Check your account email address ×

Death toll for the flu projected this year

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Cue the idiots that claim Covid cures cancer

Seriously, I posted about it weeks ago but, I was listening to NPR (I know…) and one of the “experts” literally claimed that getting your kids vaccinated not only cured them from covid but “all other ailments also”.

I just shook my head….and changed the station.  But that’s what these people believe.

• Like 2

Just now, Zambroski said:

Seriously, I posted about it weeks ago but, I was listening to NPR (I know…) and one of the “experts” literally claimed that getting your kids vaccinated not only cured them from covid but “all other ailments also”.

I just shook my head….and changed the station.  But that’s what these people believe.

Same ones wearing those virtue signaling devices at the Grocery store.

Well I can tell you that I personally know more people close to me who have the COVID right now. One of my best friends was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Its going thru here like wildfire. I talk to another sub yesterday they have 15 people out with it and 3 of them are in the hospital. I am expecting more covid restrictions here shortly...

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well I can tell you that I personally know more people close to me who have the COVID right now. One of my best friends was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Its going thru here like wildfire. I talk to another sub yesterday they have 15 people out with it and 3 of them are in the hospital. I am expecting more covid restrictions here shortly...

Same here, are you in MI?  One of my best friend's wife died last night at 55 and one of my 40 year old co-workers is on a ventilator fighting for his life.  This is NO joke.

6 minutes ago, BadaBing444 said:

Same here, are you in MI?  One of my best friend's wife died last night at 55 and one of my 40 year old co-workers is on a ventilator fighting for his life.  This is NO joke.

MN is similar.  Two family members in the hospital right now.  One on a vent and it doesn't look good.

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That'll teach you to listen to NPR.  Have to say I watched the news last night for the first time in months.  Totally baffling.  We need a new vaccine that kills media members.

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Anler said:

12 minutes ago, BadaBing444 said:

Just curious vaxxed or unvaxxed?

Seems we are hearing two sides.. ...We keep hearing this new variation is more contagious but not as deadly ...Then others are saying its more lethal. 

Then we hear its not affecting the unvaxed as much,  then we hear the unvaxxed will all die. Smh

Edited by EvilBird

10 minutes ago, BadaBing444 said:

I live in NW Indiana but I work in Illinois. Everyday now I am hearing of at least one other person getting it. And it seems like this time more people are getting fucked up from it. I called one of my clients yesterday looking for money and he sounded like death. He has COVID so I called their main office and talked to the girl there she said the boss was out with covid also.  Then I talked to that other sub who has 15 guys out. They told the other employees to not call them to see how they are doing. 3 of them are in the hospital and in serious condition. We are pretty scared for my friend Eric, his oxygen is only at 80%. He's already been sick for a week. 

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Just curious vaxxed or unvaxxed?

Seems we are hearing two sides.. ...We keep hearing this new variation is more contagious but not as deadly ...Then others are saying its more lethal. 

Then we hear its not affecting the unvaxed as much,  then we hear the unvaxxed will all die. Smh

My friend was NOT vaxt. But the client I called is probably vaxt because he is older and has health issues. I didnt ask tho. I dont think the vax does a whole lot against this new strain. My bud's wife and kids are already feeling better. In fact she asked my wife to bring her a carton of cigs yesterday... :flush:

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

My friend was NOT vaxt. But the client I called is probably vaxt because he is older and has health issues. I didnt ask tho. I dont think the vax does a whole lot against this new strain. My bud's wife and kids are already feeling better. In fact she asked my wife to bring her a carton of cigs yesterday... :flush:

Good im glad She is feeling better. 

I smoke weed so I cant say much but I bet the cigs are half the reason her lungs couldn't fight it off as well.....my kids and wife breezed thru where i was hacking for 2 weeks

Just now, EvilBird said:

I smoke weed so I cant say much but I bet the cigs are half the reason her lungs couldn't fight it off as well.....my kids and wife breezed thru where i was hacking for 2 weeks

I've had 3 close friends that were close to death but all pulled out. One was in the hospital for 62 days. He had to do rehab for a couple months after

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I live in NW Indiana but I work in Illinois. Everyday now I am hearing of at least one other person getting it. And it seems like this time more people are getting fucked up from it. I called one of my clients yesterday looking for money and he sounded like death. He has COVID so I called their main office and talked to the girl there she said the boss was out with covid also.  Then I talked to that other sub who has 15 guys out. They told the other employees to not call them to see how they are doing. 3 of them are in the hospital and in serious condition. We are pretty scared for my friend Eric, his oxygen is only at 80%. He's already been sick for a week. 

My step daughters younger brother was all fucked up with it. Early 20's , Healthy dude. Was in the hospital for a week. Got out , still couldn't work yet. Then back in hospital for another 4 days. 

unvaxed

When it first started it seemed like the covid's didnt like nicotine. Not sure if newer strains are the same.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

When it first started it seemed like the covid's didnt like nicotine. Not sure if newer strains are the same.

I remember some Italian dude was saying that in the beginning that smokers were not getting Covid as bad ....lol who knows. 

All I know is Im glad I got Covid already.....twice. 

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My step daughters younger brother was all fucked up with it. Early 20's , Healthy dude. Was in the hospital for a week. Got out , still couldn't work yet. Then back in hospital for another 4 days. 

unvaxed

Last year before vaccines or anything my buddy roger, his wife and three kids got it. Wife and kids were fine within a week but he was fucked up for about three months. Had to carry around an inhaler. And for months after that he said he felt like his legs were filled with sand. He is 40's and seemingly healthy, he doesnt take any meds or have any conditions. 

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

I remember some Italian dude was saying that in the beginning that smokers were not getting Covid as bad ....lol who knows. 

I had to go to my grand daughters dance recitle on Saturday. 

Ill be perfectly honest, I wasn't too fucking comfortable being around that many people in close quarters.

Also at the begining there was a study showing those on a statin were not getting anywhere near the amount of the general population. Dont know if that changed or not.

Regardless of vax opinions, this shit isn't going away soon and it seems to be getting stronger as it mutates.  Our vaxxed daughter (15) had a rapid test yesterday and thankfully was negative.   Wife had her booster Friday, daughter and I are waiting a bit before getting ours to see how effective it is on the latest variant. 

Wife works for a big hospital system, it's not looking good.  Lot of sad stories around the holidays. 

Be smart, be safe... 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Regardless of vax opinions, this shit isn't going away soon and it seems to be getting stronger as it mutates.  Our vaxxed daughter (15) had a rapid test yesterday and thankfully was negative.   Wife had her booster Friday, daughter and I are waiting a bit before getting ours to see how effective it is on the latest variant. 

Wife works for a big hospital system, it's not looking good.  Lot of sad stories around the holidays. 

Be smart, be safe... 

That is not the norm. Normally ( and I beleive with this strain ) that as they mutate they get more contagious, but weaker.

Edited by steve from amherst
  • Like 1

I don't think any variant was deadlier than the original.   Reality is "experts" throw out opinions when they really don't know.   The information is all over the place. 

52 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

MN is similar.  Two family members in the hospital right now.  One on a vent and it doesn't look good.

That'll teach you to listen to NPR.  Have to say I watched the news last night for the first time in months.  Totally baffling.  We need a new vaccine that kills media members.

And DC.  We’d be cured of so many things.

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

It appears to be ravaging big city shitholes.  We may want to hold off calling in that asteroid for a bit.  Let’s see how this plays out.

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't think any variant was deadlier than the original.   Reality is "experts" throw out opinions when they really don't know.   The information is all over the place. 

We went from “this new variant appears to be a weaker form and far less deadly” to “SHIT YOUR FUCKING PANTS AND GET THE BOOZTERS!  MASKS AND LOCK DOWNS IMMINENT!!!”  In just under a week’s time. This may be a whole new record of pants shitting and China is taking good notes!

‘Murica!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

How many NPR stations do you have up there?  It doesn't seem to matter how many times I hit scan on the radio, the only thing that comes in is NPR.  They are always good for a few lulz while I drink my coffee and drive to the trail head.