Just send it and nailed the landing

Was it his own garage?  It hit something very solid!

It seems like every year there's a video of a runaway sled and that's just the times it gets captured on video!

Last year there was on on mille lacs that went through a group of fishermen that could have easily killed many people, it was hauling ass!

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It seems like every year there's a video of a runaway sled and that's just the times it gets captured on video!

Last year there was on on mille lacs that went through a group of fishermen that could have easily killed many people, it was hauling ass!

I believe it was someone else's garage. Some of the comments on the original post said he had been riding it around with a hung throttle for awhile. 

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I believe it was someone else's garage. Some of the comments on the original post said he had been riding it around with a hung throttle for awhile. 

Smart.

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

m

o

r

o

n

s

there's another couple good reasons for clipping on a tether 

Guessing that sled doesn't have one.  Those other brands still might not use them even on their new sleds.

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Guessing that sled doesn't have one.  Those other brands still might not use them even on their new sleds.

by the looks of the incident, sled and owner... this was inevitable 

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Some of those garage doors are pretty thick and have extra bracing for the width of the door plus the door opener, brackets and chain???

• Gold Member

Holy shit :crazy:

lucky it went into the garage and not the house and hurt someone. 

Reminds me of a Kid I rode Dirt Bikes with..His throttle would stick sometimes on this clapped out RM 125 and I told Him Dude fix that before you get hurt....Nope , few days later it stuck open on a whoop section and he wrecked it pretty bad. Cant fix stupid. 

• Like 1

The car leaving the house hit it's brakes as it happened, I wonder if he saw and what must have gone through his mind.  A minute difference could have been very different.  That guy was pretty irresponsible all around.  I wonder what the story is.

44 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Some of those garage doors are pretty thick and have extra bracing for the width of the door plus the door opener, brackets and chain???

At first I just viewed through a small screen and figured there was a pillar there or something but now see it was just the door staying together and absorbing the energy perfectly.  Really a pretty great outcome.  If it hit a wall instead of that door it would have poked a hole through and gone way deeper in.  Or if it was a cheaper door that wasn't as thick and solid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Holy shit :crazy:

lucky it went into the garage and not the house and hurt someone. 

Reminds me of a Kid I rode Dirt Bikes with..His throttle would stick sometimes on this clapped out RM 125 and I told Him Dude fix that before you get hurt....Nope , few days later it stuck open on a whoop section and he wrecked it pretty bad. Cant fix stupid. 

I had a throttle stick in a whoop section on the track before and it was very scary, didn't realize it til the corner afterwards, I went over the berm but saved it.  Super scary.  I think something might have been in carb bowl and come up into the needle guide from the whoops and then the needle couldn't go back down.  I cleaned it out super good after that.  Another time I had a really bad one in the woods and it ended in a really bad crash that ended the day, probably the scariest thing that can happen.  That was a whiskey throttle from clipping a tree but same effect. 

IMG_20160907_214721160.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MnDean said:

This week on Pelican lake snowmobile flys through the air and parks itself in the the garage. 

:lol: EPIC!

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I had a throttle stick in a whoop section on the track before and it was very scary, didn't realize it til the corner afterwards, I went over the berm but saved it.  Super scary.  I think something might have been in carb bowl and come up into the needle guide from the whoops and then the needle couldn't go back down.  I cleaned it out super good after that.  Another time I had a really bad one in the woods and it ended in a really bad crash that ended the day, probably the scariest thing that can happen.  That was a whiskey throttle from clipping a tree but same effect. 

IMG_20160907_214721160.jpg

Hey!  Nice coloring!  I gots me one of those too!  Mine went dark purple though.  I gotta find that pic.

Had a throttle stick at wot .happen to me 15 -16 yrs ago on s sled. Dumb Arctc Cat (with dumb acorns in frt of carbs.)  Was just ready to send it (was in woods) when brain quickly kicked in and hit the kill button. My poos would have shut off because if the slack in the throttle cable from the acorns. 

I know a guy that was working on his 800 Doo in his yard.  Guy is an experienced sledder and is a good mechanic.  Started it up without checking the throttle and it took off wide open.  He had the presence of mind to try to stop it, because it was headed straight for the road.  It threw him into a tree, breaking both his femurs.  He was home alone, laid out in his yard, no way to call for help.  So, he dragged himself up to the house, somehow got inside and called 911.  He got a helicopter ride out if that deal and took a long time to rehab.  Fortunately, he’s walking and back to work.

It doesn’t matter how smart you are or how good you are, use the tether.

• Like 2