Calling on @ziemann ... attention Ziemann!! LOL

UPDATES:

-Headed on another ride tomorrow morning. I'll be playing with the coupler blocks. I think I would also prefer that it couple sooner. 

-It sounds like on HCS, people are starting the Velocity shocks 3 clicks from full soft, and increasing the compression setting from there. That is completely different than the baseline settings in the owners manual. On my sled, every single shock had a different compression setting (even left versus right side). 

-I located the USB cable for updating the 7S display! Instead of it being threaded through a hole inside of the storage compartment so that it is accessible, someone just left it hanging with the rest of the wiring harness behind the display. Looks like someone did an incorrect installation at the dealership. I took care of that issue. They also cross threaded one of the fasteners that holds the 7S display to the dash. I am guessing that it was the same moron that didn't know where to route the USB cable. Both easily fixed....

-Ahh...and she was about 4 OZ low on chain case fluid. 

Most of the sled is setup perfect. But, I am finding a few items here and there that were missed on the pre-delivery inspection....all minor. 

The chaincase level being 4oz low has been BAU for the better part of the last 10 years I think .... frustrating, but easy to address.  I always give my dealer a heads up prior to me showing up, to make sure that's looked at because I'll be making them go through that portion of the PDI.  For the clickers, yep ... baseline recommendation for quite a while now has been to move them to 2 clicks from soft and adjust from there.  Not your first rodeo with suspension setup so you'll get it dialed in quickly, I'm sure.

Glad to hear your headlights are looking better now with the condensation issue going away, and also getting your USB cable routed correctly.  Get some more miles on that buggy and let us know whatcha think!!

14 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The chaincase level being 4oz low has been BAU for the better part of the last 10 years I think .... frustrating, but easy to address.  I always give my dealer a heads up prior to me showing up, to make sure that's looked at because I'll be making them go through that portion of the PDI.  For the clickers, yep ... baseline recommendation for quite a while now has been to move them to 2 clicks from soft and adjust from there.  Not your first rodeo with suspension setup so you'll get it dialed in quickly, I'm sure.

Glad to hear your headlights are looking better now with the condensation issue going away, and also getting your USB cable routed correctly.  Get some more miles on that buggy and let us know whatcha think!!

Just an FYI if the chain case is completely empty and you fill it per the service manual as far as ounces of oil it will not be topped off and flow out of the fill hole.  I always top it off anyway.

27 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

UPDATES:

-Headed on another ride tomorrow morning. I'll be playing with the coupler blocks. I think I would also prefer that it couple sooner. 

-It sounds like on HCS, people are starting the Velocity shocks 3 clicks from full soft, and increasing the compression setting from there. That is completely different than the baseline settings in the owners manual. On my sled, every single shock had a different compression setting (even left versus right side). 

-I located the USB cable for updating the 7S display! Instead of it being threaded through a hole inside of the storage compartment so that it is accessible, someone just left it hanging with the rest of the wiring harness behind the display. Looks like someone did an incorrect installation at the dealership. I took care of that issue. They also cross threaded one of the fasteners that holds the 7S display to the dash. I am guessing that it was the same moron that didn't know where to route the USB cable. Both easily fixed....

Most of the sled is setup perfect. But, I am finding a few items here and there that were missed on the pre-delivery inspection....all minor. 

Ziemann did you shim the skis?  Would recommend it if nothing else to even out the carbide wear.

@Bontz Any updates on your sled??

Not yet on shimming @Doug. I am going to see what my baseline wear looks like. I'll shim once I see what the wear looks like.

I am thinking that the corner push will be easy to fix. 

I ordered a PowerMadd 4" riser yesterday. That will allow me to sit a little bit further back. I am feeling a little cramped in that seating position with the stock VR1 riser. 

I'll be playing with weight transfer tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Ziemann said:

@Bontz Any updates on your sled??

Not yet on shimming @Doug. I am going to see what my baseline wear looks like. I'll shim once I see what the wear looks like.

I am thinking that the corner push will be easy to fix. 

I ordered a PowerMadd 4" riser yesterday. That will allow me to sit a little bit further back. I am feeling a little cramped in that seating position with the stock VR1 riser. 

I'll be playing with weight transfer tomorrow.

Your going to find the carbides will wear the front of the carbides if the skis are not shimmed.  I have a print of the shim if you need to make some let me know. Very ease. Is the sled studded?

We're heading up tomorrow for the weekend.  Still don't have my XCR 😬

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Your going to find the carbides will wear the front of the carbides if the skis are not shimmed.  I have a print of the shim if you need to make some let me know. Very ease. Is the sled studded?

We're heading up tomorrow for the weekend.  Still don't have my XCR 😬

137" Ice Ripper Track. 

Did you make the shims I assume? I'm assuming small wedges?

3 hours ago, Ziemann said:

UPDATES:

The clickers are going to do very little other fine tune the thing in. Ride height, weight transfer and ski pressure like any other snowmobile will make the biggest difference. Remember when the cat rr had evol x and clicker shocks? people on hcs bitched they couldn’t make them handle because they were obsessed with air pressures and clicker settings vs actually setting the chassis up for their weight. Cat fix the problem by taking all of that away on the rr. The vr1 is no different. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:00 AM, sleepybrew said:

big issue with general motors as well, and they tell you it's normal. then i get them with 2 inches of water in them. not normal and does it pass inspection? newer pickup tail lights are 700.00 . moisture in them as well

Got that on my 2018 Tundra tail lights. Told the service guy that i was very impressed that Toyota had introduced water cooled tail lights. Got em replaced FOC

@Ziemann - still waiting here, unfortunately.  I was told my sled is built, and waiting on shipping - but I seem to have read that from multiple people & they've been waiting for over a month.  I'm supposed to be headed up north next week, and the following weekend too, so I'm hoping for a belated Christmas Miracle LOL

On the ski shim topic ... easiest way to see if it's needed, or not, is to put your sled on a lift or at least get the front end off the ground.  If the skis are pointing downwards (which I bet they are), you'll wanna shim it.  I had Bergstrom's at one point and kept the shims but they went with my 2019 XC ... so my 2021, I just cut down an old piece of hyfax to fit between the rubber boot and ski.  I'm sure you can/will get it shimmed, but if you have questions just ask here.

How long has Polaris not had their skis shimmed 'properly'?  You Polaris guys and those Bergstrom triple points make me lol almost as much as the Yamatards and their Snow Trackers.  Toss those shit stock skis in the attic, bolt on some quality aftermarket skis with proper shims, a good pair of carbides, align and send it. 

Bubble gum, band aids and duct tape.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

@Ziemann - still waiting here, unfortunately.  I was told my sled is built, and waiting on shipping - but I seem to have read that from multiple people & they've been waiting for over a month.  I'm supposed to be headed up north next week, and the following weekend too, so I'm hoping for a belated Christmas Miracle LOL

On the ski shim topic ... easiest way to see if it's needed, or not, is to put your sled on a lift or at least get the front end off the ground.  If the skis are pointing downwards (which I bet they are), you'll wanna shim it.  I had Bergstrom's at one point and kept the shims but they went with my 2019 XC ... so my 2021, I just cut down an old piece of hyfax to fit between the rubber boot and ski.  I'm sure you can/will get it shimmed, but if you have questions just ask here.

I though on FB you said you rode Sawyer Co? Borrowed sled?

I've shimmed most of my sleds in the past- almost all CATs. I use some old bump stops that I had cut down as shims. I like the hyfax idea. I wasn't a fan of the Cat skis, but I found that the Ski-Doo Pilot 5.7 skis were a decent compromise and provided decent turning w/ Shaper bars and still remained relatively easy to steer. I had to shim all of those with a wedge to get them flat. 

19 minutes ago, racerdave said:

That Mike Lowe thread from last night & him bitching about Sawyer County trail marking?  No, I haven't been up there yet this season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, racerdave said:

Negative- just Douglas and Bayfield County so far this year. Outside of trail work on the Club's Skandic, I only have 3 rides in so far. I took delivery of my VR1 middle of last week.

Just now, Ziemann said:

I saw but didn't read the rant about Sawyer's marking. What was his beef?

Some schmuck who couldn't navigate the Chippewa Flowage, and was too dumb to have a map on hand.  He was blaming the trail intersection signs for not having the trail number or a "N" or "S" but rather the bars/resorts names.  If I didn't know any better, I'd have guessed the guy was drunk on a Wednesday night posting that shit.

• Like 1

Crispy. Powdery...

That tiny seat give me a cold ass. I think I also need a grandpa windshield... .

Floats beautifully through the cold powder. 

Between Barnes and Iron River. The deep powder is very spotty. 

So far, I am liking this sled. It does have some quirks.....

Attach8312_20220106_142444.jpg

Attach8311_20220106_142444.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 10:22 AM, Bontz said:

Some schmuck who couldn't navigate the Chippewa Flowage, and was too dumb to have a map on hand.  He was blaming the trail intersection signs for not having the trail number or a "N" or "S" but rather the bars/resorts names.  If I didn't know any better, I'd have guessed the guy was drunk on a Wednesday night posting that shit.

Sounds like a person on this forum....

@Crnr2Crnr

:whistle:

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Crispy. Powdery...

That tiny seat give me a cold ass. I think I also need a grandpa windshield... .

Floats beautifully through the cold powder. 

Between Barnes and Iron River. The deep powder is very spotty. 

So far, I am liking this sled. It does have some quirks.....

Attach8312_20220106_142444.jpg

Attach8311_20220106_142444.jpg

Iron River Wisconsin or Michigan ?