Calling on @ziemann ... attention Ziemann!! LOL

HAPPY ENDING! Ahhhhhh......

Alrighty- I called Duluth Lawn & Sport at 0900. I dropped it off at 1100. They called me at 1500. And I loaded it back on my trailer at 1630. You can't beat that kind of service. I love this dealer and they have bent over backwards to take care of me. 

Problem: Lower coolant hose was making contact with the starter mounting bracket and wore a hole through the hose. They replaced the hose, and properly restrained it so that it doesn't reoccur. They looked for other wire/hose wear issues while they had it tore down. 

So, as expected, it was a simple problem with a simple fix. 5 of us are riding tomorrow and I'll spend the day doing some additional fine tuning. 

I installed a Powermadd 4" riser tonight and that should help improve my riding position.

I'm still on the fence about ordering a Grandpa windshield, and a set of Sly Dog skis...... 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Alrighty- I called Duluth Lawn & Sport at 0900. I dropped it off at 1100. They called me at 1500. And I loaded it back on my trailer at 1630. You can't beat that kind of service. I love this dealer and they have bent over backwards to take care of me. 

Problem: Lower coolant hose was making contact with the starter mounting bracket and wore a hole through the hose. They replaced the hose, and properly restrained it so that it doesn't reoccur. They looked for other wire/hose wear issues while they had it tore down. 

So, as expected, it was a simple problem with a simple fix. 5 of us are riding tomorrow and I'll spend the day doing some additional fine tuning. 

I installed a Powermadd 4" riser tonight and that should help improve my riding position.

I'm still on the fence about ordering a Grandpa windshield, and a set of Sly Dog skis...... 

Ooof.  Sounds like it may be a model problem.  We’ll see when more get completed and delivered.

Pete is good people.  :bc:

Glad to hear they got you up and going again with a quick turnaround, @Ziemann.  I guess I'll have to make sure I ask the guy setting up my sled to take a peek at that (I know him well & he will treat this sled like it's his).  Hopefully nothing more than a Friday build with a lack of QC vs. something awry with the assembly process.

On 1/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, Ziemann said:

Oh....and the back story?

To protect the engine, it shuts down when it over heats. Even if your in the process of crossing a slush hole on Lake St. Croix.

So yeah, my picker factor was high as it was sitting in slush. Fortunately, it started right back up and I was able to ride it up on to an ice road to let it cool.

Lucky there was ice under that slush hole, that fucker could've drown you...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ziemann said:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ooof.  Sounds like it may be a model problem.  We’ll see when more get completed and delivered.

Pete is good people.  :bc:

Must be pretty common if they have that hose in stock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, only so many places that hose can run if it’s right by the starter mounts.  My guess: many more of these are coming.  Eeesh.

I don't know what's gonna happen on this ... either it's legit and will end up being a TSB to get sleds in and fixed, or Bryan's sled was a Friday (or Monday hangover) build with something getting missed.  I have a shout out to a buddy of mine who works at the dealership I'm going through, to see if he can tell - or has seen this - on the stuff he's been working on.  I know he will for sure be looking closely at mine ... when it shows up :news:

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I don't know what's gonna happen on this ... either it's legit and will end up being a TSB to get sleds in and fixed, or Bryan's sled was a Friday (or Monday hangover) build with something getting missed.  I have a shout out to a buddy of mine who works at the dealership I'm going through, to see if he can tell - or has seen this - on the stuff he's been working on.  I know he will for sure be looking closely at mine ... when it shows up :news:

I’m guessing some type of hose guard was left off?

id say hose not twisted on water pump correctly.it comes off pump then across engine next to starter motor bracket.

usually they have mark on hose for correct orientation.

must be rubbing hard to go that fast!!!

Edited by X2700

I've read a couple more reports of the same issue with wear on that coolant hose on HCS. It'll be interesting to see if a TSB is issued for the 650's......

My date of manufacture was 8/26.

Edited by Ziemann

7 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I've read a couple more reports of the same issue with wear on that coolant hose on HCS. It'll be interesting to see if a TSB is issued for the 650's......

My date of manufacture was 8/26.

Maybe the coolant leak is intentional, to stop them from catching fire.  

:dunno:

• Haha 1