***OFFICIAL*** 2023 arctic cat discussion thread!!!!!!

Rod

24 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well there you go Ace, you got the most knowledgeable person on the site on your side..:lol:

I feel bad for him. He used to be a decent troll but he’s gotten so lazy. Could be dementia like Biden idk 

• Like 2

See I was satisfied with the shitty cat gauge because doos gauge was almost worse. 90’s times looking mother fucker 

i guess doo still has that garbage can gauge and the nice one is like $900 more 

doubt cat is going to upgrade this year due to the shortages. 

a 900 2 stroke would intrigue me though. Has to be like 175-180 hp

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

I feel bad for him. He used to be a decent troll but he’s gotten so lazy. Could be dementia like Biden idk 

I'm guessing bored in retirement, sad TBH, he should be living life to the fullest, but here he is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm guessing bored in retirement, sad TBH, he should be living life to the fullest, but here he is

I don’t mind him being here but seriously Polaris 550’s posts are more interesting at this point 

• Like 1

The seat on the regular Riot - should go with the trail seat.  Also, should have a quick release and underseat storage rather than the zipper bag.  Also, let’s dispense with an ignition key on all models and use a tether with a unique ID.

Mechanically, I’m not going to be much help, I’ll need a lot more seat time.  

Just now, p51mstg said:

The seat on the regular Riot - should go with the trail seat.  Also, should have a quick release and underseat storage rather than the zipper bag.  Also, let’s dispense with an ignition key on all models and use a tether with a unique ID.

Mechanically, I’m not going to be much help, I’ll need a lot more seat time.  

I’ve never cared for ski doos dess system. complicated trash. I think the key system is the least of cats problems 

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Id just like to see some badass color schemes , maybe a new gauge but I agree the current one isnt even bad for a standard gauge. 

A 900 2 stroke , would be Cat's style to big boy Doo and Poo. Thatd be badass id buy one. 

24 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Id just like to see some badass color schemes , maybe a new gauge but I agree the current one isnt even bad for a standard gauge. 

A 900 2 stroke , would be Cat's style to big boy Doo and Poo. Thatd be badass id buy one. 

The current gauge is decent for a base gauge. It’s better than doos base gauge that thing is embarrassing 

but poo and doos premium gauges are niiiice now 

• Like 1

Is it too late for them to make a come back of any significant amount?

I wouldn't care if they made a 900 2 stroke. A lighter 4-stroke in the 150hp range I might look at.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd probably look at a Thundercat if they put a descent colour combo together.

But at this point I'm looking at a Doo for my next sled.

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

In one of the Arctic Insider articles he states they were preparing the 23s for a photoshoot while he was there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

In one of the Arctic Insider articles he states they were preparing the 23s for a photoshoot while he was there.

Probably just be NG. Not even BNG the way they’re going they might not even have G at all 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Is it too late for them to make a come back of any significant amount?

I wouldn't care if they made a 900 2 stroke. A lighter 4-stroke in the 150hp range I might look at.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd probably look at a Thundercat if they put a descent colour combo together.

But at this point I'm looking at a Doo for my next sled.

As long as the snow side of Cat is profitable, it’s never too late.  I remain positive on their future.

My job is in technology, I’m surrounded by it, I’m used to being on the cutting edge.  But, as I’m riding yesterday, I realized how effective the Cat gauge is.  As a couple of people have already said, Cat’s gauge is better than the stock gauge from competitors.  

I like the fact that they partnered with Garmin, and maybe they can get Garmin to come up with a multifunction display to compete with the Polaris 7s.  Polaris really has the gauge to beat, and Cat is not in a position to beat them.  But, there is one company who can - Garmin.  They’ve been in the aviation GPS mfd business a long time, and the Cat relationship may be a better deal than we can imagine at this time.

Again, I’m just not that good or that experienced on the mechanical side to offer anything constructive.  I don’t know how to make the slide action better, for example.  I defer to others on that side of things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, p51mstg said:

As long as the snow side of Cat is profitable, it’s never too late.  I remain positive on their future.

My job is in technology, I’m surrounded by it, I’m used to being on the cutting edge.  But, as I’m riding yesterday, I realized how effective the Cat gauge is.  As a couple of people have already said, Cat’s gauge is better than the stock gauge from competitors.  

I like the fact that they partnered with Garmin, and maybe they can get Garmin to come up with a multifunction display to compete with the Polaris 7s.  Polaris really has the gauge to beat, and Cat is not in a position to beat them.  But, there is one company who can - Garmin.  They’ve been in the aviation GPS mfd business a long time, and the Cat relationship may be a better deal than we can imagine at this time.

Again, I’m just not that good or that experienced on the mechanical side to offer anything constructive.  I don’t know how to make the slide action better, for example.  I defer to others on that side of things.

The 7s is a winner...the PIDD Gauge on my SB Assault is hard to read and it would be nice to see a Cat/Garmin partnership. I’ve owned more than a few Cats over the years and would gladly go back.👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 1