Calling on @ziemann ... attention Ziemann!! LOL

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No one with a newer cat can comment on the gauge, ours is like a manual typewriter.  

Now if you want to talk about the playstation some of them rave about, which makes the sled better (?) have at em 

:lol:

I just hammered out a quick 50 miles loop on trails like this, no gauge, no map, scratchers down, the sweet smell of Klotz and a shit eating grin.

IMG_20220115_144922615_HDR.jpg

Looks like my kinda trail!  Nothing screams "ADRENALINE!" like heading toward a corner with the throttle pinched knowing if you fuck it up, you'll need your sled fitted for a wheelchair and some type of voice control.  "But...MUh HypERSleD DoEZ 100 MpH!!!"  Good grief.....just get out of the way.  :lol: 

15 hours ago, Nanner said:

I bet the ladies were all over you in the bar until they realized you run a cat. 

They usually hear us coming and start to form a gaggle outside.  

23 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

How different is the Maytrx from the Axys really?  New wtapper, same junk inside.

Newer than a current PC is over a ‘12 PC. 

“Look at us! We have new front suspension and plastics!! Does anyone want to check out our new CLEAN 800 engine that we waited forever for? It will cook your lunch AND it’s own pistons!” 

You Madcatters are so cute! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Looks like my kinda trail!  Nothing screams "ADRENALINE!" like heading toward a corner with the throttle pinched knowing if you fuck it up, you'll need your sled fitted for a wheelchair and some type of voice control.  "But...MUh HypERSleD DoEZ 100 MpH!!!"  Good grief.....just get out of the way.  :lol: 

lot of 20-50mph stuff I enjoy zipping through around here, if one wants 'pin it to the bar for miles trails' we have some of them close to home as well but I find no thrill in that.  there's nothing I enjoy more than catching crews on big bores in the woods and the looks on their faces when they realize a little 500 and solo rider caught them and is going to pass them at the first opportunity.  that said, I've toned it down quite a bit since getting a lifetime prescription for blood thinners.       

on a separate note, did you get onboard the Floracing plan?  there's been a few interesting tech talk tidbits.  Apparently the Warnert Team (which is kicking ass) changes out their skis for each round as they 'get out of shape'.  next time I have mine off the trailer where it's warm I'm going to lay a straight edge on them.

https://www.floracing.com/collections/6752036-interviews/video?playing=7319938

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No one with a newer cat can comment on the gauge, ours is like a manual typewriter.  

Now if you want to talk about the playstation some of them rave about, which makes the sled better (?) have at em 

I just hammered out a quick 50 miles loop on trails like this, no gauge, no map, scratchers down, the sweet smell of Klotz and a shit eating grin.

IMG_20220115_144922615_HDR.jpg

At least you’re fucking riding. It’s so thin at our place, and most of the Midwest is currently in the UP, that I’m sitting on my ass during my three day weekend off. 

Serious question though, why the scratchers? Looks like semi loose snow and no ice base. :dunno:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lot of 20-50mph stuff I enjoy zipping through around here, if one wants 'pin it to the bar for miles trails' we have some of them close to home as well but I find no thrill in that.  there's nothing I enjoy more than catching crews on big bores in the woods and the looks on their faces when they realize a little 500 and solo rider caught them and is going to pass them at the first opportunity.  that said, I've toned it down quite a bit since getting a lifetime prescription for blood thinners.       

on a separate note, did you get onboard the Floracing plan?  there's been a few interesting tech talk tidbits.  Apparently the Warnert Team (which is kicking ass) changes out their skis for each round as they 'get out of shape'.  next time I have mine off the trailer where it's warm I'm going to lay a straight edge on them.

https://www.floracing.com/collections/6752036-interviews/video?playing=7319938

No, sadly, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks with some projects.  I'm lucky to get out and spin the track every now and then but, that's about it.  My intent was to be trackside at all or most of these events a few weeks back then, shit hit the fan and my schedule booked up.  I want to be able to dive back into the racing stuff come next month though.

Interesting on the ski info.  I never thought of that.

7 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

At least you’re fucking riding. It’s so thin at our place, and most of the Midwest is currently in the UP, that I’m sitting on my ass during my three day weekend off. 

Serious question though, why the scratchers? Looks like semi loose snow and no ice base. :dunno:

it was -17 Friday night as a low, 15 or 16 when I was riding and the snow in that little area it was a bit looser.  everything else, wasn't, and that sled doesn't have a temp gauge, just a 'too fucking hot' icon that might flash.  scratchers are cheap insurance so why risk it?  we need another good 4"+ of sticky snow.

best part, the trail head is five minutes from my front door.  no need to ride the stuff beaten down and destroyed by the citiots from IL, IA and southern Wisco that go riding 'up north'.  keep driving morons, there's nothing to see here in central Wisconsin.  :lol:    

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, sadly, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks with some projects.  I'm lucky to get out and spin the track every now and then but, that's about it.  My intent was to be trackside at all or most of these events a few weeks back then, shit hit the fan and my schedule booked up.  I want to be able to dive back into the racing stuff come next month though.

Interesting on the ski info.  I never thought of that.

are you and @fortune46x having a 'who can put the least miles on a new RXC' competition this winter?

winter is short man, you gotta' take advantage of it these days when there's ridable conditions.

what's funny is a few weeks back you, I and @mnstang were laughing about not selling the C&A's when you sell your sled.  idk how a SX track for a couple hours is harder on them than some of the shit I put a pair through in a season, but now it has me curious to look.  if this is true, imagine what happens to a flimsy stock ski?  oh wait, I know how that gets fixed, cardboard spindle to ski shims and Bergstrom triple points.  :lol:  

10 hours ago, Ziemann said:

And stale Pabst Blue Ribbon and Cat pee.....

Is there anything that's a better aphrodisiac than Klotz?

Right!  When I try to get a little and she says I’m tired. I bust out the candle and boom, panties dropping. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it was -17 Friday night as a low, 15 or 16 when I was riding and the snow in that little area it was a bit looser.  everything else, wasn't, and that sled doesn't have a temp gauge, just a 'too fucking hot' icon that might flash.  scratchers are cheap insurance so why risk it?  we need another good 4"+ of sticky snow.

best part, the trail head is five minutes from my front door.  no need to ride the stuff beaten down and destroyed by the citiots from IL, IA and southern Wisco that go riding 'up north'.  keep driving morons, there's nothing to see here in central Wisconsin.  :lol:    

are you and @fortune46x having a 'who can put the least miles on a new RXC' competition this winter?

winter is short man, you gotta' take advantage of it these days when there's ridable conditions.

what's funny is a few weeks back you, I and @mnstang were laughing about not selling the C&A's when you sell your sled.  idk how a SX track for a couple hours is harder on them than some of the shit I put a pair through in a season, but now it has me curious to look.  if this is true, imagine what happens to a flimsy stock ski?  oh wait, I know how that gets fixed, cardboard spindle to ski shims and Bergstrom triple points.  :lol:  

He probably got beat by a 95 xlt. I would be ashamed to ride too. 

Edited by Nanner
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nanner said:

Seen on the news, someone hit a Culver’s. Zam, are you up to your old shenanigans?

30C95A8E-E6BE-4C45-99D5-E36C42B3589E.jpeg

My "Culvers affair" was around 5 years ago but, you boys on the intrawebs keep it fresh!  I love it!  

What a fucking abortion that was though.  Fuck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I get that but around Michigan, if it’s not an ice base, running scratchers will just fill your skid with sand/dirt, rocks, etc. I hate running my scratchers down on any sled but it’s a necessary evil sometimes on my RMK. I thought about tossing a set on my Indy just in case but again, I hate having to run them. Plus, I’m not drilling holes in the rails of that skid just to install them. 

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

came home after I was told " we have great snow" to find out we in fact do not have great snow. Mine is still sitting in the corner of my shop bone ass stock - if its not moved feb 1st itll be on the market.

need to get the 800 together. I really want to put a supercharger on it to just do it ...

32 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I get that but around Michigan, if it’s not an ice base, running scratchers will just fill your skid with sand/dirt, rocks, etc. I hate running my scratchers down on any sled but it’s a necessary evil sometimes on my RMK. I thought about tossing a set on my Indy just in case but again, I hate having to run them. Plus, I’m not drilling holes in the rails of that skid just to install them. 

1" or so of fresh stuff this morning.

9 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

came home after I was told " we have great snow" to find out we in fact do not have great snow. Mine is still sitting in the corner of my shop bone ass stock - if its not moved feb 1st itll be on the market.

need to get the 800 together. I really want to put a supercharger on it to just do it ...

Get the F up here.

IMG_20220116_140857069_HDR.jpg

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's nothing I enjoy more than catching crews on big bores in the woods and the looks on their faces when they realize a little 500 and solo rider caught them and is going to pass them at the first opportunity.

Easy to have that feeling now.  Went out Saturday and everytime I was "on trail" within minutes had someone to a pass.  Mostly rode ditch, but since I am so close to the cities some of it is designated trail.  So many slow asses so far this year.  

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Easy to have that feeling now.  Went out Saturday and everytime I was "on trail" within minutes had someone to a pass.  Mostly rode ditch, but since I am so close to the cities some of it is designated trail.  So many slow asses so far this year.  

One good thing about riding local is that we're fortunate not to have many downstate tourists and weekend warriors here to contend with.  

I'll be doing a full review on my '22 Polaris VR1 here at some point. I hit the 500 mile mark today with a ride up to Iron River and Barnes. I am getting this sled really dialed in, and my confidence is growing. I am able to keep up now really well with aggressive riders, and will continue to zero in on the handling as I put more miles on. 

Some observations- The handling on these sleds MUST be fine tuned to meet your needs. The worst thing you can do is leave it "stock" and not adjust it. OR, have everything too tight. I started WAY too tight on EVERYTHING, and that was a big mistake. Use all of the travel in this suspension, and you'll be happy. The WE Velocity shocks are position sensitive, so you have to let them do their job. 

Start with all shocks turned all the way to "0" (counter clockwise). I currently have the main suspension shock 4 clicks in. The center shock (front suspension shock) 3 clicks in. The spring on that shock is also adjusted. I am sitting 1 3/4" from the bottom of the threads to the bottom of the adjusting collar. This is giving me reasonable weight transfer and still providing bite in the corners from the carbides. The 2 front shocks are currently 3 clicks in. I still have more inside ski lift than I like, but where it is now is very predictable and acceptable. 

I was getting silly amounts of wear at the front of the carbides and front of the skis. I shimmed both skis, and my wear is much more even. I also noticed a decrease in push in the corners. Frankly, Studboy Shaper bars may be enough to get it to handle like I want. BUT, if you're an aggressive rider, you're going to want a more aggressive ski set up. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I'll be doing a full review on my '22 Polaris VR1 here at some point. I hit the 500 mile mark today with a ride up to Iron River and Barnes. I am getting this sled really dialed in, and my confidence is growing. I am able to keep up now really well with aggressive riders, and will continue to zero in on the handling as I put more miles on. 

Some observations- The handling on these sleds MUST be fine tuned to meet your needs. The worst thing you can do is leave it "stock" and not adjust it. OR, have everything too tight. I started WAY too tight on EVERYTHING, and that was a big mistake. Use all of the travel in this suspension, and you'll be happy. The WE Velocity shocks are position sensitive, so you have to let them do their job. 

Start with all shocks turned all the way to "0" (counter clockwise). I currently have the main suspension shock 4 clicks in. The center shock (front suspension shock) 3 clicks in. The spring on that shock is also adjusted. I am sitting 1 3/4" from the bottom of the threads to the bottom of the adjusting collar. This is giving me reasonable weight transfer and still providing bite in the corners from the carbides. The 2 front shocks are currently 3 clicks in. I still have more inside ski lift than I like, but where it is now is very predictable and acceptable. 

I was getting silly amounts of wear at the front of the carbides and front of the skis. I shimmed both skis, and my wear is much more even. I also noticed a decrease in push in the corners. Frankly, Studboy Shaper bars may be enough to get it to handle like I want. BUT, if you're an aggressive rider, you're going to want a more aggressive ski set up. 

Glad you are getting it dialed in nicely!  :bc:

• Like 1