Friend is NOT happy with the electronic throttle on his new Doo 4S - any help here?

Crnr2Crnr

Buddy bought an immaculate 21 Renegade Enduro 900R (with 900 miles on it) and today was his first ride on it. 

He loves the power, but HATES the throttle action/reaction especially in the woods.

Tips, pointers, any aftermarket products to make it 'normal'?   He's pretty chafed about it.

Many threads found on thus subject in that skidoo forum. Many hate the throttle too. Guess BRP changed the throttle set up somewhat for the 22’s. Some said Precision and sone other company i forget off hand, make tunes to for some if this. So, if noone responds here real world hands on info, do a google. :) Tons of threads. Itc i believe is their throttle by wire name calling ? 

43 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Did he not take it for a demo ride BEFORE he bought it ? Sounds like he must be one of the triple vaxxed, and brain is turning to mush. WTF is wrong with some people ? Was his name Ben, by any chance ?

A demo may or may not reveal something like that, and this year beggars can’t be choosers.  The guy is lucky to get a sled at all.

I rode a MXZ 600r demo before the covid chaos and didn’t like the throttle on that, either.  From a dead stop and trying to go slow was almost impossible.  If you get up above maybe 15-20 mph, then it was a wonderful engine.  But, below that, it was “angry”.  That was my very first experience on a Doo, and wasn’t prepared for that.  When I brought it back and mentioned the throttle sensitivity to the sales rep, he nodded and said most people riding a Doo for the first time have the same observation.

The trail I used for the demo was beat up pretty bad and I had to go slow in spots.  That’s the only reason I noticed.

I’m interested in a solution, because I liked the Doo overall and would consider it in the future if it wasn’t for the throttle.

^^^^^

To be honest, IMO, it's a love/hate type thing.  I have a 16 1200 with the ITC throttle and love it, BUT i'm also use to it.  I do think the sports mode is a bit twitchy in the tight trails and usual run in the normal mode, but for not so tight or long runs it's in sports mode.  My son has a 2S and can tell the difference but it use to the throttle.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:40 AM, Frostynuts said:

Did he not take it for a demo ride BEFORE he bought it ? Sounds like he must be one of the triple vaxxed, and brain is turning to mush. WTF is wrong with some people ? Was his name Ben, by any chance ?

no, he bought it this summer

thanks for your help

On 12/30/2021 at 8:08 AM, CFM said:

Many threads found on thus subject in that skidoo forum. Many hate the throttle too. Guess BRP changed the throttle set up somewhat for the 22’s. Some said Precision and sone other company i forget off hand, make tunes to for some if this. So, if noone responds here real world hands on info, do a google. :) Tons of threads. Itc i believe is their throttle by wire name calling ? 

I know Precision has tunes, he doesn't need or want more power... just a normal throttle

On 12/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, p51mstg said:

A demo may or may not reveal something like that, and this year beggars can’t be choosers.  The guy is lucky to get a sled at all.

I rode a MXZ 600r demo before the covid chaos and didn’t like the throttle on that, either.  From a dead stop and trying to go slow was almost impossible.  If you get up above maybe 15-20 mph, then it was a wonderful engine.  But, below that, it was “angry”.  That was my very first experience on a Doo, and wasn’t prepared for that.  When I brought it back and mentioned the throttle sensitivity to the sales rep, he nodded and said most people riding a Doo for the first time have the same observation.

The trail I used for the demo was beat up pretty bad and I had to go slow in spots.  That’s the only reason I noticed.

I’m interested in a solution, because I liked the Doo overall and would consider it in the future if it wasn’t for the throttle.

he's been riding his entire life and is accustomed to 'normal' throttle action

this does not have that

On 12/30/2021 at 3:13 PM, tnts4me said:

^^^^^

To be honest, IMO, it's a love/hate type thing.  I have a 16 1200 with the ITC throttle and love it, BUT i'm also use to it.  I do think the sports mode is a bit twitchy in the tight trails and usual run in the normal mode, but for not so tight or long runs it's in sports mode.  My son has a 2S and can tell the difference but it use to the throttle.

he was running in standard mode and hated it, from what I recall it's even worse in sport mode.  does it act weird in ECO mode as well?

I'm just trying to help him sort it out, he likes the sled a lot other than this foible.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I guess I was one of the few that actually liked the throttle.  The different power modes may be part of it, in sport mode its pretty jumpy on tighter trails.  My new turbo has the new old style....I'll adapt.