Calling on @ziemann ... attention Ziemann!! LOL

The push in the corners is still pretty obvious, but I am getting used to the handling. My confidence in this chassis is going up, and I am enjoying how well it responds to body english.

I played with the coupler blocks yesterday and ended up going back to stock. It helped to have it couple sooner, but then I seemed to lose too much of the weight transfer. 

I think the simple band-aid will be shaper bars, and if that doesn't work, then some Sly Dog skis.....

7 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

The push in the corners is still pretty obvious, but I am getting used to the handling. My confidence in this chassis is going up, and I am enjoying how well it responds to body english.

I played with the coupler blocks yesterday and ended up going back to stock. It helped to have it couple sooner, but then I seemed to lose too much of the weight transfer. 

I think the simple band-aid will be shaper bars, and if that doesn't work, then some Sly Dog skis.....

Polaris skis give up some in loose snow.

We had one Ski-Doo that had a push in the corner.  Opps

20220107_115142.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/303726348359008/?ref=facebook_story_share

Have @Doug pick them up

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Loosen up the pre-load on your FTS spring if your not bottoming out.  That will help with the push.  You probably know that anyway.

20 minutes ago, Doug said:

Loosen up the pre-load on your FTS spring if your not bottoming out.  That will help with the push.  You probably know that anyway.

I was thinking of slightly decreasing the spring preload, then increasing the shock compression a couple of clicks... 

I have to say tho that I love the stock weight transfer. Right now I can't power through a corner at all. I have to let it transfer forward, roll through the corner, then transfer rearward as I accelerate out of the corner. 

I'm used to powering through corners with the Procross. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:45 PM, Ziemann said:

UPDATES:

-Headed on another ride tomorrow morning. I'll be playing with the coupler blocks. I think I would also prefer that it couple sooner. 

-It sounds like on HCS, people are starting the Velocity shocks 3 clicks from full soft, and increasing the compression setting from there. That is completely different than the baseline settings in the owners manual. On my sled, every single shock had a different compression setting (even left versus right side). 

-I located the USB cable for updating the 7S display! Instead of it being threaded through a hole inside of the storage compartment so that it is accessible, someone just left it hanging with the rest of the wiring harness behind the display. Looks like someone did an incorrect installation at the dealership. I took care of that issue. They also cross threaded one of the fasteners that holds the 7S display to the dash. I am guessing that it was the same moron that didn't know where to route the USB cable. Both easily fixed....

-Ahh...and she was about 4 OZ low on chain case fluid. 

Most of the sled is setup perfect. But, I am finding a few items here and there that were missed on the pre-delivery inspection....all minor. 

Yup, sounds like a real shitty PDI was done on that bad boy. 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:12 PM, Doug said:

Just an FYI if the chain case is completely empty and you fill it per the service manual as far as ounces of oil it will not be topped off and flow out of the fill hole.  I always top it off anyway.

Beat me to it. 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

How long has Polaris not had their skis shimmed 'properly'?  You Polaris guys and those Bergstrom triple points make me lol almost as much as the Yamatards and their Snow Trackers.  Toss those shit stock skis in the attic, bolt on some quality aftermarket skis with proper shims, a good pair of carbides, align and send it. 

Bubble gum, band aids and duct tape.  :lol:

Please tell us more Mr. I ride a mod race sled with a 10’ tall windshield on it because I want to look cool, on my mod race sled wearing my pullover, but don’t want to be cold. 

Fuckin poser. :news:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Please tell us more Mr. I ride a mod race sled with a 10’ tall windshield on it because I want to look cool, on my mod race sled wearing my pullover, but don’t want to be cold. 

Fuckin poser. :news:

Anytime you want to give chase with your prosteers, short windshield and Arctic Cat track you let me know fat boy.  

:lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ziemann said:

So.....then I guess that's not what I wanted to see......

I guess I'll utilize that warranty coverage then.....

Dude!  What oil are you using!!?!   :lol:

Hopefully just a line pop…..conveniently located under the engine.    :wall:

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Bad mark for Polaris there.  

Meh…they all have these fucking “oppsies”.  What I find amazing is they’ve continued to have them while their prices continue to rise upwards of 40%.  Remarkable.

• Like 1

Ugh ... what's the back story on that debacle?  Nice "welcome to Polaris" :thumbsdown:  The more I wait for my sled, and the more season I miss, the more I feel like trying to flip it immediately and just saying F it altogether.

Oh, I know that it's simply a weeping hose clamp. The other clip I have that I couldn't upload shows it beneath the engine. Mac and I are suppose to be riding again tomorrow from my house....guess I'll be borrowing one of his Cats. It's a simple Oooops on assembly and most likely easily fixed. I'm headed to Duluth Lawn and Sport shortly...

Oh....and the back story?

To protect the engine, it shuts down when it over heats. Even if your in the process of crossing a slush hole on Lake St. Croix.

So yeah, my picker factor was high as it was sitting in slush. Fortunately, it started right back up and I was able to ride it up on to an ice road to let it cool.

• Like 1

Like I said ... welcome to Polaris :thumbsdown:  It was one thing to be dicked around with the whole snowcheck delay, but this is the shit that really drives a guy nuts.  I hope it's an easy fix for the shop to repair, and the engine safety stuff did its job & no issues in the long run.  I had a similar issue with my 2015 ... coolant line popped off and I wasn't paying close enough attention to my idiot light.  All of a sudden I saw RED on my gauge and shut it down (I was lucky enough to be on the trail & not in the slush).

Hopefully Pete and crew can get you in & out quickly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

Meh. I'm being a whiney little bitch this morning, aren't I? LOL

Not at all regardless of brand.

It's 2022, and little shit like this which can turn into big shit is totally unacceptable.  They just didn't start making snowmobiles this year.

That said, GM started using crimp fit cooler lines in the early 90s, and they still haven't gotten those all right.  

We as consumers need to make them raise the bar of standards.  Idk if it's a 💩, dew or cat, I'd be posting those videos as many places as the manufacturer can see it.

It's no wonder race teams get their brand new sleds and tear them down completely before using them 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Not at all regardless of brand.

It's 2022, and little shit like this which can turn into big shit is totally unacceptable.  They just didn't start making snowmobiles this year.

That said, GM started using crimp fit cooler lines in the early 90s, and they still haven't gotten those all right.  

We as consumers need to make them raise the bar of standards.  Idk if it's a 💩, dew or cat, I'd be posting those videos as many places as the manufacturer can see it.

It's no wonder race teams get their brand new sleds and tear them down completely before using them 

Yep - and no wonder the people who ride them early on to promote them (like the rags and "ambassadors" are all on hand built machines that run strong.  Shit - yesterday a buddy of mine sent me a video of Lenn Johnson with his new sled & the oil cap was f'ing defective (no rattle ball in it).  Just stupid level shit.

• Like 2