Snowmobile Innovation in the past decade

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Beer drinking, wing eating trail fatties who can't be troubled or aren't coordinated enough to yank the cord yet purchase the biggest baddest hypersled and then bolt garden shovels to the bottom of their stock skis to prevent darting NEED electric start at any given time... for resale purposes.  🙄 Duh

I paid the baler the dues it's owed in the onset of the thread.  You can still get shot, or an Alpha skid, but the baler experiment has failed and ended.

It's simple really.  We all like to ride the way we like to ride.  But, to say weight doesn't make a difference then go off on a tangent about stating, "You can't tell the difference" it is just stupid.  These are the kinds of people bitching about you when they get to their wing and beer hole or, maybe think they may say something when they catch up at a rest spot.  Sheesh.  Move along!  Go enjoy your day the way you want to...and I'll do the same.

FFS...if you can't tell the difference in 60 lbs of weight on your sled and call it "unnoticeable".  We may ride differently.  Don't hate about it. Go ride the way you want...or learn to handle your sled properly.  I ride with some with E-start that can fucking roll.  Sorry if some can't I guess.  The "Burger holing lake racers".  :lmao:

Still, I'll always find it weird for the flagship performance RR type models to have estart.  Sure, there's some justification for some but, really.....a man's  got to know his limitations. If you love sports cars but don't like manual shifting....a nice sporty-like, four door sedan with a butter smooth auto trans is your ticket. Why pretend?

1 hour ago, CFM said:

Balers where good sleds. Every ass has it's opinion, including me. :)

They still are.  I've got a few buds that ride the shit out of them and love them.  :bc:

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I'm not sure how long the shot lasts for.  It maybe wouldn't make it through the bar stops.  And that would be a problem.

I liked it when the ambassadors would say the implements are "like a dirt bike"

I think the shot is good for a couple of starts after the sled gets warmed up.  I think it's great if you can add some type of a capacitor to pull energy and reserve it to crank the flywheel.  I still want the pull for sure but, we've all been injured out there and that thing would be nice insurance.

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's simple really.  We all like to ride the way we like to ride.  But, to say weight doesn't make a difference then go off on a tangent about stating, "You can't tell the difference" it is just stupid.  These are the kinds of people bitching about you when they get to their wing and beer hole or, maybe think they may say something when they catch up at a rest spot.  Sheesh.  Move along!  Go enjoy your day the way you want to...and I'll do the same.

FFS...if you can't tell the difference in 60 lbs of weight on your sled and call it "unnoticeable".  We may ride differently.  Don't hate about it. Go ride the way you want...or learn to handle your sled properly.  I ride with some with E-start that can fucking roll.  Sorry if some can't I guess.  The "Burger holing lake racers".  :lmao:

Still, I'll always find it weird for the flagship performance RR type models to have estart.  Sure, there's some justification for some but, really.....a man's  got to know his limitations. If you love sports cars but don't like manual shifting....a nice sporty-like, four door sedan with a butter smooth auto trans is your ticket. Why pretend?

They still are.  I've got a few buds that ride the shit out of them and love them.  :bc:

I think the shot is good for a couple of starts after the sled gets warmed up.  I think it's great if you can add some type of a capacitor to pull energy and reserve it to crank the flywheel.  I still want the pull for sure but, we've all been injured out there and that thing would be nice insurance.

Dude ... you need to stop.  Seriously.  You know how you like to call out mainecat for his idiocy?  That's the level you're at with this.  How did we go from 25 pounds (estart topic in the other thread) and it being the equivalent to 4 gallons of gas to 60 pounds of weight in your latest diatribe??   You're just being stupid.  Well, you also continue to be laughable with the "catch up" comments there, Scooter :lol:

"A man's got to know his limitations" ... wow, just wow!! :lol2:

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Dude ... you need to stop.  Seriously.  You know how you like to call out mainecat for his idiocy?  That's the level you're at with this.  How did we go from 25 pounds (estart topic in the other thread) and it being the equivalent to 4 gallons of gas to 60 pounds of weight in your latest diatribe??   You're just being stupid.  Well, you also continue to be laughable with the "catch up" comments there, Scooter :lol:

Yet you continue to engage with him on the topic?  :ok: 

So Bontzy, anything innovative you can think of in the last decade?  Like... Invisible spindles? :lol:

To be fair, I will say the Polaris snowcheck build site is innovative and well done, a model the other two should build upon.   Once they dial in actually building and delivering them in a timely manner to their loyal customers, Perfecto!

10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Hey, BurgerHole, you made the comment about people not filling up their tanks all the way to save weight because they were apparently “idiots”.

So, go martinize your Klim gear!  :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yet you continue to engage with him on the topic?  :ok: 

So Bontzy, anything innovative you can think of in the last decade?  Like... Invisible spindles? :lol:

To be fair, I will say the Polaris snowcheck build site is innovative and well done, a model the other two should build upon.   Once they dial in actually building and delivering them in a timely manner to their loyal customers, Perfecto!

Don't you have another attention whore thread you need to create, Karen2Karen? :lol:  You're due for another one any minute now, I can just sense it coming on!!

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, BurgerHole, you made the comment about people not filling up their tanks all the way to save weight because they were apparently “idiots”.

Hey Scooter, I wasn't the one to crash in a fucking Culver's parking lot ... so go "BurgerHole" your sled again all you want :lol2:  Again, feelings hurt so badly - must be that time of the month, dealing with the flow.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Don't you have another attention whore thread you need to create, Karen2Karen? :lol:  You're due for another one any minute now, I can just sense it coming on!!

Hey Scooter, I wasn't the one to crash in a fucking Culver's parking lot ... so go "BurgerHole" your sled again all you want :lol2:  Again, feelings hurt so badly - must be that time of the month, dealing with the flow.

Are you having some kind of mental breakdown right now?  

:lol2:

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That was me changing the subject 💡 

Duh

I haven't wasted time on that team since the game after the Minneapolis miracle.

But I love to tune into the radio post game show to hear the fans call in and melt down.  The inner troll in me loves that shit.

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm pretty sure most people could tell a handling difference in their machine if you ratchet strapped a 50 lb sand bag to the hood.  I would hope so anyway.

Well, apparently, many cannot.  BurgerHole and Co. say, “No way man!  No way can you tell a difference!  You’re all just Ricky race wannabe’s.”

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, apparently, many cannot.  BurgerHole and Co. say, “No way man!  No way can you tell a difference!  You’re all just Ricky race wannabe’s.”

:lol:

Huh, ok.  I took off 40# from my sled and it's an obvious difference.  But whatever.  I said my feelings in that topic and knew it'd be a shitshow in the wake so I stopped going back there before I get death threats

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

His next thread will be whether or not this will be his new riding apparel. 

Screenshot_20211227-081044_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

well played, most under 46 have no idea what that is.

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Snow trackers work as advertised.

show me one snowmobile race team of any kind that bolts those handicap pieces of shit to their skis.  just one. 

that said, we can include the aftermarket in this which most OEM's buy the rights to or flat out rip off.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

show me one of your thought provoking threads that has more than four replies that aren't your own.  just one. ;)

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

what about the pyramid? skidoo invented the fucking pyramid FFS!

ohhhhhhhh, good point.  the lawsuit from Doo though involved copying the pyramidical design from 2002 but was brought back to court in Canada in 2020

nice twist, but still a 2002 innovation.

Polaris engineers somehow figured out how to copy things like they always do without getting sued. 

37 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

His next thread will be whether or not this will be his new riding apparel. 

Screenshot_20211227-081044_Chrome.jpg

needs more crotch riser:lol:

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Idk which manufacturer had a heated seat first or when but that would be nice to keep the load in my Depends from freezing as well.

Cat had heated seats factory communicators, and driver passenger intercoms way back on the 660 2 up machines, 2005 or 06 maybe.  And "smart shocks" back in 2002

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'm pretty sure most people could tell a handling difference in their machine if you ratchet strapped a 50 lb sand bag to the hood.  I would hope so anyway.

I'd be a little surprised if half or more could.  

4 minutes ago, krom said:

Cat had heated seats factory communicators, and driver passenger intercoms way back on the 660 2 up machines, 2005 or 06 maybe.  And "smart shocks" back in 2002

Remote start in there sometime too.  02 ZL's maybe?  Sabercats?

25 minutes ago, Doug said:

Trail riders wearing pit coats 🤣

fail.gif

fAiL

6 minutes ago, krom said:

and the first 'production' 4S sled

but the past DECADE ffs

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Remote start in there sometime too.  02 ZL's maybe?  Sabercats?

see above

what have you done for me lately baby?

ahhhhhhh, Mid-Sized snowmobiles?  nope!  seat foam that isn't like sitting in a pile of sheep shit?  nope!

the list goes on... 

:)