Thanks again Boomers

I see a massive increase in income and consumption taxes.

I plan to work very little in the coming years, just up to the level where the taxes are a minimum.

• Like 1

LMAO 57 and I'm out !! Along with 7 more to follow by March. Now with the following generations being lazy expect this to get worse, far worse. The company I was working for went and tossed big money at the crew during the last contract and still these kids will not work, they were taught not to work hard in school by their lazy parents and teachers.

My generation was smart enough to make plans when we started to see the retirement age getting pushed further out and now that we can tap out we might as well. When you have so called kids in their late 20's and early 30's still unemployed or underemployed it makes you wonder how can they ever think about retirement with all that debt with a gender studies degree LOL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/18/business/labor-shortage-boomers-millennials-nightcap/index.html 

I've been saying this since 2020

Get back to work Boomer's, the economy needs you. 

I'm the youngest of 5 boys. My next older brother was the last to be a boomer.

Retiring before the 2 business owners, the big lawyer and a car dealer.

Something is wrong here with your scenario....

22 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/18/business/labor-shortage-boomers-millennials-nightcap/index.html 

I've been saying this since 2020

Get back to work Boomer's, the economy needs you. 

Time for millennials to get the fuck off mommy and daddy couch and go the fuck to work!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Time for millennials to get the fuck off mommy and daddy couch and go the fuck to work!

Only if they can start halfway up the ladder  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

you need to get up to speed, the top or nothing and most choose nothing

The "everybody gets a trophy" generation. Pretty much the complete opposite of the hard working Baby Boomers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doomxz600 said:

LMAO 57 and I'm out !! Along with 7 more to follow by March. Now with the following generations being lazy expect this to get worse, far worse. The company I was working for went and tossed big money at the crew during the last contract and still these kids will not work, they were taught not to work hard in school by their lazy parents and teachers.

My generation was smart enough to make plans when we started to see the retirement age getting pushed further out and now that we can tap out we might as well. When you have so called kids in their late 20's and early 30's still unemployed or underemployed it makes you wonder how can they ever think about retirement with all that debt with a gender studies degree LOL.

I retired at 55 after 36 yrs of work. My son is currently in College completing his advanced electronic engineering course. He is working his butt off for that and is doing quite well, thankfully.

He also works part time and juggles his ever increasingly demanding girlfriend. Painting all youth with the same broad brush is not fair. Many of my son's friends are nothing like what some like to believe either. Good work ethics and not afraid to get dirty either. 

During my time working, I have seen my share of lazy assholes as well. Some were young and some were older so it is not surprising some of these kids turned out the same way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

There's a rather large home just up the street from me, Dad is a doctor, mom stays at home, they have a fleet of high end cars, kids from elementary school to their late 20's and they all live at home.  They clearly don't have financial issues but why they don't boot the older fledglings out of the nest is hard to understand.

At 18 and three days after his graduation, I left home and never moved back.  Some Parents are just wierd these days. 

But, I know plenty of people who have retired and moved their investments to safe harbors in the past two years.

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The "everybody gets a trophy" generation. Pretty much the complete opposite of the hard working Baby Boomers

You mean the generation of sex, drugs and rock & roll, the flower children, John Kerry and Jane Fonda?  They figured out capitalism and how to suck the next generation (mine) dry just like the 'greatest generation' before them.  Our day is coming though, maybe we can run the well dry.  

1 hour ago, irv said:

I retired at 55 after 36 yrs of work. My son is currently in College completing his advanced electronic engineering course. He is working his butt off for that and is doing quite well, thankfully.

He also works part time and juggles his ever increasingly demanding girlfriend. Painting all youth with the same broad brush is not fair. Many of my son's friends are nothing like what some like to believe either. Good work ethics and not afraid to get dirty either. 

During my time working, I have seen my share of lazy assholes as well. Some were young and some were older so it is not surprising some of these kids turned out the same way. 

life isn't fair

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

There's a rather large home just up the street from me, Dad is a doctor, mom stays at home, they have a fleet of high end cars, kids from elementary school to their late 20's and they all live at home.  They clearly don't have financial issues but why they don't boot the older fledglings out of the nest is hard to understand.

At 18 and three days after his graduation, I left home and never moved back.  Some Parents are just wierd these days. 

But, I know plenty of people who have retired and moved their investments to safe harbors in the past two years.

Personally I dont think anything is wrong if people stay together with their kids as a family unit to a point...I would allow my kids to stay if they had a game plan..Just because they live at home doesnt mean they cannot work or learn to pay for their own bills. My Dad charged me rent at 19 but I had the whole finished basement. It worked until i saved up enough to get an Apartment..if anything made me want to get out since paying to live with Him wasnt so satisfying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

There was a time when a person could fail and it was their fault, no handouts. No child left behind didn't raise the bar, it lowered the standards so the lowest could keep up. With that those who could excel decided not to as everyone got moved forward. 

My high school teacher said kids are apathetic and they learned it from their parents who learned it from their parents, the last of the boomers. Going back three generations to fix this isn't gonna happen and do you think "the we are all in this together" folks are going to step up, they went home and hung out while everyone else worked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

I'm the youngest of 5 boys. My next older brother was the last to be a boomer.

Retiring before the 2 business owners, the big lawyer and a car dealer.

Something is wrong here with your scenario....

Whats wrong is he failed statistics in school.  Boomers WERE the largest population group, so naturally there will be an impact when they retire.  But this notion of "blaming" them for anything is laughable horse shit.  Makes them feel good I guess.  This boomer is probably going to work until he's 70, because the nature of the job I have can be done part time or remotely at this point, and the money will still be flowing in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

Congrats on retirement.  Some don't like painting an entire generation with the same brush but I can tell you the majority have no clue and that's on their parents.  Wife and I raised ours to understand the value of working and the money that comes from that hard work.  

The absolute best part of today's work environment is the bar is so low that if you have ambition and a brain you can easily get ahead far faster than when my wife and I started out.  My son for example is 25 and has been in his profession for only 4 years.  He has had 3 promotions already and working on a 4th at a Fortune 100 that would previously take 10-15 years to achieve.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

Congrats on retirement.  Some don't like painting an entire generation with the same brush but I can tell you the majority have no clue and that's on their parents.  Wife and I raised ours to understand the value of working and the money that comes from that hard work.  

The absolute best part of today's work environment is the bar is so low that if you have ambition and a brain you can easily get ahead far faster than when my wife and I started out.  My son for example is 25 and has been in his profession for only 4 years.  He has had 3 promotions already and working on a 4th at a Fortune 100 that would previously take 10-15 years to achieve.

Being a hard worker still counts.  I think many are also learning the value of a trade, vs. getting into 6 figure debt for a 4 year degree, that just doesn't count for much.  Thankfully my kids were raised the same, and both doing very well.  But when I go to McDonalds and hand the lady at the drive through a five dollar bill and a quarter for a bill that came to $4.17 and I see the confusion on her face cuz she forgot to enter "amount tendered", i realize we might be doomed.  :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Only if they can start halfway up the ladder  

Fuck they come into the pulp mill, phone in hand, useless.

Think they're going to walk right into a position like the guy that's been there 25 years 🤦.

Company already fired a few before they got in the union. Union guys didn't complain one bit! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Think they're going to walk right into a position like the guy that's been there 25 years 🤦

Company already fired a few before they got in the union. Union guys didn't complain one bit! 

It goes both ways. My son is getting ahead quick because he is working his ass off and because of it leap frogging lifer's that have been rotting behind their desks for 20 or 30 years just waiting for the gold watch to arrive.  Because both my wife and I spent our entire careers in that environment we have given him all the ammo he needs to by-pass the old guard that thinks you need 20 years to somehow get smart or get things done.

Was in his job for a year and wrote some code that allowed the company to avoid signing a $2M commercial software contract.  They promoted him immediately and has been managing a group of developers that just keeps getting larger every quarter - it's now up to 45.  This code has saved the company over $50M in Amazon Cloud Services fees over the past two years.

The value of hard work is still valuable you just have to be smart enough to take advantage of that.

• Like 1