Snowmobile Innovation in the past decade

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the Doo recoil failure thread had me thinking about some of the innovative ideas that have come to production in the past decade

here's three I feel are significant

:lol:

I see what you did there.  :lmao:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

I see what you did there.  :lmao:

Yup.lol.

How about skidoo’s etec 600’s ? Amazing fuel mileage. Doesn’t seem like a big deal, but at times can be a  real big deal. I ride with a few, one is pretty old with lots of miles. Really amazing.

Edited by CFM

For those of you with obviously weak math and English skills a decade is ten years.  2022's are the current model year so we're talking 2012 and newer.  

Insert Procross jokes here 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

For those of you with obviously weak math and English skills a decade is ten years.  2022's are the current model year so we're talking 2012 and newer.  

Insert Procross jokes here 

No, we are old now. 10yrs ago was just last year. :)

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Alpha mono rail.

If r motion was ten years ago you could throw that in.

Those are really the only things I can think of in the last ten years that are truly innovative.

I'd definitely get 'shot' on a sled when I get frail and old and can't pull start my sled.

Edit (how long until the patent for Doo runs out?)

Idk which manufacturer had a heated seat first or when but that would be nice to keep the load in my Depends from freezing as well.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd definitely get 'shot' on a sled when I get frail and old and can't pull start my sled.

Edit (how long until the patent for Doo runs out?)

Idk which manufacturer had a heated seat first or when but that would be nice to keep the load in my Depends from freezing as well.

I’d get “shot” right now.  Why not.  It adds no weight….and that’s the rub.  I’m not adding 30 fucking pounds to the front of my sled because I’m too lazy to pull a fucking handle a few times.  I’m on the wrong sled for that shit.  Race, XRS, RR, XC with e-starts?  Hmmm.  Can damn near smell that level of posing.  It’s time to consider other sled options at a certain level of body flexibility and/or riding skill.  Both are perishable.  We’ll all get there…..when we’re too fucking tired to fight off the truth any longer.  :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Alpha mono rail.

Those are really the only things I can think of in the last ten years that are truly innovative.

Adjustable carbides.  WTF is wrong with you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’d get “shot” right now.  Why not.  It adds no weight….and that’s the rub.  I’m not adding 30 fucking pounds to the front of my sled because I’m too lazy to pull a fucking handle a few times.  I’m on the wrong sled for that shit.  Race, XRS, RR, XC with e-starts?  Hmmm.  Can damn near smell that level of posing.  It’s time to consider other sled options at a certain level of body flexibility and/or riding skill.  Both are perishable.  We’ll all get there…..when we’re too fucking tired to fight off the truth any longer.  :lol:

The rope still has to be pulled once with the system, so it's still sort've manly.   Hopefully my grandchildren will be of use.

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Adjustable carbides.  WTF is wrong with you?

Gimmicky garbage, same as snow trackers and Bergstrom triple points.  :)

1 minute ago, wrinkly balls said:

Best innovation of the century has to go to the Arctic Cat Blast hand and thumb warmer controls. This high tech feature will be copied by all manufactures as soon as the patent runs out.:thumbsup:

Idk, the LINQ heated toilet seat adapter package is right up there. 

@Badger** loves to pull off the side of the trail and sit down for a tinkle. 

• Haha 2

Actually and honestly, I'd have to say that "shot" deal is pretty good and while I'm not a deep pow guy, everything about the Alpha frame rail and track system makes sense to me.  :dunno: 

Wait.....this is a decade?  Oh, then PC frame for sure.  The toughest, winning-est design ever.  Doo get's the R-motion rear skid design win.  Poo get's something too.  

I mean....LOOK AT THIS!!!

Yaaaaahiooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol: 

2010 Polaris RUSH – The Wait is OVER! - Snowtechmagazine.com

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Alpha mono rail.

Yes you could throw that in.  It is an innovation although it's not a game changer to me.  I guess I was thinking of innovations that are game changers.  Do they put the shot on trail sleds?  I thought it was more for mountain machines.  You still have to pull the evil rope in the morning when it's the hardest to pull.  

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Actually and honestly, I'd have to say that "shot" deal is pretty good and while I'm not a deep pow guy, everything about the Alpha frame rail and track system makes sense to me.  :dunno: 

Wait.....this is a decade?  Oh, then PC frame for sure.  The toughest, winning-est design ever.  Doo get's the R-motion rear skid design win.  Poo get's something too.  

I mean....LOOK AT THIS!!!

Yaaaaahiooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol: 

2010 Polaris RUSH – The Wait is OVER! - Snowtechmagazine.com

Skis off the ground for the maximum fun factors

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yes you could throw that in.  It is an innovation although it's not a game changer to me.  I guess I was thinking of innovations that are game changers.  Do they put the shot on trail sleds?  I thought it was more for mountain machines.  You still have to pull the evil rope in the morning when it's the hardest to pull.  

I think it's just mountain but why?  Why not for all?  Seems like it would make sense.  Pull once in the morning then good to go.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

Skis off the ground for the maximum fun factors

I'll never forget the Axys reviews that literally made me laugh so fucking hard on HCS I'm pretty sure I gave birth!  That was quality stuff.  The real gold happened in the protected spaces though.  Holy shit.  :lol: 

"Man, this think just rails and picks the skis off the snow with no effort at all!!!  The fun factor is out of this world!!" :lol: How the fuck can it "rail" and "pick the skis up" at the same time?  Nurdz.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I think it's just mountain but why?  Why not for all?  Seems like it would make sense.  Pull once in the morning then good to go.  :dunno:

I'll never forget the Axys reviews that literally made me laugh so fucking hard on HCS I'm pretty sure I gave birth!  That was quality stuff.  The real gold happened in the protected spaces though.  Holy shit.  :lol: 

"Man, this think just rails and picks the skis off the snow with no effort at all!!!  The fun factor is out of this world!!" :lol: How the fuck can it "rail" and "pick the skis up" at the same time?  Nurdz.  :lmao:

Beer drinking, wing eating trail fatties who can't be troubled or aren't coordinated enough to yank the cord yet purchase the biggest baddest hypersled and then bolt garden shovels to the bottom of their stock skis to prevent darting NEED electric start at any given time... for resale purposes.  🙄 Duh

I paid the baler the dues it's owed in the onset of the thread.  You can still get shot, or an Alpha skid, but the baler experiment has failed and ended.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I'm not sure how long the shot lasts for.  It maybe wouldn't make it through the bar stops.  And that would be a problem.

I liked it when the ambassadors would say the implements are "like a dirt bike"

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Beer drinking, wing eating trail fatties who can't be troubled or aren't coordinated enough to yank the cord yet purchase the biggest baddest hypersled and then bolt garden shovels to the bottom of their stock skis to prevent darting NEED electric start at any given time... for resale purposes.  🙄 Duh

I paid the baler the dues it's owed in the onset of the thread.  You can still get shot, or an Alpha skid, but the baler experiment has failed and ended.

Thanks for calling me out man.