Big ass windshields

• Gold Member

When the shop guys installed this one for me they told me to watch for low power lines....  LOL  Its the white Pro-S there.  I had it installed to do the Valentine 500.  I ended up with a touch over 800 miles in two days.  I sure was happy to have that windshield!!

windshield.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, poopooforme said:

This is how I roll now.  Its amazing how much better the Maytrx is on wind deflection compared to the axys.  Between that and the smart warmers this is plenty of windshield for me now.  

IMG_20210104_144025104_HDR.jpg

Being comfortable makes riding far more enjoyable to me.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, poopooforme said:

This is how I roll now.  Its amazing how much better the Maytrx is on wind deflection compared to the axys.  Between that and the smart warmers this is plenty of windshield for me now.  

IMG_20210104_144025104_HDR.jpg

Looks good

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, Mag6240 said:

Extra Tall - it’s not the super wide Polaris offers, but does provide some deflection over the bars and pretty good coverage for a seated rider.

227343FE-38D8-443A-A869-9ECEA1B12F26.thumb.jpeg.40f3e2f99c685d896bb6f35da56f6ea3.jpeg

That's the one my bud has on his "22 XCR. It was purrfect when I rode it!  I laugh when the speedometer cover guys are complaining about cold and frostbite around their goggles!

• 10 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, Doug said:

No never had any problems with them.  Some were not calibrated when the sled was setup and didn't work correctly.  Normally one would not work at all    

I think between the smart warmers and 7S display, Polaris has a couple of killer apps on their hands, pun intended.  I'd love to try a newer Polaris for a day or two, just for that reason.

1 minute ago, p51mstg said:

I think between the smart warmers and 7S display, Polaris has a couple of killer apps on their hands, pun intended.  I'd love to try a newer Polaris for a day or two, just for that reason.

I have some trouble keeping my hands warm on cold days below zero. Prior to the smart hand warmers I would pack soft gantlets and put them on as needed. The first year with smart grips I still brought the gantlets with be never used them.  Last year I no longer bring them.

The S7 has some nice features that I now prefer to have but the smart handle warmers are a must have for me. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Think this is the first windshield I've ever had on a sled.  It actually looks pretty good and the handguards clear for the most part.  First ride with it will be Friday and we will be lucky if the temps are in the single digits.

image.thumb.png.43d2bd3fddde48572fd9dc7158096146.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Think this is the first windshield I've ever had on a sled.  It actually looks pretty good and the handguards clear for the most part.  First ride with it will be Friday and we will be lucky if the temps are in the single digits.

How many miles on the Lynx and how do you like it so far?

21 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Being warm and comfortable beats looking cool seven days a week. :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

How many miles on the Lynx and how do you like it so far?

Sled has maybe 1,500, I've put on around 1,000 of those miles.  So far so good, haven't had any issues other than a loose throttle block the dealer fixed under warranty.  I'll probably do a bigger write up at the end of the season once I've had a chance to really tweak things to my liking.  The suspension setup needs some work yet.  It's a fine balance to be able to rail the corners and still be able to rip a wheelie over the hills.  Fun sled to ride though and way easier on the body than my Cat was.  Long rides are a lot easier on this machine.  In the rough stuff it's the real deal.

The 850 etec is the best motor in the biz as far as I'm concerned.  From an engineering perspective and manufacturing quality, BRP does a really nice job.  By comparison, a Procross Cat looks like someone built it in their garage from scratch and put fancy plastics on it.

As with all BRP products, you buy 90% of the machine up front and need another 10% for accessories that should have come on the machine to begin with.

The good thing is Doo, Lynx, Polaris, and Cat in a couple years are all going to have good stuff.  Lots for the consumer to pick from depending on their needs and dealer support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sled has maybe 1,500, I've put on around 1,000 of those miles.  So far so good, haven't had any issues other than a loose throttle block the dealer fixed under warranty.  I'll probably do a bigger write up at the end of the season once I've had a chance to really tweak things to my liking.  The suspension setup needs some work yet.  It's a fine balance to be able to rail the corners and still be able to rip a wheelie over the hills.  Fun sled to ride though and way easier on the body than my Cat was.  Long rides are a lot easier on this machine.  In the rough stuff it's the real deal.

The 850 etec is the best motor in the biz as far as I'm concerned.  From an engineering perspective and manufacturing quality, BRP does a really nice job.  By comparison, a Procross Cat looks like someone built it in their garage from scratch and put fancy plastics on it.

As with all BRP products, you buy 90% of the machine up front and need another 10% for accessories that should have come on the machine to begin with.

The good thing is Doo, Lynx, Polaris, and Cat in a couple years are all going to have good stuff.  Lots for the consumer to pick from depending on their needs and dealer support.

I find their Enduro 600 they don't import very intriguing... but now 'we' have the Catalyst coming which we'll be able to put a big ass windshield on. ;)

327469278_5475138412590498_4485432649019

327784948_574457744724328_14150660114474

IMG_5116-696x522.jpg

IMG_5130-1024x874.jpg

I actually wonder if it'll fit in the clamshell without hitting as the BAW on my 720 clears by only an inch or two?  :dunno:

DSCN0091.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 2:33 PM, teamgreen02 said:

I spent time on a Lynx RAVE and a VR1 Boost this weekend in the U.P. of Michigan. Both absolutely amazing sleds. 

The Lynx I was able to run a high speed junked up ditch line and the sled just ate everything with ease...the rear skid felt bottomless. It had handling composure when you wanted it, or, yank on the bars and it would pull a massive wheelie at will.

The throttle hit from the VR1 boost was intoxicating.  Even though my tuned XF 9000 (stock muffler, TD 260hp) was definitely faster (we drag raced a few times), the VR1 felt much faster, which was an odd thing to reconcile. It spent most of its time on the back axle lol.

Getting back on my sled and despite the power, it felt....well.... kinda boring tbh. Here's to hoping the Catalyst is a return to a more spirited riding experience.

And in order to not hijack this thread: I'm still team bikini windshield....for now...:lolz:

Edited by Premium

• 10 months later...