Skidoo two strokes have no pull start

mnstang

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Don't be stupid and weak.  I said I don't know or care if it's old news.  It's still a topic worth discussing and ridiculing.

Yes guilty as charged I don't keep up with skidoo sleds, and this a perfect example of why I don't.  Do they have heated cupholders too?  I can't tell from under my rock oh wait I still don't care about those feminized sleds.

Must be that time if the month eh musty pants.  

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Don't be stupid and weak.  I said I don't know or care if it's old news.  It's still a topic worth discussing and ridiculing.

Yes guilty as charged I don't keep up with skidoo sleds, and this a perfect example of why I don't.  Do they have heated cupholders too?  I can't tell from under my rock oh wait I still don't care about those feminized sleds.

All is fair in love & war. If you get to ridicule the sled we get to ridicule you for starting a thread about news that's literally a decade old. Don't worry, we'll get some snow soon and you'll get your new Cat soon. We all know Cat has something ready to go that's just been delayed for one reason or another (merger / covid). How many will be willing to roll the dice on a first year model out of Three Rubber Balls ??? For the record I hope it's something awesome that leap frogs Poo & Doo in some way and gets Cat back in the game. We all benefit from competition & innovation like everybody getting Doo's electronic reverse.

Edited by nacapster
  • Haha 1

Not providing a back up pull start on a winter vehicle that can easily get you in a life and death situation is criminal. The machines are used to provide access and transportation into remote areas in freezing temperatures where walking out isn’t often an option. Fuck Ski-Doo and them saving $10 by not including a recoil starter. 

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Not providing a back up pull start on a winter vehicle that can easily get you in a life and death situation is criminal. The machines are used to provide access and transportation into remote areas in freezing temperatures where walking out isn’t often an option. Fuck Ski-Doo and them saving $10 by not including a recoil starter. 

Try reading next time. They. like most sleds, for back up, include a rope set up to pull start from primary clutch.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, AK440 said:

It’s not needed and if you want it you can buy the kit for like $200. You obviously never had to start a sled with a broke pull cord might wanna research it so you don’t gotta call search and rescue to drag your ass out when it happens. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nacapster said:

All is fair in love & war. If you get to ridicule the sled we get to ridicule you for starting a thread about news that's literally a decade old. Don't worry, we'll get some snow soon and you'll get your new Cat soon. We all know Cat has something ready to go that's just been delayed for one reason or another (merger / covid). How many will be willing to roll the dice on a first year model out of Three Rubber Balls ??? For the record I hope it's something awesome that leap frogs Poo & Doo in some way and gets Cat back in the game. We all benefit from competition & innovation like everybody getting Doo's electronic reverse.

I'm not the least but embarrassed that I didn't know this till now.  Why would I?  If nothing else it's confirmation to keep not paying attention to skidoo.   What a joke of a company and riders.  

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

Polar Bears?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CFM said:

Try reading next time. They. like most sleds, for back up, include a rope set up to pull start from primary clutch.

The average joe dipshit snowmobile owner will not be able to figure out how to start a sled wrapping a strap around the clutch. These are the same people who buy a 3” x 163 mountain sled to ride in 2” of snow in a corn field in Illinois. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, AK440 said:

Criminal She says! :lol:

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

The average joe dipshit snowmobile owner will not be able to figure out how to start a sled wrapping a strap around the clutch. These are the same people who buy a 3” x 163 mountain sled to ride in 2” of snow in a corn field in Illinois. 

If they are in a Corn Field with 2 inches of Snow then they should have no problem walking to the Roadside dumbfuck. :lol:

And If they are out in the Wilderness Alone on a Machine that can at any time break down, then they better be prepared and have a plan. Starting with a strap should be the least of their worries. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Buses, Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, Boats , ATVs, ahh Lawnmowers ....what else ? 

For the record I like my Pull start Poos, but saying its criminal , well only from a Karen. :lol:

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Criminal She says! :lol:

If they are in a Corn Field with 2 inches of Snow then they should have no problem walking to the Roadside dumbfuck. :lol:

And If they are out in the Wilderness Alone on a Machine that can at any time break down, then they better be prepared and have a plan. Starting with a strap should be the least of their worries. 

So by your logic, being prepared out in the wilderness alone  means riding a sled that comes from the factory without an back up pull start. Got it. :lol::lol:

:wrong:

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's called SHOT you dolts

One of the main reasons I bought my tinfoil summit . Only have to pull it in the morning with out lugging around a battery all day . I get enough exercise on that thing in a day on need to pull that rope 20 more times in a day 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It was a nice sled for sure.  :bc:

C4997E18-2C9D-4700-9F55-A61F9639A422.jpeg

The hot start is probably the best innovation out of Doo in IDK how long.  Every sled should be fitted with this system.  

It should. But Doo is the king of accessories. They will bring back the pull start. And accessorize shot system for 2500 add on😂

And guys, take it easy on mnstang. It is still new news. After all, Doo did take it away after the introduction of the procross. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, AK440 said:

So by your logic, being prepared out in the wilderness alone  means riding a sled that comes from the factory without an back up pull start. Got it. :lol::lol:

:wrong:

Did I say that Karen? 

I said You better be prepared...I.E know how to use a strap, purchase the pull start, or not ride alone. Pretty simple. 

8 hours ago, sno_mo_racer said:

It should. But Doo is the king of accessories. They will bring back the pull start. And accessorize shot system for 2500 add on😂

And guys, take it easy on mnstang. It is still new news. After all, Doo did take it away after the introduction of the procross. 

Yes they are. Wanna pull start? Pay up! LOL. 

Smart marketing. Strip the sleds down to bare minimum, great for bragging re weight of sled, and then sell all the stuff that should have come on the sled as standard equipment, as options, at crazy prices. Looks like they are taking a lesson learned by watching the covid vaxxers. If they tell you it,s a good thing, it,s a good thing. Just keep swallowing, it,s great for you. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Smart marketing. Strip the sleds down to bare minimum, great for bragging re weight of sled, and then sell all the stuff that should have come on the sled as standard equipment, as options, at crazy prices. Looks like they are taking a lesson learned by watching the covid vaxxers. If they tell you it,s a good thing, it,s a good thing. Just keep swallowing, it,s great for you. 

Yeah, because replacing pull start with electric start is great weight savings 👍🤦

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I’m all for it.  Strip it down then, let those that want more order it.

37 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Yeah, because replacing pull start with electric start is great weight savings 👍🤦

I think mine was like 28 lbs when I weighed it all after removal.  I can’t remember exactly though.  It’s a significant savings.

But Meh….I could strap a 100 extra pounds on your rig and you wouldn’t know the difference.  You are a “real rider”. :lol: