Sledding season.

Well if you believe Joe Bastardi the pattern is changing, Jan/Feb/Mar are all supposed to be below avg temps. And if you want to go with JD's rose colored glasses northern MN is supposed to get a decent snowfall around / just after Christmas. It looks a little thin at the moment but probably still rideable. I plan on riding somewhere between Christmas & New Years. Who knows it could end up being like the winter of 2013, slow shitty start but finished strong and we were all riding into late March, knock on wood.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Highmark said:

From such a promising start to :fuckyou: you mother nature.  

Keep thinking about trading up and then I feel like hitting myself across the face with a brick would probably make more sense. :lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Trying to decide if we really want to go to Houghton or not between Christmas and New Years.

I'm sure every swinging D around will be in the UP at that time.

Yeah. Everyone is starting to come riding the trails here now because they’re so nice 

so Saturday’s and Sunday are almost too busy 

3 hours ago, nacapster said:

Well if you believe Joe Bastardi the pattern is changing, Jan/Feb/Mar are all supposed to be below avg temps. And if you want to go with JD's rose colored glasses northern MN is supposed to get a decent snowfall around / just after Christmas. It looks a little thin at the moment but probably still rideable. I plan on riding somewhere between Christmas & New Years. Who knows it could end up being like the winter of 2013, slow shitty start but finished strong and we were all riding into late March, knock on wood.

Jackman Maine has about 6", another couple coming, daily snow showers usually, and cold temps.  I"m heading up Monday after Xmas and maybe riding the roads. 

2 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

Well it's not uncommon for me to ice race motorcycles and woods ride then trailer north once a week for snow. Last year this time the wife and I went riding.

Man I miss the bikes, and the ice racing back in the day.  I'm ready to ride though.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Keep thinking about trading up and then I feel like hitting myself across the face with a brick would probably make more sense. :lol:

:lol:  Best practice!

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

So 16k for a toy you can use for 2 mo most yrs is crazy oh not 2 mo call it weekends of 2 mo. so best case 16 days a yr 

He'll that is only 1k a day before expenses  buy 3 

2 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

snow till hell wont have it out here in the mountains. 

264012480_1225614564597947_2832459971354930703_n.jpg

265034397_1024771371434718_6923014548419090092_n.jpg

265572848_1689072761439896_3180133825255101706_n.jpg

Looking pretty bleek for over 8k ft 

Where you at? We were thinking of heading out  after new yr to drop the shit in Kremling for the season and hopefully get a few good days in . But looking adequate at best as of now 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Trying to decide if we really want to go to Houghton or not between Christmas and New Years.

I'm sure every swinging D around will be in the UP at that time.

Are you out if your fucking mind ? Lol have you never been up there in that shit show week? If 3ft rollers are your thing have at her . You could not fucking pay me . Especaly with the low snow every place in the midwest . Fuck that.  Just hell  . I don't care how many new yrs you can celebrate on each end if the lake . 

My wife pretty much quit ridding after a trip to the up that week 

37 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Are you out if your fucking mind ? Lol have you never been up there in that shit show week? If 3ft rollers are your thing have at her . You could not fucking pay me . Especaly with the low snow every place in the midwest . Fuck that.  Just hell  . I don't care how many new yrs you can celebrate on each end if the lake . 

My wife pretty much quit ridding after a trip to the up that week 

We are planning on going somewhere with 4 other couples and have rooms in 10 different places to ride.  If the Black Hills had snow, they are just as far of a drive for us.  I'd rather go there.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We are planning on going somewhere with 4 other couples and have rooms in 10 different places to ride.  If the Black Hills had snow, they are just as far of a drive for us.  I'd rather go there.

Any day the hills over the UP .

4 women in the up that week . Just asking for bitching . Trust me SHIT SHOW .

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Jackman Maine has about 6", another couple coming, daily snow showers usually, and cold temps.  I"m heading up Monday after Xmas and maybe riding the roads. 

Man I miss the bikes, and the ice racing back in the day.  I'm ready to ride though.

:lol:  Best practice!

sure beats doing nothing during the week in the winter

51240393_1971770566460922_4372252805834997760_o (2).jpg

12321227_10207699626389308_5195613334025462047_n.jpg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Looking pretty bleek for over 8k ft 

Where you at? We were thinking of heading out  after new yr to drop the shit in Kremling for the season and hopefully get a few good days in . But looking adequate at best as of now 

this is from 3 weeks ago at barkerville. we were about 5K ft. over ten feet at the other areas around here now. and we just had a foot and a half fall in the last couple days in town. mountains are getting pounded. will post some more pics from this coming sundays riding

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

this is from 3 weeks ago at barkerville. we were about 5K ft. over ten feet at the other areas around here now. and we just had a foot and a half fall in the last couple days in town. mountains are getting pounded. will post some more pics from this coming sundays riding

Is that Bc ? 

1 hour ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

it is. i live half way up the province and in the middle, east west.  prince george, a town of about 80K. of which it seems 79.5 K have poos or doos

I took a google maps look around and looks like you have mtns in all directions. Cool area , (other than the crime.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_British_Columbia

Edited by CFM

30 minutes ago, CFM said:

I took a google maps look around and looks like you have mtns in all directions. Cool area , (other than the crime.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_British_Columbia

hahahaha. we love the crime here. keeps the fuck tards from vancouver from buying up here. hahaha. and it is the same as all towns. ya dont go to some areas after dark and most crime is the gang bangers

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

it is. i live half way up the province and in the middle, east west.  prince george, a town of about 80K. of which it seems 79.5 K have poos or doos

Yeah northern CO ie steamboat springs aria only 26inch at the top of the pass . Pretty bleak