Snowmobile Innovation in the past decade

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

/\ this /\

:thumbsup:

Doo & Poo have MASTERED this tactic, and it's not just sleds... we make more profit-per-$ on OEM accessories as we do warranty parts which are 2X the volume. 

No it's to save weight.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2021 at 10:05 AM, Jerry 976 said:

We even asked Krom and a couple other "Cat People" if they wanted to go on the Polaris ride and they all said NO.  Here's your chance to tell Polaris to their face what you think of their new sleds and possibly their past sleds, still a NOPE.

Actually you guys decided not to ask me, since I didn't ever get asked (I would have gone).  I know one of the guys who went pretty well though.

42 minutes ago, krom said:

Actually you guys decided not to ask me, since I didn't ever get asked (I would have gone).  I know one of the guys who went pretty well though.

I told them I’d only attend if you went so, they solved that math quickly! :lol:

On 12/28/2021 at 3:18 PM, Tommcat said:

starting your sled in the trailer or garage in the off season is a bad idea. even if you THINK you got it up to operating temp, i can assure you that you didnt. getting the cooant up to temp, is not the same as riding it.
unless you got it out into a field and made passes, you did not get the exhaust and everything else up to full temp, and you DID introduce moisture.

With efi sleds I agree but if you still got a carb in the bunch and I do I run the fucker a few times a season . Even with so called good gas I think it is good to run fuel thrugh em and let em vibrate the shit out of the bowls 

12 hours ago, krom said:

I thought for sure we asked you or I at least suggested your name several times???? I guess Dootalk and Dootalk 2.0 may have to pick names for any possible future Poo rides that's if Poo even does those type of rides anymore?? 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:05 AM, Jerry 976 said:

We even asked Krom and a couple other "Cat People" if they wanted to go on the Polaris ride and they all said NO.  Here's your chance to tell Polaris to their face what you think of their new sleds and possibly their past sleds, still a NOPE.

Sign me up for Freedom Sledder day.  I wasn’t impressed with the Assault 850 I rode a couple of years ago, but it had just been taken out of the crate.  Would like a rematch on Matryx sleds that are broken in (and set up correctly) not necessarily Assault.

Has anyone mentioned factory 2S turbos yet?  That seems like a pretty big deal, technology-wise.

13 hours ago, krom said:

I wish I could go back to look at past messages over there because I swear you & I chatted about it and you said you either couldn't make it work, or weren't interested.  @Tommcat was also in a similar exchange.  I thought you would have considered it more with Jester going, but I remember you not being able to go (or wanting to)? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I wish I could go back to look at past messages over there because I swear you & I chatted about it and you said you either couldn't make it work, or weren't interested.  @Tommcat was also in a similar exchange.  I thought you would have considered it more with Jester going, but I remember you not being able to go (or wanting to)? :dunno:

Me too, I thought we talked about it in the mod forum, he couldn't go because of work or something like that same for Tommcat, zambroski didn't want to go either and I could not go due to personal stuff at home......

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

Anything is possible I suppose, but I don't remember getting the offer.  I was told the mods spoke about asking me though..

2 hours ago, krom said:

Anything is possible I suppose, but I don't remember getting the offer.  I was told the mods spoke about asking me though..

If it's the trip I'm remembering, it's the one that Ashley and Jester went on where they rode the new (AXYS) version of the Assault, among other models.  I can't remember with 100% certainty, but I'm about 99% sure we did ask ya and you couldn't make it work (and I thought you even joked about being asked, in the GDF at one point?).  We're all getting old, so I don't blame anyone who can't remember :lol:

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

I was asked for each ride

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

If it's the trip I'm remembering, it's the one that Ashley and Jester went on where they rode the new (AXYS) version of the Assault, among other models.  I can't remember with 100% certainty, but I'm about 99% sure we did ask ya and you couldn't make it work (and I thought you even joked about being asked, in the GDF at one point?).  We're all getting old, so I don't blame anyone who can't remember :lol:

He was asked for that ride because we were trying to keep it to people up in the northeast. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in the know hear if Polaris is doing one again this year? 

With snow check sled shortages and production delays I can't see any of the manufacturers launching anything particularly innovative for 2023

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Anyone in the know hear if Polaris is doing one again this year? 

With snow check sled shortages and production delays I can't see any of the manufacturers launching anything particularly innovative for 2023

So your saying Arctic Cats is keeping the same decals.