***OFFICIAL*** 2023 arctic cat discussion thread!!!!!!

Rod

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The 7s is a winner...the PIDD Gauge on my SB Assault is hard to read and it would be nice to see a Cat/Garmin partnership. I’ve owned more than a few Cats over the years and would gladly go back.👊🏻🇺🇸

The 7s is the bomb. I use the gps map all the time. I set it up last time to track what we did for 3 days so I have some loops in there to follow. Also nice to be able to hit all the side trails and still know exactly where you are. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The 7s is the bomb. I use the gps map all the time. I set it up last time to track what we did for 3 days so I have some loops in there to follow. Also nice to be able to hit all the side trails and still know exactly where you are. 

I wish there was a way to retrofit one on my sled as I love riding two tracks and forest service roads.

7S really is awesome.   Doos attempt to compete last year was weak,  while mapping on both is/was trash here where the display is on the Polaris is 100x better than Doo.  No idea why when they spent years with glovebox ext being added they didn't integrate the display there. 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

7S really is awesome.   Doos attempt to compete last year was weak,  while mapping on both is/was trash here where the display is on the Polaris is 100x better than Doo.  No idea why when they spent years with glovebox ext being added they didn't integrate the display there. 

Polaris has been dumping millions a yr at ride comand working with clubs fir yrs with ride conand . Working with trusted guys on mapping legal trails etc . Will take a long time for doo to catch up.  I know if there is a tail rerout in my parts I can make a call and have it on RC in a day . 

Also if you guys are club guys you can sell bars gas restaurants ride comand pins and Polaris will just let you keep the $$$

I know if a bar gets ahold of them they will try to tell them to call a club to buy space from the club . I just saw Joe do it last week on FB lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Fyi if your clubs maps don't match up to Rc in your parts and you don't know how to deal with it PM me and you can e mail me a pdf of your clubs and where RC is wrong and I can get it to the right people to fix it 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 7:40 AM, Mainecat said:

Like I said but I would add way the fuck overpriced.

My RR at $13,700 in 2020 was a great value. Now that exact same sled but a 2022 is 18k. At that price I’d say nah. 

36 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I got $20 that says the 2023 Cats get delivered before my 2022 Poo  :lol:

Oh, I don’t think so but, by then, you would have long abandoned your poo, taken your money back and your dealer will slap and xtra $5k to the sticker once it hits their showroom floor.

• 1 month later...

New... fucking everything.

Why are all these snowmachine threads in the CE @ckf?

I mean, ace is a retard and all but I would think snowmobile threads should be in the snowmobile forums.  This site won't get any better or gain traffic if it's buried in the political forum.  Jmo, fwiw

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

New... fucking everything.

Why are all these snowmachine threads in the CE @ckf?

I mean, ace is a retard and all but I would think snowmobile threads should be in the snowmobile forums.  This site won't get any better or gain traffic if it's buried in the political forum.  Jmo, fwiw

Thank you friend you’re a retard too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thought maybe there would be some info at least on what Cat won't be bringing for 2023 but instead it was just a lot of talk about Doo again.

Here goes.... This is what Cat won't be bringing for 23'

1.  A new chassis or even the old chassis with a new number pasted into the spec sheet.  They fired all the marketing bunnies so nobody left knows how to even do this.

2.  A new engine of any kind.  Just more work getting that 800 ctec the way it should have been working 7 years ago.  

3.  A gauge from this millennium.  But black and white atari games are all the rage these days so charge more and sell it as nostalgia.  But again, marketing bunnies are gone.

4.  New graphics or colors.   They fired the guys that knew how to draw up a few stickers and source some updated paint for the plastics, or even know how to paint plastic.

That's four guesses for starters..... 

3 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Thought maybe there would be some info at least on what Cat won't be bringing for 2023 but instead it was just a lot of talk about Doo again.

1.  A new chassis or even the old chassis with a new number pasted into the spec sheet.  They fired all the marketing bunnies so nobody left knows how to even do this.

2.  A new engine of any kind.  Just more work getting that 800 ctec the way it should have been working 7 years ago.  

3.  A gauge from this millennium.  But black and white atari games are all the rage these days so charge more and sell it as nostalgia.  But again, marketing bunnies are gone.

4.  New graphics or colors.   They fired the guys that knew how to draw up a few stickers and source some updated paint for the plastics, or even know how to paint plastic.

AI can just sell more wraps.

Everything else, yeah... I'm not hopeful

9 minutes ago, jdsky said:

a new chassis these days is just a little different plastics 

yes a new motor. A 180 hp 900 would be awesome 

the gauge is crap. Never was a fan. Looks like a 90’s timex. I liked the analog gauge better 

and fuck yes on graphics. And colours. They looked so good in the F7 and CFR years. This Rubbermaid grey shit has seriously got to go 

I’m pretty angry at cat. If the 2022 thundercat didn’t have such Shitty colours I probably would have ordered one instead of this gutless Mach Z 

the 2022 cats look like something a toothless hillbilly bought from Walmart to store their meth in

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jdsky said:

The bar is so fucking low for Cat right now all they really need to do for 23' is source some modern shiny plastic in decent Cat colors, slap some graphics on them and they will gain back market share.

Agreed.  Refine the procross with some nice updates,  Keep the general look - because it's the best looking sled on the snow - but make it next gen looking.  I personally don't see how they don't come out with new/updated chassis for 2023.

1 minute ago, cats19 said:

Agreed.  Refine the procross with some nice updates,  Keep the general look - because it's the best looking sled on the snow - but make it next gen looking.  I personally don't see how they don't come out with new/updated chassis for 2023.

By modern standards it was a new chassis in 2018

I think new plastics, better graphics and a gps gauge would help them alot in sales. Everyone now wants all the high tech elctronic stuff plus lots of people are afraid of getting lost. The adventure of getting out and exploring is scary to them

3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I think new plastics, better graphics and a gps gauge would help them alot in sales. Everyone now wants all the high tech elctronic stuff plus lots of people are afraid of getting lost. The adventure of getting out and exploring is scary to them

They went smart on GPS and went with a Garmin that you can transfer form machine to machine. Way cheaper and being you can use it on more than your sled, way more useful. I personally love the looks of the Pro Cross. Best looking sled on snow. Calling the Matrix all new when it still is using the basic Indy chassis does not make it new in my eyes. Same for Doo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They went smart on GPS and went with a Garmin that you can transfer form machine to machine. Way cheaper and being you can use it on more than your sled, way more useful. I personally love the looks of the Pro Cross. Best looking sled on snow. Calling the Matrix all new when it still is using the basic Indy chassis does not make it new in my eyes. Same for Doo. 

By Polaris and ski doo standards, Arctic cat has had 2 new chassis since 2012

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

I agree on the garmin, they just need to make it look more like it's built into the sled not an add on. Iike my procross too, hated it at 1st but it's getting better. I ride with an assault that i like better than my rr but he's constantly having issues with it

16 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I agree on the garmin, they just need to make it look more like it's built into the sled not an add on. Iike my procross too, hated it at 1st but it's getting better. I ride with an assault that i like better than my rr but he's constantly having issues with it

With the Trail mount it looks like it is built in and it is also up nice and high above the gauge so it is always in site. Quick disconnect so it can be taken off the sled for the theft proof feeling.