Skidoo two strokes have no pull start

mnstang

46 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Times must be slow over at the old Pisser's HCS site, eh?  I mean, for you to grace us with your presence on a site that's so .... what was it you claimed?  Oh that's right, it was this:

The HCS site is much better now than it was before the great purge. Look at this place, it’s fricking dead. Much better info and traffic on the original HCS site. This place is one step above PSP for lack of traffic and overall lameness.

Yet here you are - lucky us!! :lol:

The place is dead, its like going to your favorite bar after it burnt down. 

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, AK440 said:

Your E-start only is cool bruh. You probably got offended reading the spec sheet on a Polaris where it said MANual starter.

Oh fuck no, couldn't care less, until this thread popped up I never gave it a second thought :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CFM said:

Tell the dumbshits what the salesperson didn't...their are rope starts in the toolbag or wherever that will pull start the sled easily from the primary clutch.

Okay, guess my dumb comment wasn't that warrented. Seld still needs decent voltage for it to start. See thread here:

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/pulling-over-cold-etec-with-emergency-rope-on-clutch.539558/

3 minutes ago, CFM said:

Tell the dumbshits what the salesperson didn't...their are rope starts in the toolbag or wherever that will pull start the sled easily from the primary clutch.

Screw the rope around the primary ... just kick start the sum bitch like this guy!! :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Live in Hayward, 3 out of four skidoos with dead batteries.  😂

Cat started on the second pull.

IMG_20211229_123222183_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211229_123246046_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211229_123559661_HDR.jpg

You should never start the cat until all the skidoos are up and running 🏃‍♀️ 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CFM said:

We tried that skidoo rope pull start last year when it was -26 below, it didn't work, broke that little plastic clip on the first pull, the battery was brand new, unstalled the day before and fully charged up.

Had to take the battery out and bring it inside to warm it up, started fine the rest of the day. Next cold snap the same thing,  no start.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MnDean said:

We tried that skidoo rope pull start last year when it was -26 below, it didn't work, broke that little plastic clip on the first pull, the battery was brand new, unstalled the day before and fully charged up.

Had to take the battery out and bring it inside to warm it up, started fine the rest of the day. Next cold snap the same thing,  no start.

Yup. Sorry. Saw that l. In thr thread I link when I updated that post.

Polaris supplies a 1" or so wide nylon strap that grabs the clutch well and is pretty strong. :thumbsup:

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CFM said:

Okay, guess my dumb comment wasn't that warrented. Seld still needs decent voltage for it to start. See thread here:

https://www.dootalk.com/threads/pulling-over-cold-etec-with-emergency-rope-on-clutch.539558/

The very 1st posted was edited by a Moderator, it's amazing on what they decide to edit and allow or delete and remove on that site.

Seen a guy use the strap on the clutch to start his sled.  Sled started fine but the strap got caught up in the clutch wiped his hand and started wiping the shit out of the sled until he hit the kill button.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, MnDean said:

You should never start the cat until all the skidoos are up and running 🏃‍♀️ 

I start mine before pulling it off the trailer, because warm up and no reverse

Don't worry, I got mileage out of that shit ALL DAY LONG :lol:

8 hours ago, CFM said:

Yup. Sorry. Saw that l. In thr thread I link when I updated that post.

Polaris supplies a 1" or so wide nylon strap that grabs the clutch well and is pretty strong. :thumbsup:

I started my buddies sons renegrenade with a cam strap.  he had no idea you could do that now he does

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I still smh that some are so supportive of extra weight on a motorsports vehicle and angry at those who would rather have some weight savings.

It’s weird.

Hit me with the 26oz recoil please, and hold the e-start.  So fucking dumb.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Example: people buying two strokes without a recoil start 

We stopped to buy one of the guys a new battery at Hayward power sports, they are out, said they've sold 40 batteries this week and don't know when they are getting more.  I asked the tech that came out and tested the battery how many recoil kits they had in stock, which made him chuckle.

Wish I had stopped with the group to take pictures of the Yellow/Silver MXZ that T-boned a tree on a corner so hard the tree had to have been into the y-pipe.  All the plastic up front was taco'd around the base.  There was no one with it when we saw it around 1pm and it was still left sitting there at 5pm.  Certainly hope the rider is ok but it was a solid hit and I'm speculating a short little throttle jockey was riding it and got out of control.  It wasn't even a corner a newbie should fuck up.  I'm sure there's a good 'story' that goes along with it. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 3

On 12/29/2021 at 9:20 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

We stopped to buy one of the guys a new battery at Hayward power sports, they are out, said they've sold 40 batteries this week and don't know when they are getting more.  I asked the tech that came out and tested the battery how many recoil kits they had in stock, which made him chuckle.

Wish I had stopped with the group to take pictures of the Yellow/Silver MXZ that T-boned a tree on a corner so hard the tree had to have been into the y-pipe.  All the plastic up front was taco'd around the base.  There was no one with it when we saw it around 1pm and it was still left sitting there at 5pm.  Certainly hope the rider is ok but it was a solid hit and I'm speculating a short little throttle jockey was riding it and got out of control.  It wasn't even a corner a newbie should fuck up.  I'm sure there's a good 'story' that goes along with it. 

Did you look to see if it had recoil to steal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2