Taiga in production

I've been riding a lot the last 3 weekends and haven't put 80 miles on total.  Nothing is right for everyone but things still have their place.  I have been thinking recently when I've been riding around the woods how nice it would be to be quiet, and just sit down and go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The range isn’t quite there yet, for sure.  I’m a 2-smoke rider to the core, and I’m not yet ready for something unconventional.

However, I have experience with loud things not making very much noise and it’s hard for me to go back.  Examples being, active noise canceling headsets for aviation and suppressors for firearms.  Once you hear the bullet hit the dirt without any “bang”, the price becomes worth it.  Same thing with my anc headset, which I did without for far too long.

I expect I would have to be dragged to ride an electric sled for the first time, but once I do I probably wouldn’t go back.

31 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

I guess...some like riding more than talking about riding. I'd be kind of upset if I rode less than 80 miles in 3 weekends, but that's just me. 

I've been trapping my line is about 9 miles long but lots of seat time.  I'm not upset, miles don't mean much to me.  

I haven't been talking about riding so not sure what you mean.  I have been riding how about you?

On 12/24/2021 at 11:47 PM, mnstang said:

Maybe not to you.

Many see it that way.  Without thousands of miles a year, they feel empty.  It’s weird.  I can ride 3-5 times a week and sometimes not put on 150 miles.  Yet, I’m supposed to be impressed by some seat polisher that puts on 500 miles in a weekend that one trip per month?  “Real riders”:lol:

Also, I’ve got no interest in electric motorsports vehicles.  None.

20 minutes to get 80%. with 3 ahead of you that's an hour wait just to get your turn and wait another 20 minutes. and just for 80%. what if i want 100%? range is 87 miles at most likely 100%, 80 is what, 60 miles? what's the range towing an electric sled that has a dead battery? i'm sure it's fun but i don't need the stress of charging to ride. plus the ability to ride wot as much as you want . i can get well over 100 miles with gas and that's with lots of wot . fillup takes 5 minutes. rarely much waiting

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Many see it that way.  Without thousands of miles a year, they feel empty.  It’s weird.  I can ride 3-5 times a week and sometimes not put on 150 miles.  Yet, I’m supposed to be impressed by some seat polisher that puts on 500 miles in a weekend that one trip per month?  “Real riders”:lol:

Also, I’ve got no interest in electric motorsports vehicles.  None.

Yeah, so empty 🤣

10 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

20 minutes to get 80%. with 3 ahead of you that's an hour wait just to get your turn and wait another 20 minutes. and just for 80%. what if i want 100%? range is 87 miles at most likely 100%, 80 is what, 60 miles? what's the range towing an electric sled that has a dead battery? i'm sure it's fun but i don't need the stress of charging to ride. plus the ability to ride wot as much as you want . i can get well over 100 miles with gas and that's with lots of wot . fillup takes 5 minutes. rarely much waiting

Electric snowmobiles are in their infancy.  Like everything else in the tech world it will get better.  Think of what a cellphone was 20 years ago compared to today.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Electric snowmobiles are in their infancy.  Like everything else in the tech world it will get better.  Think of what a cellphone was 20 years ago compared to today.

Tougher than any made currently lol.

200px-Nokia-5125-Cobalt-Front-Upright.jpg

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:40 PM, joe_zrt said:

Riding alot and less than 80 miles do not correlate. 

You can do that here too. Plenty if trails here can tire you out in short order or make you feel like you had a good ride. We have the higher mileage type too, but you must be real fit for that as they are faster but no northern wide fast type.