Calling on @ziemann ... attention Ziemann!! LOL

On 1/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

How different is the Maytrx from the Axys really?  New wtapper, same junk inside.

Don’t forget the bottom end of the 850 was redesigned. Axys 850=fusion 900 2.o

Edited by Nanner

so like I said, it must be pretty common failure if the dealer had the hose in stock.

Also hearing a lot of chain tensioner failures, somthing about being plastic where the bolt pushes against....

poo.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, krom said:

so like I said, it must be pretty common failure if the dealer had the hose in stock.

Also hearing a lot of chain tensioner failures, somthing about being plastic where the bolt pushes against....

poo.jpg

Still Facebook creeping again I see.  :lol:

• Like 1

I am seeing a lot of pics where the chain case was completely bone dry. Why are dealers or new owners not catching that stuff? It's bad enough that Polaris is missing it, but the dealer and the owner too?

My chain case was down about 4 oz, which I am hearing has been pretty common for years. 

Outside of that, I am now pushing 600 miles. No issues since the hose warranty repair....

I was out riding the lake tonight and noticed how narrow the spread is on that headlight. It works great on the trail, but out in an open area, you have very little peripheral lighting.

OH BTW- I don't care what Polaris's marketing propaganda says, compared to a Procross, or a new MX-Z, the Matryx chassis is cold. I will be needing a grandpa windshield. I am in no way able to ride in the same cold temps on this sled, that I am on my wife's ZR8000, or tonight on my buddy's MX-Z. Temps were around zero tonight, and I got damn cold. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I am seeing a lot of pics where the chain case was completely bone dry. Why are dealers or new owners not catching that stuff? It's bad enough that Polaris is missing it, but the dealer and the owner too?

My chain case was down about 4 oz, which I am hearing has been pretty common for years. 

Outside of that, I am now pushing 600 miles. No issues since the hose warranty repair....

I was out riding the lake tonight and noticed how narrow the spread is on that headlight. It works great on the trail, but out in an open area, you have very little peripheral lighting.

OH BTW- I don't care what Polaris's marketing propaganda says, compared to a Procross, or a new MX-Z, the Matryx chassis is cold. I will be needing a grandpa windshield. I am in no way able to ride in the same cold temps on this sled, that I am on my wife's ZR8000, or tonight on my buddy's MX-Z. Temps were around zero tonight, and I got damn cold. 

so this is bullshit?  maybe you aren't sitting inside the air bubble:lol:

The first time you see a MATRYX you will notice a sled with more refined styling yet still retains the Indy wedge look of the 90’s. It is clearly a Polaris, but different. One key difference is how the MATRYX is 5” narrower at the rider interface. The sculpted side panels fall away from the rider’s knees to give you more room and do not hold you back. The side panels flare up and out with new wind deflectors that create an air bubble around the rider and provide excellent rider protection, which AXYS was lacking. The added wind protection  is immediately noticeable in cold conditions (we had -18 degrees F one morning to validate this).
https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2021-polaris-matryx/

welcome to the big ass windshield club  :)

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/windshields/

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Ziemann said:

Attach8312_20220106_142444.jpg

Attach8311_20220106_142444.jpg

Looks like a normal size windshield from here.  Adjust to the 'air bubble'  :lol2:

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

What windshiled do you have on it, Bryan?  Is it the stock "credit card" sized one or did you at least go with the mid windshield (and now need the taller one)?

Page 2

See above

• Like 1

15 hours ago, krom said:

poo.jpg

Are you still seeing pictures of blown up 840's on facebook or are they bulletproof now?:snack:

7 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Are you still seeing pictures of blown up 840's on facebook or are they bulletproof now?:snack:

Still blowing up, but since poo issued a stop riding notice, i', guessing they will taper off

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@krom's excited ... it's just like the old days in the HCS General Forum!! :lol2:

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

was so excited for him to break the news like the old days... :sad:

It made my day, was a little bummed to see it posted here first

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bontz said:

What windshiled do you have on it, Bryan?  Is it the stock "credit card" sized one or did you at least go with the mid windshield (and now need the taller one)?

I went with the mid. You sit way far back behind it. I rode down the lake tonight in -12 temps. I was wearing my Motorfist gear and a Mission helmet. I did much better tonight. But, this is still a damn cold sled. It protects your lower body, but my hands and upper chest/ head are not protected. A Grandpa windshield is in my future......

8 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I went with the mid. You sit way far back behind it. I rode down the lake tonight in -12 temps. I was wearing my Motorfist gear and a Mission helmet. I did much better tonight. But, this is still a damn cold sled. It protects your lower body, but my hands and upper chest/ head are not protected. A Grandpa windshield is in my future......

Is that windshield doing what I think it is ... the wind is deflected right into your upper chest/neck area?

On 1/25/2022 at 5:05 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

so this is bullshit?  maybe you aren't sitting inside the air bubble:lol:

The first time you see a MATRYX you will notice a sled with more refined styling yet still retains the Indy wedge look of the 90’s. It is clearly a Polaris, but different. One key difference is how the MATRYX is 5” narrower at the rider interface. The sculpted side panels fall away from the rider’s knees to give you more room and do not hold you back. The side panels flare up and out with new wind deflectors that create an air bubble around the rider and provide excellent rider protection, which AXYS was lacking. The added wind protection  is immediately noticeable in cold conditions (we had -18 degrees F one morning to validate this).
https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2021-polaris-matryx/

welcome to the big ass windshield club  :)

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/windshields/

Air bubble?  Cat had that 10 years ago and it actually worked not just pr propaganda

86B58A54-56A5-4FEB-A896-4543E9FA8244.thumb.jpeg.86272c9281e71769bfc4cec84c835525.jpeg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And if you ride gay enough to use that.....you buy a Cat.  In this case the ugliest chassis ever built.  

IDK about you but if I had access to that thing I'd totally drive it around on occasion just for the chuckle factor.  

• Like 1