Sledding season.

23 hours ago, ACE said:

Yeah. Everyone is starting to come riding the trails here now because they’re so nice 

so Saturday’s and Sunday are almost too busy 

well if the VP would quick advertising them it would keep the people away

22 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Any day the hills over the UP .

4 women in the up that week . Just asking for bitching . Trust me SHIT SHOW .

Snow report from the Hills says it sucks, and I don't think any of us are hard up enough to hit up Houghton or even Hurley.

I'm holding out for Ashland or Hayward since the BH's are probably out.

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Snow report from the Hills says it sucks, and I don't think any of us are hard up enough to hit up Houghton or even Hurley.

I'm holding out for Ashland or Hayward since the BH's are probably out.

Clam lake is a good place if they have snow nice motel in town few nice vrbo around . And you can watch the hundreds of rigs rolling past on the GG  to get the shit kicked out if them in the up 

On 12/21/2021 at 7:34 PM, XCR INDY said:

Doesn’t matter how much snow we get. Our trails don’t open until hunting season is over and new this season, that means January 1st. 

you must be in the southern zone as our trails don't open until the first either, not that we have any snow yet

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

you must be in the southern zone as our trails don't open until the first either, not that we have any snow yet

yup, just below Rte 4 (think that's the line),  Washington Co

On 12/22/2021 at 2:42 PM, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

this is from 3 weeks ago at barkerville. we were about 5K ft. over ten feet at the other areas around here now. and we just had a foot and a half fall in the last couple days in town. mountains are getting pounded. will post some more pics from this coming sundays riding

well, today was going to be in the mountains. sorry no pics. 37 fucking below. na, we took a pass. where the fuck is the global warming? be in the -30 area all week, then guess what? starts to be just fucking great sledding temps next week. WHEN I GO BACK TO FUCKING WORK!!!!!! the horror, the horror

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 2:42 PM, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

this is from 3 weeks ago at barkerville. we were about 5K ft. over ten feet at the other areas around here now. and we just had a foot and a half fall in the last couple days in town. mountains are getting pounded. will post some more pics from this coming sundays riding

well, today was going to be in the mountains. sorry no pics. 37 fucking below. na, we took a pass. where the fuck is the global warming? be in the -30 area all week, then guess what? starts to be just fucking great sledding temps next week. WHEN I GO BACK TO FUCKING WORK!!!!!! the horror, the horror

Looks like 5 or so here and supposed to be another 6 I guess.  Just up the road is a foot already.  It may be for real this time with cold temps backing up this two day storm.  Get out there and pack those trails boys!  BUT DON’T DESTROY THE BASE!!!!!  :lmao:

We have decent snow here but it is -35°c / -31°f. So it is a little cold to be riding. It really sucks as my other half hasn't been out yet this year and she is on the tail end of a 4 day weekend and we have either been to busy or it has been to damn cold to ride lol. Hopefully next weekend we can get out.

4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

We have decent snow here but it is -35°c / -31°f. So it is a little cold to be riding. It really sucks as my other half hasn't been out yet this year and she is on the tail end of a 4 day weekend and we have either been to busy or it has been to damn cold to ride lol. Hopefully next weekend we can get out.

You know, the make gear that fits comfortably over dresses not.  I think Klim has patents.  :lol: 

J/K....yuh, fuck those temps.  I don't even think I have enough gear to even try it!  

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You know, the make gear that fits comfortably over dresses not.  I think Klim has patents.  :lol: 

J/K....yuh, fuck those temps.  I don't even think I have enough gear to even try it!  

Are you referring to Arctic Cat pit coats? Lmao.

We still may get out but just around home in farmers fields and such just to say we did. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i ride those temps when i have to not by choice.  i saddle bagged with my old man one year and we had a couple fo real cold days where you had to duct tape things closed.  

Left Derby VT one day headed to tetford mines PQ. Handwarmers stopped working 1/2 way there . Had to be -20. KInda sucked.

Pulled into the oxbow lodge in Maine one night at -35 . The minute you stopped , you were freezing.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

It is blowing and slicker then shit on the road.  Not sure if I'm looking forward to this drive or not.

Welp, this did not go well.  Trailer is in a friend's shop about 25 miles away and drove the truck home in the same shit.  Maybe try again tomorrow.  Almost put it in the ditch 3 times, only thing that saved me on the second two was the ice covered gravel shoulder, at 10mph on the state highway.  I've driven in some nasty shit, but not pure ice with 25-35mph sustained cross winds.  FML.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Left Derby VT one day headed to tetford mines PQ. Handwarmers stopped working 1/2 way there . Had to be -20. KInda sucked.

Pulled into the oxbow lodge in Maine one night at -35 . The minute you stopped , you were freezing.

A while back, it was so cold at one race I left the truck running all weekend, 3 days.  Genie quit sometime Friday night, so the trailer was froze solid.  Had to bring that back to the hotel lobby to get it thawed out to get it to start.  Once we got back to the trailer, the propane tanks were frozen, so I had to put those in the pickup to warm up.  Sitting in staging, one of the Jr. racers had a speedo protector and no handgaurds.  Told his parents to go get a real windshield from my trailer and they said he was fine.  Wrecked the sled to top off that shitshow of a weekend.

22 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think it is 4"-7" here and we are all of 4" and it is still going.

11 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I think we ended up with 10+"

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Looks like 5 or so here and supposed to be another 6 I guess.  Just up the road is a foot already.  It may be for real this time with cold temps backing up this two day storm.  Get out there and pack those trails boys!  BUT DON’T DESTROY THE BASE!!!!!  :lmao:

We ended up with 12 here in Crosslake. There's 10 on the railing and over 12 on the deck when I tried out our new cordless shovel.  That thing is slick for decks.

20211227_081816.jpg

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 1