What are you getting spouse for Christmas

We didn't buy shit this year.. never even put up a tree.

Things change at Christmas when you are waiting for the government to pay you that 400+ hours of annual leave you have saved up... at $55 per....

That and we just gifted ourselves 2 7,500 btu and 1 15,000 btu heat pumps... so we are comfy and happy just as we are...

Ya know, seeing everyone post how you don’t buy presents because you buy whatever you want all year round, that’s true for us as well. However, we don’t buy many things for one another, just for ourselves. I mean, every once in a while I’ll buy her something for her camper, etc but that’s just me. I wouldn’t spoil her if she expected it. She actually hates it because she never knows what to get me. I tell her that the booze, tools, gun and snowmobile gear stores/vendors are all easily accessible these days. :dunno:

:lol:

22 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Ya know, seeing everyone post how you don’t buy presents because you buy whatever you want all year round, that’s true for us as well. However, we don’t buy many things for one another, just for ourselves. I mean, every once in a while I’ll buy her something for her camper, etc but that’s just me. I wouldn’t spoil her if she expected it. She actually hates it because she never knows what to get me. I tell her that the booze, tools, gun and snowmobile gear stores/vendors are all easily accessible these days. :dunno:

:lol:

The wife and I have been married for 38 years in January... if we wanted it we already bought it. Really ain't much out there we need or want...

She actually bought the SXS dead spur of the moment... if I wanna make her happy I buy her accessories.

She let's me buy a sled, a truck, a car.. whatever. She knows I won't buy if we can't afford, and more often than not it is an us thing as opposed to a me thing...

She usually buys me shit when it's necessary... like when I  lost my Maui Jimm shades. I love the things and they are the best in the world IMO, but it still hurts to spend $300 for sunglasses. I'll wear shit for a month or 2 then she gets sick of it and orders me a pair...

1 hour ago, Snake said:

The wife and I have been married for 38 years in January... if we wanted it we already bought it. Really ain't much out there we need or want...

She actually bought the SXS dead spur of the moment... if I wanna make her happy I buy her accessories.

She let's me buy a sled, a truck, a car.. whatever. She knows I won't buy if we can't afford, and more often than not it is an us thing as opposed to a me thing...

She usually buys me shit when it's necessary... like when I  lost my Maui Jimm shades. I love the things and they are the best in the world IMO, but it still hurts to spend $300 for sunglasses. I'll wear shit for a month or 2 then she gets sick of it and orders me a pair...

Wife and I are sort of similar. We have one shared account for all shared expenditures. As long as that account is taken care of, whatever we spend on ourselves is free game.

When I bought my ‘21 Indy late last winter I made the decision on the way to work, called the dealer at work to put money down on it and told her I bought it when I got home. She barely even stopped working to acknowledge when I told her. (Works from home). I’ve had new trucks delivered to the house and she barely knew they were coming. Not a word from her. 

If there’s something reasonable that I want for myself, but don’t want to spend the money or maybe even don’t have all of the money for, she will buy it. We both buy many things for the house, property, cars, etc but because I make more money than her, I usually buy more of that.

Going out to eat is one or the other of us paying, for instance. When we bought both campers, she took money out of her personal savings to put down on them because they are more of a “her” toy than a “we” toy. I bought all the sleds, the sled trailer, the truck and put all of the fuel in it, buy all the trail passes, etc, all when we go riding. 

We’ve been together for 12 years and there’s never been an argument, or even a stern discussion, about money. Which is pretty good considering that I’m a spender and she’s a saver. I was buying gun and sled stuff with Christmas gift cards when we got home from our family Christmas party Saturday night. She’s got her stashed for a rainy day. :lol:

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

16 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Wife and I are sort of similar. We have one shared account for all shared expenditures. As long as that account is taken care of, whatever we spend on ourselves is free game.

When I bought my ‘21 Indy late last winter I made the decision on the way to work, called the dealer at work to put money down on it and told her I bought it when I got home. She barely even stopped working to acknowledge when I told her. (Works from home). I’ve had new trucks delivered to the house and she barely knew they were coming. Not a word from her. 

If there’s something reasonable that I want for myself, but don’t want to spend the money or maybe even don’t have all of the money for, she will buy it. We both buy many things for the house, property, cars, etc but because I make more money than her, I usually buy more of that.

Going out to eat is one or the other of us paying, for instance. When we bought both campers, she took money out of her personal savings to put down on them because they are more of a “her” toy than a “we” toy. I bought all the sleds, the sled trailer, the truck and put all of the fuel in it, buy all the trail passes, etc, all when we go riding. 

We’ve been together for 12 years and there’s never been an argument, or even a stern discussion, about money. Which is pretty good considering that I’m a spender and she’s a saver. I was buying gun and sled stuff with Christmas gift cards when we got home from our family Christmas party Saturday night. She’s got her stashed for a rainy day. :lol:

Have never had his or her money... all always went into 1 account..

Exception being if I wanted something and did side work to earn extra to pay for it.. that was 'mine'...

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Things are awesome. I get points from buying irrigation products. I picked up a pair that way. Love them shades.

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Exception being if I wanted something and did side work to earn extra to pay for it.. that was 'mine'...

Just the opposite here. We each pay 1/2 of the mortgage during the winter. Spring , summer fall we each pay 1/2 and then I pay the principal for another payment. 

She supplies health insurance , I supply groceries. 

After that we each do what we want with the rest .

40 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Just the opposite here. We each pay 1/2 of the mortgage during the winter. Spring , summer fall we each pay 1/2 and then I pay the principal for another payment. 

Similar here. I pay for the health/dental/eye insurances and put money into our HSA as well. I put more into the “house” account as well and that pays all monthly house related bills expenditures. Any extra from that account goes into a “house” savings account. 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Things are awesome. I get points from buying irrigation products. I picked up a pair that way. Love them shades.

I got a $200 gift card to Beans from UPS 20 odd years ago and put it towards a pair. Since then I have gone through like 6-8 new due to breakage, loss, or any number of unfortunate circumstances... I think when I die... I wanna be wearing my Kahunas....

Just now, steve from amherst said:

We were 19 year old privates in the Army with a kid on the way... there was not even a concept of hers/his.... :lol:

On 12/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, Snake said:

I would be broke if that was the case in my house .

We have never had joint bank accounts but have joint investment accounts and joint health savings account . 

I have buds who make dam good money and I just shake my head the sorry fucks never have money have to ask to buy shit even little shit . And fucking wars to buy shit like a sled every ten yrs . Litteraly never have money and the wife and kids are running around with new  L.V . Bags all the time the new clothes never end shopping bags always stacked up in the entry.  

Just pathetic 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I would be broke if that was the case in my house .

We have never had joint bank accounts but have joint investment accounts and joint health savings account . 

I have buds who make dam good money and I just shake my head the sorry fucks never have money have to ask to buy shit even little shit . And fucking wars to buy shit like a sled every ten yrs . Litteraly never have money and the wife and kids are running around with new  L.V . Bags all the time the new clothes never end shopping bags always stacked up in the entry.  

Just pathetic 

probably closets full of clothes with tags still on them. Never worn

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

probably closets full of clothes with tags still on them. Never worn

Shoes. Lots of shoes.

Closets of shoes.

Shoes all around the mud room. 

Shoes into the lower famiky room.

Containers of shoes.

Containers of shoes in storage areas.

Gawd damn fucking shoe’s every where.

Husb to wife “Honey, I need $50”

Wife “What the fuck for ?”

lololololololololol

1 hour ago, CFM said:

Shoes. Lots of shoes.

Closets of shoes.

Shoes all around the mud room. 

Shoes into the lower famiky room.

Containers of shoes.

Containers of shoes in storage areas.

Gawd damn fucking shoe’s every where.

Husb to wife “Honey, I need $50”

Wife “What the fuck for ?”

lololololololololol

Yeah my wife asks for money I say hmm guess it is time to list some handbags off the pile ha 

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I sold the sled, Vette ( tree came down on it) and the car hauler. Not bad for a two week period and now on the hunt for a 2005-2010 Vette convertible

Sorry to hear about the Vette George. My deepest condolences.

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sorry to hear about the Vette George. My deepest condolences.

Thanks Tim! I moved the car trailer to get the sled trailer out and we had a windstorm. A tree came down and smashed both fenders and hood. I could've got a front body clip for $1K then pay extra when it was going for paint to have them change it but lost my mojo and didn't want it anymore. I'm looking for a newer one now that I can cruise around in.

• Like 1

Just now, smokin george said:

Thanks Tim! I moved the car trailer to get the sled trailer out and we had a windstorm. A tree came down and smashed both fenders and hood. I could've got a front body clip for $1K then pay extra when it was going for paint to have them change it but lost my mojo and didn't want it anymore. I'm looking for a newer one now that I can cruise around in.

20211216_114138.jpg

20211216_114158.jpg

20211216_114149.jpg

• Sad 1