Skidoo two strokes have no pull start

mnstang

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m all for it.  Strip it down then, let those that want more order it.

I think mine was like 28 lbs when I weighed it all after removal.  I can’t remember exactly though.  It’s a significant savings.

But Meh….I could strap a 100 extra pounds on your rig and you wouldn’t know the difference.  You are a “real rider”. :lol:

I hurt your feelings.

I'll try and talk less hurtfully. 👍

Edited by awful knawful

On 12/22/2021 at 4:29 PM, AK440 said:

The average joe dipshit snowmobile owner will not be able to figure out how to start a sled wrapping a strap around the clutch. These are the same people who buy a 3” x 163 mountain sled to ride in 2” of snow in a corn field in Illinois. 

Didn't know you rode Illinois.  You sound rather bothered that they are chewing up your pow

One of the extras in 2016 on a MXZ 600 carb spring check was a pull starter. Its amazing how people would come back into the shop after they bought the sled bitching they didn't get a pull starter after they got it home, what you couldn't look down past your beer belly and see it wasn't there.

• Haha 2

As a kid I became a master recoil rope replacer on our skidont's.  I could and did replace them in the dark more than once and used to carry a chunk of rope in my coat pocket for the clutch start. 

I'll give Polaris a big tip of the hat by giving snow checkers the CHOICE of rope start or estart.  No other company does.  Eos

• Like 1

I still laugh at some of the so called "hardcore" guys that are so anti-electric start.  "OHS NOES!!!  THE WEIGHT!!"  Hey Einstein - It's the equivalent to roughly 4 gallons of fuel.  What do those clowns do, fill their gas tank up to HALF when they're at the pump?  I mean, it's all about saving weight!!

DUMB A F :news:

• Like 3

LOL.  The 200+# guy takes electric start off and puts a can on to save weight.

How many feel the difference on how they're sled handles from a full tank of gas to a 1/4 tank.  That's a difference of about 40# right there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I still laugh at some of the so called "hardcore" guys that are so anti-electric start.  "OHS NOES!!!  THE WEIGHT!!"  Hey Einstein - It's the equivalent to roughly 4 gallons of fuel.  What do those clowns do, fill their gas tank up to HALF when they're at the pump?  I mean, it's all about saving weight!!

Only a noodly armed girly man would order their sled with electric start. You can’t stall a sled! Fucking retards wanting to add 30lbs extra of weight to their machine.

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Bingo, and make sure you have a good dump before heading out , you know, weight savings and all

9 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Only a noodly armed girly man would order their sled with electric start. You can’t stall a sled! Fucking retards wanting to add 30lbs extra of weight to their machine.

No idea who you are from HCS, don't pay enough attention but you sure come across as angry and bitter about something

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/25/2021 at 8:05 AM, Doomxz600 said:

One of the extras in 2016 on a MXZ 600 carb spring check was a pull starter. Its amazing how people would come back into the shop after they bought the sled bitching they didn't get a pull starter after they got it home, what you couldn't look down past your beer belly and see it wasn't there.

Salesperson should have told them when buying.

Edited by CFM

Why do some of you hate the sledders that want lighter weight because they like active, performance riding?

Yes, many I know don’t fill their tanks to the top….because yes, you can actually feel that extra 40 lbs.  and yes, some drop estart and heavy suitcase silencers because yes, you can actually feel the fucking 40 lbs. So, right off the bat, you boys are 80lbs heavier than the ones wanting to be a bit more light and nimble out there.  But hey, maybe you are superior riders that can handle the extra weight and keep up.

Here’s a way to tell: Do you have more than one layer under your coat?  Yes?  No, you aren’t.  No? You probably still aren’t.  

My goodness.  I can almost hear you all at your burger holes drinking bud light complaining about the riders out there “riding like it’s their own personal racetrack!  Our pace is good enough!  Everybody should ride like we do!!!!”

Drink up! :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why do some of you hate the sledders that want lighter weight because they like active, performance riding?

Yes, many I know don’t fill their tanks to the top….because yes, you can actually feel that extra 40 lbs.  and yes, some drop estart and heavy suitcase silencers because yes, you can actually feel the fucking 40 lbs. So, right off the bat, you boys are 80lbs heavier than the ones wanting to be a bit more light and nimble out there.  But hey, maybe you are superior riders that can handle the extra weight and keep up.

Here’s a way to tell: Do you have more than one layer under your coat?  Yes?  No, you aren’t.  No? You probably still aren’t.  

My goodness.  I can almost hear you all at your burger holes drinking bud light complaining about the riders out there “riding like it’s their own personal racetrack!  Our pace is good enough!  Everybody should ride like we do!!!!”

Why do you hate sledderd that want to take it easy riflding ? :)

4 minutes ago, CFM said:

Why do you hate sledderd that want to take it easy riflding ? :)

I don’t at all.  I want everybody to be out there and enjoying this sport the way they see fit.  So long as they are respectful toward others enjoying it different from what they enjoy themselves. 

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

why doesn't Doo add a simple recoil in event an e-start pussies battery goes dead?  I'd bet 9/10 of them couldn't start it off the clutch on the first try if they watched an entire youtube video dedicated to the topic.

and... see below  :lol:

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t at all.  I want everybody to be out there and enjoying this sport the way they see fit.  So long as they are respectfully pull starting their sleds, not riding like bitches with stock skis, ignoring hand signals and staying the fuck off my side of the trail.     

fixed :lmao:

see above.

5 hours ago, Doug said:

LOL.  The 200+# guy takes electric start off and puts a can on to save weight.

How many feel the difference on how they're sled handles from a full tank of gas to a 1/4 tank.  That's a difference of about 40# right there.

otb I can very much tell just based on ski pressure and handling.  but my sleds are set up correctly.

I like how one of his primary tools to work on a Ski Doo is a BFH, followed up with a metric crescent wrench.  :lol2:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why doesn't Doo add a simple recoil in event an e-start pussies battery goes dead?  I'd bet 9/10 of them couldn't start it off the clutch on the first try if they watched an entire youtube video dedicated to the topic.

and... see below  :lol:

fixed :lmao:

see above.

Well, If you want to get specific I guess….

:lmao:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Having to spell it out to justify it only makes that much more DUMB A F   

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know Doug

Does Polaris make you buy a recoil if you order a sled with estart?  

It's retarded...

Cat builds every trail sled and crossover with electric start, and a recoil...