For anyone on the fence about going to Canterbury for SX next weekend...

Canterbury is my home race. Haven't missed it in years.  Will be there both nights if anyone wants to catch up. 

@fortune46x what do I have to do to stand on the starting line and not get asked to move this year?  Last year Friday night it was fine but they caught onto me Saturday night.  Had a pit pass even!

On 1/3/2022 at 12:20 PM, teamgreen02 said:

Canterbury is my home race. Haven't missed it in years.  Will be there both nights if anyone wants to catch up. 

@fortune46x what do I have to do to stand on the starting line and not get asked to move this year?  Last year Friday night it was fine but they caught onto me Saturday night.  Had a pit pass even!

I mean no one is supposed to be on the other side of the tech trailer on the track side, youd be better off on the goose neck side of the tech trailer. then you see the start and then the best view of the front stretch 

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I mean no one is supposed to be on the other side of the tech trailer on the track side, youd be better off on the goose neck side of the tech trailer. then you see the start and then the best view of the front stretch 

so hanging with the tech inspector and some team mechanics with foam course markers flying at you during the finals isn't 'ideal'?

duly noted 

:lol: 

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so hanging with the tech inspector and some team mechanics with foam course markers flying at you during the finals isn't 'ideal'?

duly noted 

Sounds like a good time to me!  The sound and then the smell of race fuel is intoxicating. 

I like watching the mechanics and the riders get the sleds setup and ready to launch.  So much of the race is decided with the holeshot. 

Usually I try to be down by the pits to watch a couple hole shots in the heat race.  Then I head up towards the upper level overlooking the first part of the front straight.  Also the outdoor bar on the end of the front straight is a good spot.

My wife used to work at Canterbury for years so we would get to use some of the 3rd floor tables if she knew who was working.

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

duly noted 

yeahhh we got yelled at for having people in those areas ... oops. 

14 hours ago, Not greg b said:

What is going to be the controversy this year? Snow flaps again?

The phonecall finger pointing has already started. its dumb. 

• Haha 1