2023 Snowmobile Industry Predictions

21 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I don't believe they need a bigger bore.  But for your argument sake, did Polaris and skidoo have Suzuki reliability when they went larger?  Rhetorical question, I know the answer, you don't have to humiliate yourself.

If people or cat actually cared about shedding a few pounds they could easily remove 24 pounds by taking off electric start.  It would also give a smaller MSRP.  With that said I don't think the weight difference is that much if I remember right from the shootout.  With cat being such a more durable sled, any further weight drop may possibly come at the cost of durability.   Unless they can find a way to make the hood and headlight lighter.. it seems way heavier than necessary and that is weight that is high up and over the front.  Maybe going to the blast/SX good could shed a couple.  I personally don't see the fascination with those hoods like some of you hibberts.

On the engine, maybe the 800 is enough, but I'm not a lake or rail bed racer.  I do know that the Zuke 800 set a very high bar for Cat owners so anything less reliable is a negative, and for non Cat loyalists the ct8000 could make the same powa as the 850s but if it's a potential grenade and not in a 'new chassis' you probably won't see them lining up around the corner to buy one. 

We're on the same page with estart and have been for a long time.  Idk precisely where the added pork comes from when comparing them to the other brands and no cat rider wants a crumply tin can but there's got to be a little to lose.  Did you see the chassis pics of Herf's mod sled?  They did some lightening.  ;)

26 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Supply chain will start to come around. I doubt much change will come from any of the manufacturers, as far as new models, etc. I’ll be willing to bet that snow check will be very limited this year, in order to better get sleds to customers in time next year. 

As for @Bontzand @Doug, if you guys can get floor models, with similar builds to what you had ordered, why don’t you cancel your orders and take the floor models? 

There aren't any floor models at the two Polaris dealers nearby that I'd do business with, so that eliminates that option for me.  The other part to this is, I'm not gonna go pay MSRP (or more) for a lesser sled since my XCR is showing in "Build" status at this point.  So I hope that means it'll be here in the next few weeks :thumbsup:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Doug said:

I still have my 2021 VR1 that my wife will ride this year.  She has a rental agreement for me to sign so I can ride it.

That’s right. I forgot about that. 

Funny. The wife jumped on my Indy when I got it. She hates the newer “sit up” sleds. She loves her 2005 Classic so win win for me. I can keep upgrading and she’s happy with what she has. I probably should buy a battery for it this year at least. That way, if she does go for a ride this year, I don’t have to pull start it. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

On the engine, maybe the 800 is enough, but I'm not a lake or rail bed racer.  I do know that the Zuke 800 set a very high bar for Cat owners so anything less reliable is a negative, and for non Cat loyalists the ct8000 could make the same powa as the 850s but if it's a potential grenade and not in a 'new chassis' you probably won't see them lining up around the corner to buy one. 

We're on the same page with estart and have been for a long time.  Idk precisely where the added pork comes from when comparing them to the other brands and no cat rider wants a crumply tin can but there's got to be a little to lose.  Did you see the chassis pics of Herf's mod sled?  They did some lightening.  ;)

I don’t see Cat building a bigger two stroke. A lot of the Cat guys that want the fastest of the fast are perfectly happy with the turbskis. 

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

There aren't any floor models at the two Polaris dealers nearby that I'd do business with, so that eliminates that option for me.  The other part to this is, I'm not gonna go pay MSRP (or more) for a lesser sled since my XCR is showing in "Build" status at this point.  So I hope that means it'll be here in the next few weeks :thumbsup:

Gotcha. That’s good news. Seems like I’ve see a few ‘22 XCRs in dealer ads somewhere. I know there’s a Polaris dealer over by Milwaukee (West Bend, iirc) that has a PILE of brand new ‘20-‘22 RMKs that have me thinking really hard about upgrading MY RMK to an Axys chassis. I think they even had some newer Matryx trail sleds too. 

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The Suzuki 800 ho was not the holy grail you seem to think.  It was fairly reliable but it's power was not very good and driveability and dirtyness down low/midrange was likely worst in class..  not just in emissions but in the ride experience, dirty down low and not very good power until you are wide open.  The ctec is a way better engine.  I don't miss the Suzuki 800 ho at all.  Way better dirty Suzuki engines out there than the 800 if you're going to play that game.  And the ctec is the most reliable current 800, despite you constantly dogging it.

As far as herfs sled, I didn't look at chassis too much with those twin pipes staring at me.  Think of the wheelies..  but I'm sure it's lighter and better, it is a factory race machine.

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Supply chain will start to come around. I doubt much change will come from any of the manufacturers, as far as new models, etc. I’ll be willing to bet that snow check will be very limited this year, in order to better get sleds to customers in time next year. 

As for @Bontzand @Doug, if you guys can get floor models, with similar builds to what you had ordered, why don’t you cancel your orders and take the floor models? 

Last week my dealer had one Launch 129 850 unspoken for.  He's in Eastern Wisconsin and a guy came over from Minnesota to buy it.  

• 1 month later...

If I'm dreaming, give me a 146" skid with the Skidoo 900 turbo motor, some lightweight tricks, high end shocks, LED headlights and an improved gauge.  Maybe a Lynx version?  I'd put money down for that.

19 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

If I'm dreaming, give me a 146" skid with the Skidoo 900 turbo motor, some lightweight tricks, high end shocks, LED headlights and an improved gauge.  Maybe a Lynx version?  I'd put money down for that.

Exactly what I'm waiting for.

Lynx has it already 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 3:06 PM, nacapster said:

I wouldn't be surprised if reveal dates get pushed back. Some guys still won't have their 22s or only had them for a week or two come late Feb. I also see tighter limits on dealer orders so if you want a 23 I wouldn't wait till the end of the spring order period, that will probably get shortened as well. Oh, in addition to the normal MSRP hike we'll also get to enjoy commodity surcharges & extra freight charges. I should've stuck to my 3 year pattern and ordered a 21. 

On the sleds themselves this is what I see:

Arctic Cat - Will they finally release something new or continue to lay low due to the current state of affairs??? They obviously have a new chassis and engine in the works, possibly suspension as well. Doo & Poo have had their 850s out for several seasons now and the Pro-Cross is entering it's 11th year.

Polaris - In typical me to fashion they will debut their version of smart shox and little else.

Yamaha - She's done, stick a fork in it. 

Ski-Doo - Possible new plastics / headlight combo, possible goodies from the race sled (front end), & possible tune / tweak to the 600R to keep up with the Jones.

Your saying Yamaha is done, but they just had a Record year in sells, that they have not seen since Apex was released ,,,,,, so not sure where you are coming from , with that statement .....  and because they did so well, that means more money for R&D

• Like 1

I feel like Cat's new chassis is happening this spring.  It's too overdue and I think they know they can't wait any longer (but can they get all the parts for a new chassis is the question).  Also, agree that yami had record sales but don't know if they get the new chassis as well or just Cat.  

19 hours ago, CharliePii said:

Your saying Yamaha is done, but they just had a Record year in sells, that they have not seen since Apex was released ,,,,,, so not sure where you are coming from , with that statement .....  and because they did so well, that means more money for R&D

You think Yamaha is doing r&d?  They don't even make snowmobiles.  Or us this a troll post, I can't tell.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Ski Doo reveal Feb 14 at 2:00 pm eastern

Saw that too, and can't help but wonder WTF they're thinking ... there's still plenty of people waiting for their 2022's!!

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Saw that too, and can't help but wonder WTF they're thinking ... there's still plenty of people waiting for their 2022's!!

They are thinking they need to take their orders now and get parts on order from their suppliers.  Smart planning on their part.  This isn't Polaris we are talking about here.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

They are thinking they need to take their orders now and get parts on order from their suppliers.  Smart planning on their part.  This isn't Polaris we are talking about here.

Maybe the will offer -23s for the people that haven´t got them yet? That way they don´t have to build those -22s...

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Lights are pretty dim. Needs some ninja turtle lights!!!!

Looks like it does not have much for adding accessories like a heated shied. Probably had the hand warmers set to 155 degrees. Man those Matrix are Fugly!