Skidoo two strokes have no pull start

mnstang

Maybe this is old news, I don't know or care 

A skidoo 800 etec two stroke doesn't have a pull start.  I guess 20k only gets you so much and a rope might interfere with the fit and finish of the piece of garbage that can't start and it might interfere with the rider's balls dropping.

This is what's wrong with Canada.

• Haha 2

We all know. Been years. Where have you been ? Lol. :wink

To make you feel better we still do kick the bag out of them because of this no pull start stuff.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

Beta as fuck.  When I can’t start my sled, I know it’s over….or I’d better have a ripped to shreds shoulder injury.  The XRS I bought had ES.  They “threw it in for free”.  I felt like a fucking tool pushing the little button.  Couldn’t wait to rip it out, put in a recoil (didn’t come with one) and sold the whole ES on DooTalk in a day.

Two strokes are so easy to start it's hard to believe anyone that cares about performance would want the weight penalty of the button, for such an easy task.  

But to not even give you the pull rope at all.. that's some skidoo shit that I don't want to understand.  Beyond weak.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Two strokes are so easy to start it's hard to believe anyone that cares about performance would want the weight penalty of the button, for such an easy task.  

But to not even give you the pull rope at all.. that's some skidoo shit that I don't want to understand.  Beyond weak.

I agree.

Have you heard about Hotshot yet ?

Edited by CFM

• Gold Member

My buds old 15 800etec didn’t have a pull rope. His battery was dead on a trip one time so he had to wrap a rope around the clutch to start it every time he turned it off. So of course we took full advantage of the situation and had fun hitting the kill switch all day so he’d have to rewrap and pull again 😂.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

My buds old 15 800etec didn’t have a pull rope. His battery was dead on a trip one time so he had to wrap a rope around the clutch to start it every time he turned it off. So of course we took full advantage of the situation and had fun hitting the kill switch all day so he’d have to rewrap and pull again 😂.

Happened to me few yrs ago in rangely. Losding it on trailer to go there no less. No e start on my Poo. Pull rooe broke. Bummer at first but got used to wrapping clutch and pulling it quick. Yeh, a kill switch hit stayed painful, yet funny. Lol.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Its like the Yamaha Guys.....never fails, Someone in the group has a dead battery the next morning and cant start their sled lol..

Many times it’a a frozen relay. Usually just happens overnight ir after not so quick restaurant stop. Can warm in hands or etc. Usually defrosts quick.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Beta as fuck.  When I can’t start my sled, I know it’s over….or I’d better have a ripped to shreds shoulder injury.  The XRS I bought had ES.  They “threw it in for free”.  I felt like a fucking tool pushing the little button.  Couldn’t wait to rip it out, put in a recoil (didn’t come with one) and sold the whole ES on DooTalk in a day.

Felt like?? You old rope puller...:junk: That XRS was the best looking sled you ever owned hell one of the best looking sleds I have ever seen from Doo but then your dementia must have checked in. Just keep pushing that little button Z.

1 hour ago, CFM said:

I've heard of that.  But that still gives you a pull rope.  That's not what this guy has in the video.  He has an estart-only two stroke because he's a bitch!

17 minutes ago, jdsky said:

This one does.... Picked it up last month, smokin' CL deal for only $4500.

image.thumb.png.91f6863c698670750ba4338f2af943b5.png

I call dibs before @Sled_Hed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

that's hilarious

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

333453542_reverseprank.gif.ebebf4210fad31a3f0e03956d2a4b29f.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I've heard of that.  But that still gives you a pull rope.  That's not what this guy has in the video.  He has an estart-only two stroke because he's a bitch!

I call dibs before @Sled_Hed

Correct.

Just brought up hotstart to your remark of estart systems to heavy, should be just pull start. No added weight and the figs can have their estart.

We are on same oage.

9 hours ago, Badger** said:

Felt like?? You old rope puller...:junk: That XRS was the best looking sled you ever owned hell one of the best looking sleds I have ever seen from Doo but then your dementia must have checked in. Just keep pushing that little button Z.

It was a nice sled for sure.  :bc:

C4997E18-2C9D-4700-9F55-A61F9639A422.jpeg

7 hours ago, CFM said:

Correct.

Just brought up hotstart to your remark of estart systems to heavy, should be just pull start. No added weight and the figs can have their estart.

We are on same oage.

The hot start is probably the best innovation out of Doo in IDK how long.  Every sled should be fitted with this system.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's called SHOT you dolts

lol, guilty 

your you’re hot sauce hot shot ski door’s with weak arms …all the same :) lol

Edited by CFM
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, mnstang said:

Maybe this is old news, I don't know or care 

A skidoo 800 etec two stroke doesn't have a pull start.  I guess 20k only gets you so much and a rope might interfere with the fit and finish of the piece of garbage that can't start and it might interfere with the rider's balls dropping.

This is what's wrong with Canada.

If you don’t know or care why would you start a thread about it?   You should have said , I live under a rock, didn’t know they had no rip cord, and I’m sort of curious why. 

15 minutes ago, Turbo Kitty said:

If you don’t know or care why would you start a thread about it?   You should have said , I live under a rock, didn’t know they had no rip cord, and I’m sort of curious why. 

Don't be stupid and weak.  I said I don't know or care if it's old news.  It's still a topic worth discussing and ridiculing.

Yes guilty as charged I don't keep up with skidoo sleds, and this a perfect example of why I don't.  Do they have heated cupholders too?  I can't tell from under my rock oh wait I still don't care about those feminized sleds.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mnstang said:

My 800 ETEC Renegade was the easiest starting sled I've ever had, with a reasonably decent battery it always started because they start on the first click.

For shits and giggles I did try the rope trick just in case I ever need to, no big deal