This is a place I don't have any responsibility for this is where I post.

FB is a quagmire, no interest in it.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace" Jimmy Hendrix:flowers:
D

decee

Registered

Joined Mar 30, 2003
787 Posts
Who are you calling an oldtimer?

decee
Registered · From Toronto
Joined Mar 30, 2003

Make TRUDEAU a DRAMA TEACHER again !
XCR1250

XCR1250

Premium Member

Joined Oct 10, 2005
39,613 Posts
I joined the arctic cat forum in 03. (Forgot what Rob called it) Maybe 02. Don't remember exactly. Joined hcs in 05, different user name & email.
I'm an admin/mod on a bunch of other forums, as such I post very little on those boards. (There are some of us from the "early days" of online chat who mainly stay out of discussions for obvious reasons). This is a place I don't have any responsibility for this is where I post.

FB is a quagmire, no interest in it.
Facebook is no longer Facebook. It is getting a new name -- Meta. The Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the same at the company's Connect event held. The company is rebranding itself as Meta.

Doomxz600

Doomxz600

Registered

Joined Dec 17, 2016
986 Posts
I don't recall what my first date was but this is my second one.

ziemann

ziemann

Registered

Joined Jan 10, 2006
2,469 Posts
I've been here a long time, but don't see myself as part of the old guard that made this place so much fun. I was a reader here for a long time before joining. I am old guard at ArcticChat tho.....
I miss the way things used to be and miss the entertainment value. Can't wait until this thread gets locked. Now, that's fun....

Zambroski said:
It’d be a nice change from eating penises.
NW Wisc. Trail info: http://www.jackpineriders.com/
http://www.bruleriverriders.com/

Rubrsidedown

Rubrsidedown

Registered

Joined Dec 7, 2002
4,333 Posts
I'm still here,
I joined in Dec 2002 pretty much when Rob L created it. WAY back before HCS we lurked on Rec Sport Snowmobiles.
That was the beginning really.

Back then I was jefjuldaywebtv then CATZR800.
Changed user name a few times here in HCS and now Rubrsidedown seems to be best for me and it's timeless.

Side note: Rob Lyons was a blast to ride with, we went on some high mileage rides for sure throughout Maine, New Brunswick and Quebec.
Good times for sure.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent from rotary dial device using Tapatalk... whatevah that is.
33e23ecd2ff09b235d59b8e680dae5f0.jpg

Jeff B In Maine
P

Powa

Registered

Joined Jan 12, 2019
386 Posts
02-04 gone till 07 different username because I forgot password since I don't remember.

nascarmike

nascarmike

Registered

Joined Mar 24, 2006
2,979 Posts
getyarn.io

They're gone, RudoIph.

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) clip with quote They're gone, RudoIph. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip.
getyarn.io getyarn.io

getyarn.io

They've been gone for months Iooking for you.

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) clip with quote They've been gone for months Iooking for you. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip.
getyarn.io getyarn.io

stevem5215

stevem5215

Registered

2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
Joined Nov 17, 2005
4,476 Posts
I've been on here since Rob made the group. It was a bunch of whoo haaa back then and the only reason i didn't sign up was due to Rob. He and i didn't get along on rec.sport.snowmobiles . I was around before that too on alt.snowmobiles when Doug R formed the rec group with some others. We had to "vote" on them to get it to happen as rec groups were "high line" vs alt groups which included a lot of other questionable groups. Rob on rec wasn't the friendliest guy. He challenged everything. That's when he decided to split onto his own group so he could control the narrative. I didn't join but did browse for years before I joined here. Then came his breakaway from here into the other group. He decried the loss of his control on this group after it sold out. Formed the new out of control group which is still that way over there. Yes, I've been around this for years. I gotta wonder why. All the really good names are no longer participating. Rode with them a few times in Michigan. And before there were newsgroups there was DECNET and our private company snowmobile group. Ah, the memories from those too. Moderated as well. Unlike the alt and rec groups. It's been 40 years for me in 22. I started with groups a long time ago.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
 Prev   Next 

S

sledlover

Registered

'22 VR1 650 129", '16 ProS 800
Joined Dec 5, 2002
522 Posts
When did Rob die?

Drift19

Drift19

Registered

Joined Jan 7, 2019
843 Posts
Facebook is no longer Facebook. It is getting a new name -- Meta. The Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the same at the company's Connect event held. The company is rebranding itself as Meta.
A skunk dying it's fur a different color is still a skunk.

Badger

Badger

The Meat Man

Joined Apr 15, 2009
15,759 Posts
 Discussion Starter · #23 · 4 d ago
When did Rob die?
Rob died in 2017.

It's good to see a lot of you old timers are still on here, help me remember who did we have as women mods on here?

So no more busting balls like the old days, God we had some fights on here. One thing I can say is Badger always had the fastest stock sleds. 😁

Happy New Year to all of you and you're families. 🍻

"The Meat Man"

Hooligan Sledders the new HCS Facebook Groups
Sent from my HP Media Center Via RoadRunner...so bite me. image.gif.b11c51b369f68e3c90335e00a9c6bfe6.gif

supercharged

supercharged

Registered

Joined Oct 18, 2003
87 Posts
Long time ago.

Sleds?? Yeah, I've got sleds and they're FOR SALE.
  • image.gif.59dd2e73a2afbc4507a44f4aa82bb0ab.gif
 Reactions:Rodeo Rider

markcp

markcp

Registered

Joined Sep 25, 2005
5,171 Posts
Wasn’t Mrs Red Patriot a mod?

stevem5215

stevem5215

Registered

Joined Nov 17, 2005
4,476 Posts

rec.sport.snowmobiles - Google Groups

groups.google.com groups.google.com

That's the rec.sport.snowmobiles group now.

Previous to that was alt.snowmobiles - alt.snowmobiles - Google Groups

My first post on alt.snowmobiles was this one in 1994.

rider info

Snowmobiling in Western Pa
My webpage from the last 30 years of riding.

J

John800

Registered

Joined Feb 21, 2020
46 Posts
I have been on here since rob had his first tech tips about his 600xcs, 2001 or 2002 i think. I don’t think it was even a forum at first. I think I am on my 3rd username or so.

• image.gif.21cc6ab38044ef6c71496aea205595fc.gif
 Reactions:You and Rubrsidedown
taperk600

taperk600

Registered

Joined Feb 17, 2003
8,292 Posts
Feb 18, 2003
Read more, post less now.....
as do many old timers...........
Get tired of being told you are wrong when asked for your opinion or input ......

IT FACTOR
Options suck.....at least having to choose which ones to waste money on...........

2005 Chaparral 260 SSI 8.1MAG B-III
Scuba year 'round
Australia and South Pacific Islands

zr800m10

zr800m10

Registered

Lynx XTrim 850 RE3500 -18, Arctic Cat JAG Z -93
Joined Feb 3, 2003
282 Posts
Foreigner from Sweden still here, been here since 2003 when I found this forum that suited me better than mailinglists.
Reads a lot and post sometimes too.

"When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."
C

cat45

Registered

Joined May 2, 2006
122 Posts
Been here since 06 I think. Only come on to buy and sell or get sled info occasionally.

shadosprit

shadosprit

Registered

Joined Jan 15, 2016
867 Posts
Wow still a lot of people around, glad to see that. I joined Jan 2016. Although I don't have the time in some of you do, I still try and give my 2cents when I can. I know it's not what it used to be and will never be again, however I appreciate those of you who are still here that do help with the issues that do arise. There are a few people on here I would love to meet, and who knows I may have on the trails.

Lakeside Sledder

Lakeside Sledder

Registered

Joined Oct 30, 2011
474 Posts
I'm here, although I rarely say anything anymore. I'm too old and beat-up to ride now. I still visit now and then to see what's going on.
Happy New Year.

The 6-P's
"Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"
T. Schock

S

snowmachine

Registered

Joined Oct 24, 2003
3,270 Posts
Been here a while. Long live hcs

T

too slow

Registered

Joined Sep 5, 2005
46,015 Posts
I've been here a long time, but don't see myself as part of the old guard that made this place so much fun. I was a reader here for a long time before joining. I am old guard at ArcticChat tho.....
I miss the way things used to be and miss the entertainment value. Can't wait until this thread gets locked. Now, that's fun....
Same here, miss the gd forum as it use to be, and much of the old crew. Now its dull.

XCRacer440

XCRacer440

Registered

2018 Polaris Pro S 800
Joined Sep 15, 2003
838 Posts
I have been mostly a reader throughout the years but have tried to stay active. It is weird now that a large majority of the good posters are gone.

2018 Pro S 800
2001 XC 500 - Carls Cycle 660
2001 XC 700

Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider

Registered

Joined Sep 29, 2011
4,190 Posts
I've been on here since Rob made the group. It was a bunch of whoo haaa back then and the only reason i didn't sign up was due to Rob. He and i didn't get along on rec.sport.snowmobiles . I was around before that too on alt.snowmobiles when Doug R formed the rec group with some others. We had to "vote" on them to get it to happen as rec groups were "high line" vs alt groups which included a lot of other questionable groups. Rob on rec wasn't the friendliest guy. He challenged everything. That's when he decided to split onto his own group so he could control the narrative. I didn't join but did browse for years before I joined here. Then came his breakaway from here into the other group. He decried the loss of his control on this group after it sold out. Formed the new out of control group which is still that way over there. Yes, I've been around this for years. I gotta wonder why. All the really good names are no longer participating. Rode with them a few times in Michigan. And before there were newsgroups there was DECNET and our private company snowmobile group. Ah, the memories from those too. Moderated as well. Unlike the alt and rec groups. It's been 40 years for me in 22. I started with groups a long time ago.
Rob in person was a hella lot different than Rob on the forum lol. He was pretty brutal at times. Rode with him and his misses and they we're a lot of fun to be with.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace" Jimmy Hendrix:flowers:
  • image.gif.64976c761da1e754c24a4f2f63f4380d.gif
 Reactions:Rubrsidedown

stevem5215

stevem5215

Registered

Joined Nov 17, 2005
4,476 Posts
Yep, I agree he was brutal. This exchange from some time back shows it from rec.sport.snowmobiles

Bud and Rob Show Continued

Snowmobiling in Western Pa
My webpage from the last 30 years of riding.

A

akaval903

Registered

Joined Dec 2, 2012
351 Posts
Wow didnt realize this site has been around thar long. I have noticed a lot of people have left the last few years. I Remember when we would have a weather report posted in the Maine forum and here would be thousands of views and multiple pages now we’re lucky to get 2 pages worth of comments.

DGZRT

DGZRT

Registered

Joined Mar 7, 2003
475 Posts
March of 2003 for me . Have never posted much . I do miss reading the Banter on the GD forum. In most cases the Snowmobile’s have gotten better but the drivers have become unintelligent, brainless, mindless and foolish . I blame that on social media! Hope you all have a snowy and safe season…..

• image.gif.de968f68e2e57d6e204a1198bf748bcc.gif
 Reactions:You and cat45
fiver

fiver

Registered

Joined Dec 5, 2002
900 Posts
Not real active, but still here. I have the original 2003 Firecat that I bought new before I joined HCS almost 20 years ago.

3 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

She's got Jessie why would she want you....... :lol:

The only thing you two have in common is you both crashed hitting something under the snow.....

Her battle scars are way better than yours....... :lmao:

At least her accident was legit and not just due to a lack of talent. :news:

• Thanks 1